Do we have a stronger team than last season

skinnymate1690

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We needed strikers who put the fear into them at whatever cost we do not have that now.

We had the players and firepower to beat them , Gerrard fucked it up.

That boy Kaba at Midtjylland looked an ideal partner for Morelos , probably out of our range moneywise.......

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

We had the players and firepower to beat them , Gerrard fucked it up.

That boy Kaba at Midtjylland looked an ideal partner for Morelos , probably out of our range moneywise.......

He's only just signed for them 

i think our defence is a bit stronger

our fowards is where we need fast wingers

and a six foot four centre forward.

our midfield a bit stronger.

Weaker in wide area, scoring goals will b our problem. Its been evident for a while.

Progress away 0-0

Kilmarnock 2-1 (2 set pieces)

St. Mirren 1-0 (set piece)

Both Legia games (nothing)

Yesterday (nothing)

Derby friendly (set piece)

Thats 7 games off the top of my head n arfield is the only goal from the wide areas

Take away the hibs game and we are struggling for goals

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Weaker in wide area, scoring goals will b our problem. Its been evident for a while.

Progress away 0-0

Kilmarnock 2-1 (2 set pieces)

St. Mirren 1-0 (set piece)

Both Legia games (nothing)

Yesterday (nothing)

Derby friendly (set piece)

Thats 7 games off the top of my head n arfield is the only goal from the wide areas

You have a point but we drove on and won most of those games where last season we would have been more likely to concede a winner than score one. 

Also, did you switch the legia second leg off at 90mins? We scored a winner mate 

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

You have a point but we drove on and won most of those games where last season we would have been more likely to concede a winner than score one. 

Also, did you switch the legia second leg off at 90mins? We scored a winner mate 

True, ano we did just mean we didnt look like scoring in that game same as yesterday

11 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Also a lot of us were complaining last season we were poor at set pieces and never looked like scoring the majority of the time from them 

I reckon we have a stronger midfield but a  weaker front 3. Mainly due to kents absence. My main gripe is how the squad is used. For me gerrard is way too negative. To have a middle 3 of jack/davis/kamara is just insane..not one offers any threat or drive. For most SPFL games we should be using just 1 of these guys alongside aribo and arfield. 

Gerrard even changes our style at places like aberdeen ffs. More long balls and a counter style instead of just turning and saying were Rangers get the fuck out our way. I hate comparing to the filth but its what we need to compete with. Not a fucking chance would they play brown/ntcham and another holding style CM that we do. 

I really think we have a squad that can win a cup or 2 and really push for the league and take it all the way. If they are setup proper...thats when my doubt kicks in.

With Kent back yes.

Arfield will likely stay on the right in which case will probably contribute more than Candeias, Aribo is an upgrade despite yesterday, Katic is an upgrade on Worrall who was the main partner last year and Davis has went up a level again. So has Jack tbh. 

Only problem just now is form. Kamara, Arfield and to a more recent extend Aribo have dropped off form too much. If they get back to their best we'll be in good shape. 

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

With Kent back yes.

Arfield will likely stay on the right in which case will probably contribute more than Candeias, Aribo is an upgrade despite yesterday, Katic is an upgrade on Worrall who was the main partner last year and Davis has went up a level again. So has Jack tbh. 

Only problem just now is form. Kamara, Arfield and to a more recent extend Aribo have dropped off form too much. If they get back to their best we'll be in good shape. 

We also need a link up with Tav. He's been left isolated, doing too much and his game is suffering both at the back and going forward and we miss that dimension in our play. Dare I say, Candias was the perfect foil.

Took me a long time to work that out, but nothing new there.

Sorry Tav.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We also need a link up with Tav. He's been left isolated, doing too much and his game is suffering both at the back and going forward and we miss that dimension in our play. Dare I say, Candias was the perfect foil.

Took me a long time to work that out, but nothing new there.

Sorry Tav.

It doesn't help Tav when we have no fucking out ball down the left, and leaving an inform pacy winger on the bench ffs.