1 minute ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

But jakes pal.  

We have the ability to ensure this does not happen.  It’s just a few songs we need not to sing. 

We as fans can not guarantee the result but we are collectively responsible for the adverse headlines we generate.  

Let them sing their vitriol ... society can judge them.

Let us move on and leave them behind in football terms and in terms of their behaviour. 

Let us destroy them on the pitch.  

Yes they will no us by our noise but without the specific songs.  

As I said, the rights or wrongs of what I firmly believe will happen tomorrow I will leave to others. I am merely trying to be realistic about the chances of the crowd not giving it the full repertoire tomorrow. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to wake up, go to work, top of the league... with no adverse headlines about our songs. So sing loud and proud but choose our songs carefully like we did on Thursday at home to Legia.   No

I despair at this kind of post.  When will you learn that times have changed?

I want to be in such a mess celebrating that I won’t make work on Monday 👏🏻👏🏻

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

As I said, the rights or wrongs of what I firmly believe will happen tomorrow I will leave to others. I am merely trying to be realistic about the chances of the crowd not giving it the full repertoire tomorrow. 

I fear the same which is why I started the post. I’m actually less interested in the ethics of which songs are correct than the punishments they attract.  I just hope our support can be clever about the current situation. 

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Seriously, anyone even thinking about continuing to sing the sectarian shite in stadiums anywhere needs their head checked.  

Make no mistake, with this particular manager at the helm, and the direction that the club is heading, not to mention the fact it’s 2019 btw, you’re not only selfish/mindless, but your actions could seriously jeopardise the club financially, reputation-wise and possibly in terms of sanctions/points deductions. And it could seriously discourage our manager who won’t want his own pretty much immaculate reputation associated with such behaviour.

The spotlight is now firmly on us as fans and I think it’s quite clear that the wider society (forget anything about taigs/SNP pish) won’t stand for it. Nor should it.

You going tomorrow?

The whole sectarian thing is becoming a hot potato. Its only a matter of time before the nats start sticking their neb into the football. 

We've already had the Euro ban, trouble with the march in govan and you can bet your boots any singing tomorrow will be further scrutinised and add fuel to the fire.

The snp would love it if they could focus on us, appease their core support and deflect from the abysmal job they are doing day to day.

Please dont give them the opportunity. I am no taig lover nor handwringer. I care about our club and its reputation. I want all our fans to see the games.

Sometimes we have to box clever. At times we need to pick our battles. Lets do if from a position of strength and not play into their hands right now.

2 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

I would’ve thought by now that we as a group of supporters would have recognised that singing TBB will harm our club and prevent fans watching our games

Not arguing that point though. 

Im arguing your stupid point that it will drive players and the manager away, and now you’ve claimed it will drive fans away. 😂😂

Sensible folk see what TBB is a song sang at 90 mins of football that makes not a bit of difference to anyone’s life. 

Oh and if we do sing the bad bad words there will be fuck all punishment. 

56 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Aye very good. Family hail from there. They did the right thing in their time.  I’m no apologist.

Defiance is not leadership.

You are no strategist.  

So tell me.  What has our European defiance achieved. 3000 fans missing out x 2. Club fines + loss of income.  No travelling support to Berne.  Further penalties will be ground closure or expulsion. 

Its about Rangers now.... not fucking Ulster then. 

Ive been on here a few years and you are obviously an avid poster. I’m an auld yin ( don’t know what age you are) and I respect your posting seniority and your passion.  I do not wish to fall out with my fellow supporters.  

I ask you to consider 1st the now... not the then

The clubs future.

Strategy .... not just defiance. 

Strict liability is coming.... if the SFA don’t impose it the SNP will come after them.  

Lets not harm ourselves in the meantime.  

As a senior poster, I ask you to think first of the club and second of the club and third of the club and encourage others to adhere to European songbook this season.  

That my friend gives us a moral high ground.  

I'm not reading that shite 

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not arguing that point though. 

Im arguing your stupid point that it will drive players and the manager away, and now you’ve claimed it will drive fans away. 😂😂

Sensible folk see what TBB is a song sang at 90 mins of football that makes not a bit of difference to anyone’s life. 

Oh and if we do sing the bad bad words there will be fuck all punishment. 

Never said it would drive fans away. I said that fans are deprived of seeing our team already because of current bans. 

If we end up banned from Europe.  It will drive our manager and players away. 

If our brand is portrayed as sectarian it is not an attractive feature for a manager or players. 

I agree it is just a song and just 90 minutes and the punishment is excessive.  However EUFA / FARE are what we are currently up against.  

I get there is no punishment for songs on Sunday. I just don’t want our glory to be tarnished by what the media and Scotland’s middle ground read on Monday morning.   

We have an opportunity to go top at a time they are vulnerable so I don’t want any gloss taken off that moment. 

See. We are not so far apart !

46 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Never said it would drive fans away. I said that fans are deprived of seeing our team already because of current bans. 

If we end up banned from Europe.  It will drive our manager and players away. 

If our brand is portrayed as sectarian it is not an attractive feature for a manager or players. 

I agree it is just a song and just 90 minutes and the punishment is excessive.  However EUFA / FARE are what we are currently up against.  

I get there is no punishment for songs on Sunday. I just don’t want our glory to be tarnished by what the media and Scotland’s middle ground read on Monday morning.   

We have an opportunity to go top at a time they are vulnerable so I don’t want any gloss taken off that moment. 

See. We are not so far apart !

Mate I’ve already said leave the Fenian & FTP alone for the forseeable. 

But the over reaction on this especially by the club and some of the fans is nonsense. I hazard a guess that most of the players don’t even know what a Fenian is. The manager knows what makes a club great and that’s the folk in the stands and with all set of fans you will agree with some and disagree with others. 

Anyway mate I’m away to get a Beer because the butterflies have started and I can’t sit still. Have a good day tomorrow. 👍👍

They Gnu likes this
4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The media can report what they like.

UEFA punish us for singing songs in Europe so not singing them at those games makes sense.

Until the SFA punish us for it then singing them against the taigs or anyone else in this country for that matter is fair game.

As has been pointed out above, if we sing the songs (with add-ons) the result will be completely overshadowed and the watching world will once again be told how sectarian we are, and THAT will be the focus.

I would love it if we beat them and they have nothing to deflect with. Oh, they’ll complain about something but the rest of the sane world won’t give a fuck and will only notice the score.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No thank you 

Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative

Evolution mate, it happens. Like it or not, things change all the time.

The most disturbing thing about this is that there are folk who are so set in their ways they would rather bring trouble upon our club rather than give up singing one word.

bluenose48 likes this
1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

As has been pointed out above, if we sing the songs (with add-ons) the result will be completely overshadowed and the watching world will once again be told how sectarian we are, and THAT will be the focus.

I would love it if we beat them and they have nothing to deflect with. Oh, they’ll complain about something but the rest of the sane world won’t give a fuck and will only notice the score.

I don't really care what the focus will be on. You and I, along with every other Rangers fan and every taig for that matter will know what the result was no matter how they try and deflect attention away from it and if it's not songs they use to do it they'll find something else anyway.

7 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Of course because the media will treat us fairly and equally if we don’t sing the Billy Boys. Meanwhile the Paedophiles Club playthe Fields of Athenry over their PA.

TBB is an offensive song , yet Glasgow city council say even thou we find these marches offensive we have to tolerate  them?   Why when  we can't sing offensive songs that these openly  terriorist lovers hate in our own bloody country   

Well they can tolerate TBB tomorrow then when we are pumping them  as offensive things are allowed according to the council,  or did they mean the PUL only have to tolerate offensive things? 

We only have to produce this in court as offensive stuff must be tolerated but secterian singing is banned which TBB is not.

Can't wait to some cunt challenges this in court and walks, as no way can you be found guilty fir singing offensive songs when they say that the walks they give permission to like Fridays being offensive in their words not ours.

The club should be all bloody over this.   

They Gnu likes this
On 31/08/2019 at 13:56, pollok-bear said:

Sorry what do you mean times have changed ya fucking apologist?

the republican movement in Glasgow has never been any stronger and the hatred towards the unionist community has never been more out there.

if anything we should be singing our songs even more that celebrate our culture/heritage.

see all this times have changed bullshit from taig lovers like yerself.

Your ignorance is obvious by your pathetic attempts at insult.   It's time you stepped into the real world where most people now reside.   The only thing correct about your post is the point about republicans in Glasgow.  Tell us all exactly what you do or have done to counter the increase in republicanism.