Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Seriously, anyone even thinking about continuing to sing the sectarian shite in stadiums anywhere needs their head checked.  

Make no mistake, with this particular manager at the helm, and the direction that the club is heading, not to mention the fact it’s 2019 btw, you’re not only selfish/mindless, but your actions could seriously jeopardise the club financially, reputation-wise and possibly in terms of sanctions/points deductions. And it could seriously discourage our manager who won’t want his own pretty much immaculate reputation associated with such behaviour.

The spotlight is now firmly on us as fans and I think it’s quite clear that the wider society (forget anything about taigs/SNP pish) won’t stand for it. Nor should it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to wake up, go to work, top of the league... with no adverse headlines about our songs. So sing loud and proud but choose our songs carefully like we did on Thursday at home to Legia.   No

I despair at this kind of post.  When will you learn that times have changed?

I want to be in such a mess celebrating that I won’t make work on Monday 👏🏻👏🏻

4 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Seriously, anyone even thinking about continuing to sing the sectarian shite in stadiums anywhere needs their head checked.  

Make no mistake, with this particular manager at the helm, and the direction that the club is heading, not to mention the fact it’s 2019 btw, you’re not only selfish/mindless, but your actions could seriously jeopardise the club financially, reputation-wise and possibly in terms of sanctions/points deductions. And it could seriously discourage our manager who won’t want his own pretty much immaculate reputation associated with such behaviour.

The spotlight is now firmly on us as fans and I thinks it’s quite clear that the wider society (forget anything about taigs/SNP pish) won’t stand for it. Nor should it.

Up to our knees in it

pollok-bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 so your answer is just let an IRA March just waltz around Glasgow. 

Your a terrorists wet dream. 

Silent protest 😂😂 

And your solution is to have violent protest getting orange walks banned next year.  

I despise the IRA.  

I just have a view on the outcome. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

And your solution is to have violent protest getting orange walks banned next year.  

I despise the IRA.  

I just have a view on the outcome. 

 

Show me the OO walks that are going to get banned by this that weren’t already under threat because we have a republican council in glasgow. 

Silent protest won’t stop these cunts, I would’ve thought by now dignified silence has been shown to do nothing. 

Blumhoilann likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Show me the OO walks that are going to get banned by this that weren’t already under threat because we have a republican council in glasgow. 

Silent protest won’t stop these cunts, I would’ve thought by now dignified silence has been shown to do nothing. 

We should be careful about identifying the IRA walk with our club.  

1.  I am pro our club. We should be clever and careful and progressive in how we support it.  All I suggest is that TBB etc is not sung on match days so that we are not tarnished by the wider society as sectarian and not punished by UEFA.

2. I am against paedophilia, the IRA, separate schools, failure to promote contraception, failure to allow abortion, Catholicism and all its perversitites, and I fucking despise Olives. I have put these in order of distaste. 

I believe we can stand together for the club on match days. 

Combatting the wider issues in relation to the IRA resurgence and its presence in Scotland.  Combatting the inequality in the inappropriately named FARE. Ensuring paedophiles and their enablers are punished.  These are more complex but very important societal issues. These are reasonable issues to fight against but using songs which are PERCIEVED AS sectarian on match days just weakens the argument and damages our club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Show me the OO walks that are going to get banned by this that weren’t already under threat because we have a republican council in glasgow. 

Silent protest won’t stop these cunts, I would’ve thought by now dignified silence has been shown to do nothing. 

I would’ve thought by now that we as a group of supporters would have recognised that singing TBB will harm our club and prevent fans watching our games

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Who gives a fuck what the media focus on? Only thing I care about is taking 3 points off these cunts.

Half the chat on here is about the media.  

I mean wider middle ground society.  

3 points we agree on. But we don’t need to shoot ourselves in the foot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Half the chat on here is about the media.  

I mean wider middle ground society.  

3 points we agree on. But we don’t need to shoot ourselves in the foot.  

Chief handwringer, fuck appeasing they fenian bastards, some just don’t get it whatever we do they’re still going to target our club and as long as we keep bending over to appease these the cunts then the more they will push for, fuck then there’s no strict liability in Scotland so the SFA will do fuck all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

So no plan, just as I thought.  This is the 21st century and times have changed.  

Sorry what do you mean times have changed ya fucking apologist?

the republican movement in Glasgow has never been any stronger and the hatred towards the unionist community has never been more out there.

if anything we should be singing our songs even more that celebrate our culture/heritage.

see all this times have changed bullshit from taig lovers like yerself.

 

Scotjo likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Half the chat on here is about the media.  

I mean wider middle ground society.  

3 points we agree on. But we don’t need to shoot ourselves in the foot.  

The media can report what they like.

UEFA punish us for singing songs in Europe so not singing them at those games makes sense.

Until the SFA punish us for it then singing them against the taigs or anyone else in this country for that matter is fair game.

Scotjo likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The media can report what they like.

UEFA punish us for singing songs in Europe so not singing them at those games makes sense.

Until the SFA punish us for it then singing them against the taigs or anyone else in this country for that matter is fair game.

We have to stop singing the alleged naughty words in Europe for obvious reasons.

However, I am for dropping them in the domestic scene also, for a  good while anyway and replace with paedo, simply because the taigs fucking hate it more than anything and there is no chance either they or the media will publicly mention it or question it, simply because it's factual, true and puts it in the public domain as to exactly what they are and they can't explain it away. It also provides them with less opportunity to tar us with the sectarian brush. 

Simply good guys for unmasking paedophiles! :innocent:

Scotjo likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Maybe many folk are deciding it might be time to change some words no matter if it's euro or domestic games. Times are changing mate and it doesn't need to be doom and gloom. Just move with the times 

No thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Aye very good.   

Protests in govan and our marches get banned. And you see that as a successful outcome.  I wouldn’t send you out to buy an ice cream cone. 

We could have protested quietly. Within the law. Protest is fine.  Let THEM break the rules. 

We are again seen as part of the problem.  

A thousand silent banners. No IRA on our streets.    

Ulster would have been in some state if you were in charge 

pollok-bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Can almost guarantee the front pages of the rags on Monday will be about our singing

I think you can just about guarantee that it will me more than just the front pages. For all the talk about toning things down, we all know that tomorrow will be vicious. The Bears will let rip with everything, the abuse aimed at their players and the all too large, little group of them in the corner will be off the scale, the rights or wrongs of which I will leave to others.  And the press will have a field day.

Never mind the constitutional/political crisis tearing the country apart, there will be 10 page special reports, and I confidently predict, at least one one already being prepared,  special (souvenir)pullout job, all of which will be screaming about strict liability and stripping us of any points we may take off them tomorrow in the event of a positive result for us.

Whilst I am not be nature a betting man, I will happily take the money off anyone who genuinely thinks that the above scenario will not be played out.

Ivybank likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Ulster would have been in some state if you were in charge 

Aye very good. Family hail from there. They did the right thing in their time.  I’m no apologist.

Defiance is not leadership.

You are no strategist.  

So tell me.  What has our European defiance achieved. 3000 fans missing out x 2. Club fines + loss of income.  No travelling support to Berne.  Further penalties will be ground closure or expulsion. 

Its about Rangers now.... not fucking Ulster then. 

Ive been on here a few years and you are obviously an avid poster. I’m an auld yin ( don’t know what age you are) and I respect your posting seniority and your passion.  I do not wish to fall out with my fellow supporters.  

I ask you to consider 1st the now... not the then

The clubs future.

Strategy .... not just defiance. 

Strict liability is coming.... if the SFA don’t impose it the SNP will come after them.  

Lets not harm ourselves in the meantime.  

As a senior poster, I ask you to think first of the club and second of the club and third of the club and encourage others to adhere to European songbook this season.  

That my friend gives us a moral high ground.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I think you can just about guarantee that it will me more than just the front pages. For all the talk about toning things down, we all know that tomorrow will be vicious. The Bears will let rip with everything, the abuse aimed at their players and the all too large, little group of them in the corner will be off the scale, the rights or wrongs of which I will leave to others.  And the press will have a field day.

Never mind the constitutional/political crisis tearing the country apart, there will be 10 page special reports, and I confidently predict, at least one one already being prepared,  special (souvenir)pullout job, all of which will be screaming about strict liability and stripping us of any points we may take off them tomorrow in the event of a positive result for us.

Whilst I am not be nature a betting man, I will happily take the money off anyone who genuinely thinks that the above scenario will not be played out.

But jakes pal.  

We have the ability to ensure this does not happen.  It’s just a few songs we need not to sing. 

We as fans can not guarantee the result but we are collectively responsible for the adverse headlines we generate.  

Let them sing their vitriol ... society can judge them.

Let us move on and leave them behind in football terms and in terms of their behaviour. 

Let us destroy them on the pitch.  

Yes they will know us by our noise but without the specific songs.  

BearInTheToon likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 31 July 2021 12:30 Until 14:30
      0  
      Rangers v Livingston
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event

×
×
  • Create New...