Hastie confirmed to Rotherham

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

There's no way you can compare league 1 to the SPL. I'd expect nothing less than him ripping ut up i n that league! Great for his confidence but doesn't mean he'll comeback a better footballer! 

Your comment suggests Hastie might not be able to cut it at SPFL level.  He already has.  Last season Hastie played less than 1000mins of league football but had 6 goals and 1 assists - That's why we signed him.  

If Hastie gets 15+ goals down there this season there will be clubs willing to pay £10m for him.  The English market is crazy and Hastie is a highly promising young player.  One could argue that we should be developing Hastie here, rather than developing Ojo for Liverpool.

Not sure if the comparing Docherty with Hastie is just a wind up :thinking: but just in case it is not then 'let me just say something here' (as our Graeme would say :happy:)  you cannot compare a central mid to a winger and expect to get a reasonable comparison after coming back from a years loan IMO. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Your comment suggests Hastie might not be able to cut it at SPFL level.  He already has.  Last season Hastie played less than 1000mins of league football but had 6 goals and 1 assists - That's why we signed him.  

If Hastie gets 15+ goals down there this season there will be clubs willing to pay £10m for him.  The English market is crazy and Hastie is a highly promising young player.  One could argue that we should be developing Hastie here, rather than developing Ojo for Liverpool.

Think you've misinterpreted my post mate. By saying I'd expect him to rip it up down there, I'm meaning that, as a player who has done pretty well in a brief spell up here already, I'd expect nothing less than him going down there and impressing! 

I'm simply meaning that I can't see him upping his game down there and won't walk into out squad when he comes back. A loan to a champioteam might have worked better in that respect!

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

You genuinely think if Hastie scores 15 goals this season that clubs would be offering us 10million quid.....dear oh dear I know the English market is a good bit volatile but I think you are miles out with that assessment 

Just now, hammer93 said:

You genuinely think if Hastie scores 15 goals this season that clubs would be offering us 10million quid.....dear oh dear I know the English market is a good bit volatile but I think you are miles out with that assessment 

We got Aribo for a developmental fee.  Had he been under contract at Charlton they would've wanted at least £5m.  Attacking players who score 15 plus a season from wide areas are worth a lot of money and if Hastie has an outstanding season down there I could easily see someone trying to buy him for something in the region of £10m.  £10m is big money up here but it really isn't down there.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

We got Aribo for a developmental fee.  Had he been under contract at Charlton they would've wanted at least £5m.  Attacking players who score 15 plus a season from wide areas are worth a lot of money and if Hastie has an outstanding season down there I could easily see someone trying to buy him for something in the region of £10m.  £10m is big money up here but it really isn't down there.

Trust me their is no way we are getting 10million for Hastie even if he scores 20 goals, he will still be looked at as a 19yr old Scottish kid, christ the most we supposedly have been offered for tav is 3million from west brom 

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Trust me their is no way we are getting 10million for Hastie even if he scores 20 goals, he will still be looked at as a 19yr old Scottish kid, christ the most we supposedly have been offered for tav is 3million from west brom 

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.  If Hastie played for us this season and scored 15 goals teams from down South would dismiss it because they think Scotland is a pub league.  If he does it down South they will take it a lot more seriously, even if it's League 1.  

Due to his age (just turned 20) an EPL side might buy him just to throw in their developmental team.  They pay £10m just for potential down there.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.  If Hastie played for us this season and scored 15 goals teams from down South would dismiss it because they think Scotland is a pub league.  If he does it down South they will take it a lot more seriously, even if it's League 1.  

Due to his age (just turned 20) an EPL side might buy him just to throw in their developmental team.  They pay £10m just for potential down there.

The record fee for a league 1 player is 8.5million for Fabian delph 10yrs ago....yip 10yrs ago and nobody has paid 10million for a player from league 1....other notable names delle alli 5million, Harry McGuire 3million, Will Grigg (remember his 30goals) 3million, trust me mate the English market is nuts but it ain't that nuts.

Archived