Thursday night "stand up"..

krissg910

Here's the way I see things.......

Union bears are well aware that UEFA find the  phrase "fenian bastard" and similar unacceptable when used in songs and/or chants by our fans.

Union Bears know that UEFA will impose sanctions upon Rangers for any infringement of the above.

Union bears think they are Billy Big Baws , ignore the above and continue to lead off songs / chants that contain the aforementioned phrase.

UEFA punishes Rangers. Rangers punishes Union Bears because they canny take a telling.

Union Bears put out a statement that looks as if it has been composed by a ten year old child. It has not been proof read by anyone older than eleven, and is littered with grammatical errors.

Union Bears think the world owes them a living  and we should all support them as they have been hard done by.

I support Rangers. I live and breathe Rangers. I am not special, I am one of many. I love a sing song as much as anyone on either side of me.

Do I sing "fuck the pope" or "fenian bastard"? No, I don't. Some others do, many others don't. For anyone who says "everyone does it" - that is simply not true. Did I do it in my younger days? Yes, but times have changed now.  Many phrases are no longer acceptable and we must change with the times. As a kid in the West of Scotland, I and many others used a whole vocabulary of words that are no longer acceptable. Example - we used to see mini buses for a local special needs school with "Scottish Council for Spastics" on the side.  Looking back, it's a pretty horrible word. Our local shop was referred to universally (even by a school teacher of mine) as the "Paki shop". That word too is thankfully in decline. It's a shop and it doesn't matter where the owner's father came from.

Walter Smith openly admits that he as a kid at Ibrox sang songs that he is ashamed of now and used words that he hopes his grandchildren would never hear. I agree with him 100%.

It's not all doom and gloom. How about using this as a positive?

When Souness arrived, he signed our first big name catholic in Maurice Johnston. Bampots burned their scarves at the front door of Ibrox. Now we look back and thinks what eejits they were. Many of our players now cross themselves entering or leaving the pitch. I don't even notice any more and it bothers me not one iota. If they were the blue jersey of Rangers, they are one of us. That is the legacy that Souness left us.

The biggest name in football at Ibrox since Graeme Souness is now or manager. Why not let this be his legacy?

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Union bears are well aware that UEFA find the  phrase "fenian bastard" and similar unacceptable when used in songs and/or chants by our fans.

Union Bears know that UEFA will impose sanctions upon Rangers for any infringement of the above.

Union bears think they are Billy Big Baws , ignore the above and continue to lead off songs / chants that contain the aforementioned phrase.

UEFA punishes Rangers. Rangers punishes Union Bears because they canny take a telling.

Union Bears put out a statement that looks as if it has been composed by a ten year old child. It has not been proof read by anyone older than eleven, and is littered with grammatical errors.

Union Bears think the world owes them a living  and we should all support them as they have been hard done by.

I support Rangers. I live and breathe Rangers. I am not special, I am one of many. I love a sing song as much as anyone on either side of me.

Do I sing "fuck the pope" or "fenian bastard"? No, I don't. Some others do, many others don't. For anyone who says "everyone does it" - that is simply not true. Did I do it in my younger days? Yes, but times have changed now.  Many phrases are no longer acceptable and we must change with the times. As a kid in the West of Scotland, I and many others used a whole vocabulary of words that are no longer acceptable. Example - we used to see mini buses for a local special needs school with "Scottish Council for Spastics" on the side.  Looking back, it's a pretty horrible word. Our local shop was referred to universally (even by a school teacher of mine) as the "Paki shop". That word too is thankfully in decline. It's a shop and it doesn't matter where the owner's father came from.

Walter Smith openly admits that he as a kid at Ibrox sang songs that he is ashamed of now and used words that he hopes his grandchildren would never hear. I agree with him 100%.

When Souness arrived, he signed our first big name catholic in Maurice Johnston. Bampots burned their scarves at the front door of Ibrox. Now we look back and thinks what eejits they were. Many of our players now cross themselves entering or leaving the pitch. I don't even notice any more and it bothers me not one iota. If they were the blue jersey of Rangers, they are one of us. That is the legacy that Souness left us.

The biggest name in football at Ibrox since Graeme Souness is now or manager. Why not let this be his legacy?

Has it finally been proven that it was the UB and the UB exclusively that started the songs we were eventually punished for?? 

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

So you have sang the songs. 👍👍

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

Are you denying that UB do this week in, week out?

I never said anything of the sort, however as far as I'm aware strict liability doesn't happen in the league games and this was specifically the euro tie. 

For me it looks like the UB were victims of their own success 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

I never said anything of the sort, however as far as I'm aware strict liability doesn't happen in the league games and this was specifically the euro tie. 

For me it looks like the UB were victims of their own success 

I never said you did my friend (read again?) - I merely asked you a question. Go check it out.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your saying The UB belt out TBB every game?? and only The UB?? 

You are making things up now.

a) I didn't say that - you made that bit up. I don't count, but there are several other songs that are heard most weeks in the same category. Example being "Super Rangers".

b) I didn't say that - you made that bit up.

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

a) I didn't say that - you made that bit up. I don't count, but there are several other songs that are heard most weeks in the same category. Example being "Super Rangers".

So your just having a go at The UB without any evidence. 

Good to know. 👍👍

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Sat in BF1 for years Row D, don’t think I’ve ever seen UB capo start the Super Rangers chant, when it does get chanted its usually started from the back of the stand or other sections and he lowers his mega phone. 

You’re making things up ya numpty 

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Sat in BF1 for years Row D, don’t think I’ve ever seen UB capo start the  Super Rangers chant, in fact when it does get chanted its usually started from the back of the stand or other sections  and he lowers his mega phone. 

You’re making things up ya numpty 

I don't sit in BF1, but I'm close enough to ut to hear what songs they sing. 

And I'm really struggling to remember them starting many of the song that are deemed sectarian. Most of the time they just sing all that Tito (I think it is) shit that they usually sing. Turn on the TV and most games in the UK have the same chants that we do.

I would prefer it if they just kept to original Rangers songs. They would've got banned either way after UEFA stepped in. Just like the smdllies banning ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

I'll be painting my feet and lower limbs red and wearing shorts. 

If there's any body paint left over I'll be painting my right hand red too, and will hold my right arm aloft  bearing a flag with the words "Fenans Is An Anagram of Fannies"

sorry mate, but it isn't actually.

:mutley: