Aribo

Broxi

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I see another midfielder going to create very little and hardly score mate , it’s soul destroying to be honest , non existent against st Mirren , good shot against Killie that lead to the corner , non existent today , it’s not enough so far is it ? 

I think he is an outstanding player ( Aribo ) who played one to two too many games before the break came. He looks tired as does Tav and Arfield. Not sure what I think of Kamara's average performances of late but he is a talent as well. As for Ojo, he is young and still learning. Remember what people were saying about Kent about this time last year. To me Ojo is better than Jones who has become flavour of the month. Defensively, we are solid except for the silly mistake today.

That may actually have been a game for King. He's composed on the ball and we needed someone to stand on it. It was like a hot potato at times.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I think he is an outstanding player ( Aribo ) who played one to two too many games before the break came. He looks tired as does Tav and Arfield. Not sure what I think of Kamara's average performances of late but he is a talent as well. As for Ojo, he is young and still learning. Remember what people were saying about Kent about this time last year. To me Ojo is better than Jones who has become flavour of the month. Defensively, we are solid except for the silly mistake today.

That may actually have been a game for King. He's composed on the ball and we needed someone to stand on it. It was like a hot potato at times.

If we’ve an outstanding midfielder mate we’re not relying on a set piece late on to beat st Mirren 

Aribo has obvious raw talent.  He’s great at winning the ball back, he can carry it up the pitch, he’ll chip in with 10 goals this season. He needs to be played as a number 8 in the middle of the park and today he wasn’t.

Of all the players we signed this summer I truly believe he is the best.  

13 minutes ago, TMB said:

Aribo has obvious raw talent.  He’s great at winning the ball back, he can carry it up the pitch, he’ll chip in with 10 goals this season. He needs to be played as a number 8 in the middle of the park and today he wasn’t.

Of all the players we signed this summer I truly believe he is the best.  

Disagree. To me he was awfully similar to Ejaria. Probs worse.

8 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Disagree. To me he was awfully similar to Ejaria. Probs worse.

Gerrard thinks highly of the lad.  He’ll be a key player for us this season.  I concede he had a poor game today but Incan’t help but feel the manager hung a lot of players out to dry.

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

Gerrard thinks highly of the lad.  He’ll be a key player for us this season.  I concede he had a poor game today but Incan’t help but feel the manager hung a lot of players out to dry.

That’s what he does when we struggle. Even if it’s his fault.

i just don’t see it with aribo. I honestly just see ejaria.

Ojo on the other hand - had a stinker granted - but will be like Kent with more goals and assists. That makes me happy. 

Steven Davis and Jack also make me happy. 

To play so many central midfielders with none capable of a defence splitting pass makes me rage. Arfields running and breaking the line is his strong point. Not stroking the ball about deep. 

Dont think forsterstein had a save to make. He’s not match fit either. Their LB is horrendous. The gaffer fucked this and to blame the players is inexcusable 

He’s not too different style wise from what we already have. Certainly isn’t that attacking midfielder we’ve been looking for to open up defences. We’ve had a good run, but if we’re relying on him, Ojo and Jones to be the difference for us this season we’re in for a another bitterly disappointing season. 

5 hours ago, badjon said:

Said in the match thread I hope he is not overwhelmed, well he was. Really let down overall today aside from McGregor, Flanagan and maybe Davis. Baffling the way we set up and playing Defoe from the start.

Love SG but he got the selection 100% wrong today 

Some of ours massively overrated him before he’d even kicked a ball - possibly because we may/may not have nabbed him off them.

All said and done, he’s nothing special. Drifts in and out of games and more often than not reverts to a safe sideways pass.

We all thought he was going to be the guy to carry the ball forward and unlock defences - and he’s not been doing that. In the cut and thrust of an Old Firm you need players with heart. Far better players than Aribo have come up to Scotland and fallen short. Hope I’m wrong  but don’t get the hype whatsoever - and I’ve said that on here from day one, not just after his piss poor showing today.

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

Thought he was the only poor player against Legia on Thursday and was invisible today. 

He clearly has talent but he has been drifting in and out of games far too often and I noticed that being the main criticism Charlton fans had of him as well. 

It's clearly a menatlity thing and something Gerrard is going to have to drill into him to keep his tempo up and keep looking for the ball and carrying it forward. Boy has talent but needs to step up

Will give you 3 or 4 good / great moments a game, then will drift off.

His loping style really showed up his weaknesses today, particularly playing in that sort of second striker position.

Couldn’t  have trapped a beach all in a phone box most of the time & had a man on him before he could do anything.

Looks far better when he’s moving onto the ball with the play in front of him, rather than trying to take in balls played up to him.

8 hours ago, Broxi said:

Thought he was the only poor player against Legia on Thursday and was invisible today. 

He clearly has talent but he has been drifting in and out of games far too often and I noticed that being the main criticism Charlton fans had of him as well. 

It's clearly a menatlity thing and something Gerrard is going to have to drill into him to keep his tempo up and keep looking for the ball and carrying it forward. Boy has talent but needs to step up

Fuckoff man you’re about 16 int ye?

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As for Ojo, he is young and still learning. Remember what people were saying about Kent about this time last year. To me Ojo is better than Jones who has become flavour of the month. Defensively, we are solid except for the silly mistake today.

Ojo is young and raw. He isn’t going to be the player who consistently does it for us. That said, he was pretty abysmal today.

I agree entirely re: King. If we were looking to strangle midfield then he should probably have been playing.

As for folk saying Aribo is Ejaria, only worse..... 🤣😱

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Ojo is young and raw. He isn’t going to be the player who consistently does it for us. That said, he was pretty abysmal today.

I agree entirely re: King. If we were looking to strangle midfield then he should probably have been playing.

As for folk saying Aribo is Ejaria, only worse..... 🤣😱

Really not sure about King because I only remember him coming on for the last few minutes in games with Leicester 4 years ago.