Jump to content

Do we have a stronger team than last season


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Same starting 11 also...near about. So, what has changed from May then? 

Selection for me!! In hindsight jones on for Aribo would have gave us width like Kent did stretching Celtics defense out and giving the midfield an outlay down the left wing. Instead we were playing the ball into aribos feet (he’s not a winger and he looks tired to me) and he was getting trapped on the ball all the time and turning it over. Jones would have hopefully ran the ball down the line for throw ins or corners to take the pressure off us and put it onto them.

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Candeias is a player that on his own I wouldn't rate too highly but when you consider the partnership he had with Tav then he becomes a loss . So far Tav has looked a shadow of the player he has been

Defence is better.  Midfield is better. Attack is weaker.

Aye but the selection today was shite 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Defence is better. 

Midfield is better.

Attack is weaker.

Defence is playing much  better  of late

Midfield is playing steady although not fantastic

Attack has been playing reasonably well until Sunday , when our manager decided to change winning formula

 

This place amazes me sometimes

All I see this morning . Bheasts are no great shakes , bang average  etc  etc ......... We will beat them next time or win all the games to Christmas :ohmy:

Sometimes we just have to accept we are still not good enough and deal with that

It is like groundhog day on here at times

rabc10000, dougie76 and HG5 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Defence is playing much  better  of late

Midfield is playing steady although not fantastic

Attack has been playing reasonably well until Sunday , when our manager decided to change winning formula

 

This place amazes me sometimes

All I see this morning . Bheasts are no great shakes , bang average  etc  etc ......... We will beat them next time or win all the games to Christmas :ohmy:

Sometimes we just have to accept we are still not good enough and deal with that

It is like groundhog day on here at times

This sums it up for me perfectly. Thing is if you dare say this you inevitably end up being classed as a taig etc when the harsh facts are we are just not good enough atm

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Defence is playing much  better  of late

Midfield is playing steady although not fantastic

Attack has been playing reasonably well until Sunday , when our manager decided to change winning formula

 

This place amazes me sometimes

All I see this morning . Bheasts are no great shakes , bang average  etc  etc ......... We will beat them next time or win all the games to Christmas :ohmy:

Sometimes we just have to accept we are still not good enough and deal with that

It is like groundhog day on here at times

They are piss poor EJ and we should have ran all over them yesterday. The worrying thing is we will play like that several times this year just like last season........

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sassaaaa said:

They are piss poor EJ and we should have ran all over them yesterday. The worrying thing is we will play like that several times this year just like last season........

Its more worrying that many believe they are piss poor yet we still can't seem to get ahead of them, even if it is only on goal difference. Even having a look at the nest run of 4 or 5 games I can't see, bar a major shock where they are likely to drop points. 

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a poor performance by the players but the selection was wrong and that's what gave them the upper hand. Really pissed off with Sundays performance but trying to be objective . There were a few players who did play for the first time against celtic and hopefully will have learned. I hope the manager will have learned as well. Even the game at Parkhead where we lost 2-1 playing with 10 men ,when we attacked them we were successful. Even in that game we made a mistake for their second goal rather than them taking us apart. Also we missed a sitter near the end. If we go at them with the right attitude we will win. The players and management have just got to show they want it and trust their ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

They are piss poor EJ and we should have ran all over them yesterday. The worrying thing is we will play like that several times this year just like last season........

I only care about us mate . They may or may not be pish but the beat us again , with a defence  that was just thrown  together

If we had done this , what would our chances have been at bheastville . Not very high

We honestly need to start looking more closely at our own failings

And King not spending our money on Kent or other quality players may ultimately cost us another season

 

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our defence is better (Katic looking sharp, quality backup with Helander likely to force his way in), midfield is fitter and better (a fit Davis, Jack looking good, Aribo looks good in his natural role but clearly isn't a forward), centre forward Morelos has improved again (criminal to leave him out, I knew that was a huge mistake).

Where we are weaker is the 2 supporting Morelos. Arfield isn't sharp, he's played non stop and needs a rest but he's one of our best when fully fit. Kent is a big miss.  We have signed a whole host of players for that front 3 and still to find the quality. Ojo could be that guy but he seems to lack something. I think it's aggression, he's too lax when he needs an edge to him but he has some good skill and can finish. I'd like better up top next to Morelos. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eejay the dj said:

I only care about us mate . They may or may not be pish but the beat us again , with a defence  that was just thrown  together

If we had done this , what would our chances have been at bheastville . Not very high

We honestly need to start looking more closely at our own failings

And King not spending our money on Kent or other quality players may ultimately cost us another season

Totally agree but with this manager we will play exactly like this again this season probably many times and it will cost us points every time.

Hes a bottler , far to cautious. Thursdays game was another example and the goal in injury time saved his arse. That team on Thursday were garbage and he played the same cautious defensive shite he done yesterday.

Our main problem is the manager IMO...........

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Totally agree but with this manager we will play exactly like this again this season probably many times and it will cost us points every time.

Hes a bottler , far to cautious. Thursdays game was another example and the goal in injury time saved his arse. That team on Thursday were garbage and he played the same cautious defensive shite he done yesterday.

Our main problem is the manager IMO...........

Ffs we’ve lost 1 game get a grip

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Our defence is better (Katic looking sharp, quality backup with Helander likely to force his way in), midfield is fitter and better (a fit Davis, Jack looking good, Aribo looks good in his natural role but clearly isn't a forward), centre forward Morelos has improved again (criminal to leave him out, I knew that was a huge mistake).

Where we are weaker is the 2 supporting Morelos. Arfield isn't sharp, he's played non stop and needs a rest but he's one of our best when fully fit. Kent is a big miss.  We have signed a whole host of players for that front 3 and still to find the quality. Ojo could be that guy but he seems to lack something. I think it's aggression, he's too lax when he needs an edge to him but he has some good skill and can finish. I'd like better up top next to Morelos. 

 

Realistically looking at it, if we somehow manage to get Kent back bar Aribo we are essentially playing the same team as last season that's how piss poor our summer transfers have been and not one of the other signings I feel are likely to be a guaranteed first team starter and therefore squad players. 

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have more squad depth and better options off the bench but we still need the new players to get up to speed and another 1 or 2 first team quality players.

 The tactics were wrong yesterday I think Gerrard thought he would use Aribo and Arfield to win headers and knock then onto Defoe and let him play on the shoulder. We should have used wingers and Morelos from the start and went for it from kick off. We didnt and it let them settle in and get organised.

We lost one goal because of Goldson taking to many touches and getting himself in trouble. The second was late on when were chasing the game which happens. I dont think we were outplayed but they came with a plan and stuck to it. We tried a new plan when the old one was working fine and it came back to bite us.

 The only thing that I can take from yesterday is theres still a long way to go this season and hopfully lessons have been learned. This is more about losing to them, the way we lost and we have now put ourselves under a bit of pressure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Our main threat last year was Tav but he now looks half the player without Dan link play and cover. This was another Gerrard mistake. Dan should have been given a 2 year contract extension.

 

 

 

Said it in the transfer forum when he left that he would be a massive miss and alot of people dismissed it

Tav looks a complete shell of the player without Candieas infront of him, he doesn't know whether to stick or twist and we've clearly changed something as its Jack who drops in now when he goes forward, not the right winger. Means when Tav goes forward theres  never any space and it happened time and time against yesterday, we'd have 3 players stuck to each other in the corner.

Our squad is stronger on paper but the 1st 11 is still miles from challenging them over the 38 games.

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looks like we've recruited mainly quantity over quality in attack so far.

Not only that but we've sold Candeias and sent a few players out on loan who might be able to do a job for us.

If yesterday's showing was anything to go by then we could really do with Ryan Kent...not getting my hopes up before the window shuts tonight though.

Very concerning and alarm bells are ringing for me at this stage.

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think the support behind our strikers is weaker than last season. Despite bringing in several wingers. 

Before the window I felt we needed 3-4 first team quality players to push existing players down to squad options. I don't think we've done that. 

 

 

Our team selections shows this as well. We are more or less playi g the same team as last season minus Candeias and Kent despite bringing in quite a few players 

BlueKnight87 and HG5 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Totally agree but with this manager we will play exactly like this again this season probably many times and it will cost us points every time.

Hes a bottler , far to cautious. Thursdays game was another example and the goal in injury time saved his arse. That team on Thursday were garbage and he played the same cautious defensive shite he done yesterday.

Our main problem is the manager IMO...........

Not there with that one just yet mate

I have many doubts about him though unlike the majority of bears 

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

More depth,but we aren't a stronger side. We will struggle unless we replace the width we have lost. Arfield isn't a fucking winger,Aribo isn't a fucking winger,Ojo is a waste of a jersey,Barker has spaghetti for hamstrings,Stewart is nowhere near the level required and same with Hastie.

 

Quality over quantity he said... :sarcasm:

 

Team is practically the same as last year padded out with second rate shite.

STEPPS BOY likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...