Apologists

22 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

With all going on recently I want to know why is it seen by kids as cool to wear Gaelic or septic tops yet very rarely see kids wear Rangers tops. I'm talking more so in NI where I live. 

When I was wee I never had my Gers kit off and loads my mates were the same. 

I actually took my wee boy to the park the other day and a guy I knew asked him who he supported and he shouted Rangers. Later on the guy comes to me and says you should maybe teach him not to shout that out in public. No chance I said he will never be ashamed of who he is and who he supports. 

With all this bollocks in media now what songs and words we can and can't say, what colours we can and can't wear is it any wonder the next generation of Rangers fans esp in NI tend to just wear EPL kits. 

Our PR... and I don't just mean Rangers, I mean the whole lot with our unionist/orange culture is abysmal and we are in massive danger of it being wiped out all together unless we can change the toxic narrative the media has put on us. 

Has anyone experienced or noticed similar?

Or even better any solutions to stop the rot!

Sorry to hear that.

No, wait... I'm not an a apologist so not sorry. Fuck ye!

4 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

As in I have seen gradually over the last 10 years or so probably longer... Our culture and our football club being pushed out of mainstream culture. 

Rather than fighting back I more and more see the attitude to hide your identity. Don't wears Rangers shirt in case you offend the Catholic family etc etc. 

I live in NI so maybe a wee bit diff then all the Scots bears face but always been a big support back home for Rangers. 

But who's apologising 

27 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

With all going on recently I want to know why is it seen by kids as cool to wear Gaelic or septic tops yet very rarely see kids wear Rangers tops. I'm talking more so in NI where I live. 

I actually took my wee boy to the park the other day and a guy I knew asked him who he supported and he shouted Rangers. Later on the guy comes to me and says you should maybe teach him not to shout that out in public. No chance I said he will never be ashamed of who he is and who he supports. 

With all this bollocks in media now what songs and words we can and can't say, what colours we can and can't wear is it any wonder the next generation of Rangers fans esp in NI tend to just wear EPL kits. 

Our PR... and I don't just mean Rangers, I mean the whole lot with our unionist/orange culture is abysmal and we are in massive danger of it being wiped out all together unless we can change the toxic narrative the media has put on us. 

2 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

As in I have seen gradually over the last 10 years or so probably longer... Our culture and our football club being pushed out of mainstream culture. 

Rather than fighting back I more and more see the attitude to hide your identity. Don't wears Rangers shirt in case you offend the Catholic family etc etc. 

I live in NI so maybe a wee bit diff then all the Scots bears face but always been a big support back home for Rangers. 

Not sure where you live in Northern Ireland, but anytime I go home, next time being less than 2 weeks, by far the most worn football jersey in a Rangers one. It always was that way, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm from a decent sized town, not a small village. 

Also, the flute band that I grew up in is still going strong, not only that, they have a 'Veterans' band for older chaps like myself that were in it. Likewise for the other main band where i'm from, they have 'auld boys' as well as the main band. 

I see lots of the younger generation on Facebook in bands or in Lodges, when once Lodges were for older ones, at least in Northern Ireland.

I also hear ones complaining there's not enough joining bands etc, but they were complaining when I was young, it's just the way it is.

I was brought up in working class Protestant background. Though i'm aware the middle class rugby, alliance leaning Prods would be as you say, discourage Rangers tops.

I live in London now, my 3 year old is always kitted out, mainly thanks to GovanBlue!

It’s a sign of the times unfortunately especially in the West of Scotland where you have more and more catholic schools and non-denominational schools are being shut down. This is mainly due to the labour and SNP councillors we’ve had in place over the past 20 years or so. Also the campaign of pure poison against our club has definitely turned a lot of parents away from having their kids supporting Rangers. Not mine right enough, he has no chance of supporting anyone else. 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Not sure where you live in Northern Ireland, but anytime I go home, next time being less than 2 weeks, by far the most worn football jersey in a Rangers one. It always was that way, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm from a decent sized town, not a small village. 

Also, the flute band that I grew up in is still going strong, not only that, they have a 'Veterans' band for older chaps like myself that were in it. Likewise for the other main band where i'm from, they have 'auld boys' as well as the main band. 

I see lots of the younger generation on Facebook in bands or in Lodges, when once Lodges were for older ones, at least in Northern Ireland.

I also hear ones complaining there's not enough joining bands etc, but they were complaining when I was young, it's just the way it is.

I was brought up in working class Protestant background. Though i'm aware the middle class rugby, alliance leaning Prods would be as you say, discourage Rangers tops.

I live in London now, my 3 year old is always kitted out, mainly thanks to GovanBlue!

I live in lurgan at minute always mixed but becoming less so every year...

1 hour ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Where about are you mate?? 

I live off a protestant interface area where I could walk 1 way with my top on and be ok but if I walked another road, I'd be lucky not to get attacked.

P.s I've noticed some GAA tops in neutral parts of new housing in loyalist lisburn 1🤢

11 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

I live in lurgan at minute always mixed but becoming less so every year...

Lurgan?

Well that explains it.  Quite topical at the moment, with big Mal getting whacked. 

And If you see Duffy, tell him I'm thinking about him

FB_IMG_1566840082902.jpg

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Where about are you mate?? 

I live off a protestant interface area where I could walk 1 way with my top on and be ok but if I walked another road, I'd be lucky not to get attacked.

P.s I've noticed some GAA tops in neutral parts of new housing in loyalist lisburn 1🤢

I'm in lurgan. Grew up around portadown.

GAA tops everwhere... Not just tops full families kitted out top to toe in honking oneills clobber. 

Make me sick!

3 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

Won't see colin about much now... 😂 

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Duffy's too busy driving round protestant estate's in Belfast...

Is he not due to be sentenced soon, him and McCrory, Fitzsimons, or did he beat that as well?

1 hour ago, drewgardiner88 said:

(((((( SNIPPED FOR BREVITY))) 

That part of your post has been like that for decades and was highlighted particularly well by RDW in her book 'The Faithful Tribe'  where she commented and I paraphrase "Unionists and Orangemen don't feel the need to sell themselves because they have right on their side."    FENIANS mastered manipulation of the media during the troubles and that has carried over to Scotland.  Both in Scotland and NI they have aligned themselves with the Neo Marxist leftist media and they have benefited immensely whilst those on the opposite side are demonized and dehumanised.

Solutions  -- therein lies the problem - they control the narrative and we do not appear to have a solution, sadly not even a 'final one. 

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

That part of your post has been like that for decades and was highlighted particularly well by RDW in her book 'The Faithful Tribe'  where she commented and I paraphrase "Unionists and Orangemen don't feel the need to sell themselves because they have right on their side."    FENIANS mastered manipulation of the media during the troubles and that has carried over to Scotland.  Both in Scotland and NI they have aligned themselves with the Neo Marxist leftist media and they have benefited immensely whilst those on the opposite side are demonized and dehumanised.

Solutions  -- therein lies the problem - they control the narrative and we do not appear to have a solution, sadly not even a 'final one. 

Fuck's sake, that is horrible.