Do we have a stronger team than last season

skinnymate1690

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

It doesn't help Tav when we have no fucking out ball down the left, and leaving an inform pacy winger on the bench ffs.

That's true of course, but tbh I thought most struggled to know wtf they were doing.  The shitebaggery didn't help and we simply gifted them it.

Just need to get back to basics and play to our strengths. It's all there and if Kent comes in an added bonus. We should ear no cunt in this league. Just no more fucking tinkering and get on with it. 

It’s all about points on the board and progressing in cup competitions.

As SG said yesterday, we have 4 points more on the board at this point compared to last season and we’ve qualified for the EL groups, so I don’t see an argument to suggest we are weaker.

Yes, I know we didn’t turn up yesterday.

But, if the Kent deal goes through we won’t be in bad shape.

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

It’s all about points on the board and progressing in cup competitions.

As SG said yesterday, we have 4 points more on the board at this point compared to last season and we’ve qualified for the EL groups, so I don’t see an argument to suggest we are weaker.

Yes, I know we didn’t turn up yesterday.

But, if the Kent deal goes through we won’t be in bad shape.

Tbf last season we had our worst start for well over 20 years so I would have been really surprised if we didn't have more points at this stage

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf last season we had our worst start for well over 20 years so I would have been really surprised if we didn't have more points at this stage

Fair point.  But 9 from 12 in itself isn’t a disaster.

Yesterday’s performance wasn’t good enough.  Everyone knows it.

Our squad is definitely stronger, and with Kent coming back I'd say our first 11 is also stronger.

I think most of us expected either Kent, Morelos or Tav not to be here this season, maybe even losing 2 of the 3. To have all 3 plus the additions of Aribo, Ojo, Helander, Edmundson, Jones, Hastie, Stewart (and the return of Docherty) make us stronger in depth.

In addition to the signings, Davis and Defoe have improved significantly since their arrival and there has been massive improvement in the likes of Katic and Jack. Morelos has improved both in terms of ability and his discipline too. Barasic has also looked better. If we can just get Arfield and Tav back to their levels of last season we'll be laughing.

Yesterday was awful, there can be no excuses. Everyone left themselves wide open to criticism. It just wasn't good enough on so many levels. It was one truly terrible performance. However, I still believe in this squad and the return of Kent is pretty significant IMO.

We need to come back from the international break all guns blazing.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It just wasn't good enough on so many levels.

The above re the performance ‘on the day’ just about sums things up.  Imo we are definitely stronger all over the park and in depth, nothing is won or lost at this stage of the season so as suggested let’s regroup and come back and take a grip of this league...