Gaffers reaction

Weemani

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

Legia were a good team. I think we've did really well to put out them and Midyjtylland(sp). When you take into account the fact we've successfully navigated four gruelling early season qualification rounds in back to back years, it's a pretty fine achievement

There’s no room for error, one bad night. Six wins two 0-0 draws in eight European games. Any way you do the math that gets you to the group stage.

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They were a fantastic defensive team. 

Not packing 11 players behind the ball like St Mirren but a strong defensive team who were not quite dangerous enough on the break.

We will not play against such a strong defense in Scotland

Agreed. Also their keeper very very good. Can't believe he's only 19. Should absolutely be going for him 

Legia are a good team playing in a decent league. Our goal tonight was the first they have conceded in the qualifications. There defence was like a magnet to the ball every time it went near their box.

The goal was about the first time Morelos got between them.

He makes a cracking point about the recruitment. We have built this squad on a fraction of what big club managers do these days. Makes his managerial powers all the more impressive. He is going to be in massive demand and I just hope that he won’t look at any job except the Liverpool one

Klopp loves Liverpool and is doing great. I hope he never leaves and we have Gerrard for a very very long run. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“And I’d just like to finish on the fans. 3000 were missing today...I’d like to pay me respects to them because I don’t think they all deserved to miss the game today.”

Gerrard gets it like nobody that’s set foot in our club since Walter Smith does.

Goosebumps when I heard that.

25 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He’s just made the club a lot of money and increased his reputation 

Well done Mr Gerrard and the squad.

He was truly inspirational as a player and is fast becoming a truly inspirational manager.

His record in European football is outstanding for a rookie manager building a new team.

Ticks all my boxes. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“And I’d just like to finish on the fans. 3000 were missing today...I’d like to pay me respects to them because I don’t think they all deserved to miss the game today.”

Gerrard gets it like nobody that’s set foot in our club since Walter Smith does.

Fantastic words on the fans mate 

I said in a thread a couple of days ago that the best thing this board have done was reducing celtics allocation, but bringing Gerrard in tops that tbh.

He's got the perfect temperament to be a manager and commands respect the same way Walter Smith used to, he's exactly what we needed.

I would be offering him an extension to his contract.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can he be Manager/MD too?

Knows how to galvanise and unify us. 

Win 55 this Season and I'll get a Stevie G tattoo.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Brought a tear to my eye that.

What a class act.