Europa League Travel Thread

scottyc06

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

For the flight. Think there near 300 the now, buy my flight for 200 is what im sayin. I'll get some money back at least and whoever takes it gets it almost 100 cheaper.

Now that’s the real deal

14 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Official flight details are out. My application was unsuccessful...hopefully might get in the back door with cancellations but not holding my breath.

How many points did u have mate 

7 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

1. Was still feeling fairly optimistic regardless as I thought most folk would be put off by the price tag and book independently. Looks like I was wrong...

How does that work though if independent goes down to 0 or 1 points 

do you just miss out even though if you went independently you could have got a ticket ?

36 minutes ago, Gary185 said:

do you just miss out even though if you went independently you could have got a ticket ?

Independent match ticket bookings open for supporters on 1+ TC points on Saturday morning at 9am (if there are even any left after the supporters on 3+ points and 2+ points get first and second bites of the cherry earlier in the week).

If there are still independent tickets left on Saturday morning, and you snap one up, then you would still need to arrange your own travel to get to Rotterdam (assuming you've been unsuccessful getting a space on the official flight/flights) which could be a mission and probably pricy as it gets closer and closer to the date of the game. Personally I'm gonna live in hope that there are cancellations/missed payment dates etc on the official flight/flights and that I get in the back door. I would much rather be flown straight in and out as I go with my dad who is unable to go on a mission to get there, plus I like the convenience of that and my annual leave days are currently tight anyway. This arrangement suits me best. In some respects, I guess it depends on how dedicated you are to getting there.

17 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Still don’t have an email for the official flight. Anyone else in the same boat?

Sounds promising for you (unless an unsuccessful e-mail has gone into your junk mail). Reason I say that is because I got an e-mail from Rangers/Sports Travel Management telling me I was unsuccessful about an hour ago. Maybe they send out the successful/unsuccessful e-mails at different times?..

4 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Sounds promising for you (unless an unsuccessful e-mail has gone into your junk mail). Reason I say that is because I got an e-mail from Rangers/Sports Travel Management telling me I was unsuccessful about an hour ago. Maybe they send out the successful/unsuccessful e-mails at different times?..

Hope so, there’s nothing in my junk box and being on 3 points I was expecting to be alright for this.

4 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Hope so, there’s nothing in my junk box and being on 3 points I was expecting to be alright for this.

Think you will be. It's the lowly points holders like me that'll have got the disappointing/frustrating/bad/depressing/deflating (insert suitable adjective here...) news buddy 😉

More unsuccessful than successful for official flight on here so far. Now wondering how many planes the club/Sports Travel Management are chartering for Rotterdam, just to get an idea of the number of applicants and the chances of getting in the back door due to a cancellation etc. Know for sure that at least 3 were chartered by Thomas Cook for Vienna, so I’m hopeful that a similar number will be chartered for this game due to demand.

2 hours ago, Gary185 said:

If Rangers run a trip with one plane which in this case looks likely , you’r talking that’s 300 people if even that , so there’s 2200 tickets available independent hence people on 1 or 0 points will be in with a better shout independent than traveling on the official trip , chance you take when deciding how to travel 

44 minutes ago, Gary185 said:

So if your unsuccessful for official travel can you still have a go for independent travel

i didn’t think you could register for both 

I'd imagine you can go independently if you're unsuccessful with your official flight application.

How many travel club points you have will determine how quickly you can snap up a ticket though. If you have 3+ TC points then you should be able to buy a ticket right now. 2+ TC points sale opens on Friday 9am, 1+ TC points opens on Saturday at 9am and 0 TC points from Sunday 9am (I think).  Tickets will be on sale until they are all snapped up, so some people on  2, 1 or 0 TC points might not even get a chance at buying a ticket if demand is high and they are all snapped up before their sales windows open.

51 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

I'd imagine you can go independently if you're unsuccessful with your official flight application.

How many travel club points you have will determine how quickly you can snap up a ticket though. If you have 3+ TC points then you should be able to buy a ticket right now. 2+ TC points sale opens on Friday 9am, 1+ TC points opens on Saturday at 9am and 0 TC points from Sunday 9am (I think).  Tickets will be on sale until they are all snapped up, so some people on  2, 1 or 0 TC points might not even get a chance at buying a ticket if demand is high and they are all snapped up before their sales windows open.

Yeah. I have a feeling once it goes to 2 points they will be gone 

Archived