Hastie confirmed to Rotherham

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually quite like him. He has distinctive running power and is very athletic for his size as a winger. 

Kinda reminds me of Yarmolenko at West Ham. Before a get shot down in flames just in terms of his stature, size and skill as a winger. 

Would’ve rather we developed our own player than Ojo who looks totally disinterested 

If we all had the opinion that someone wasn't good enough after a few games then players like Goram and Ricksen would've been punted straight away and look how that turned out. 

These guys are young and get slaughtered far too easily. We all complained about fat ally not playing the youths and building a young squad when we 1st dropped down but fuck me he's done these young guys a favour. 

50 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He looked like he was trying far too hard when he played for us..always going for the more ambitious pass etc than keeping it simple 

Yeah I agree. Trying too hard, taking on runs that were never on and ending up down blind alleys and giving it away. He needs a bit of experience, he only really had half a season at Motherwell aside from Scottish lower league experience. Even his chances at Motherwell were curtailed when he announced his move to us.

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So it’s safe to say that we can add Hastie to the list of players that TMB will defend to the death. You’ve got to give it to him, when he rates a player he goes all in :lol:

I'm just not willing to write off a young guy who has just turned 20 as being "dug shite".  Hastie has a great goal return since turning pro, he can play either wing, he could be one of our brightest young prospects.  I don't get the negativity on here at times.

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Would’ve rather we developed our own player than Ojo who looks totally disinterested 

This is the most frustrating aspect of it for me.  We have a promising young RW in Hastie and he should be developing here at Rangers.  We know Hastie can score goals in this league, he did it last year at just 19 years of age.  Instead, we're trying to develop Liverpool's youngster who plays every game as if it were a training match.  I'm sure Ojo has talent but he seriously needs to up the intensity and workrate.  

9 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I think people are meaning , plenty of folk thought Docherty was coming back from Shrewsbury a much improved first team starter where in the cold light of day he’s back no better and can’t get in the squad , so let’s calm the beans with hasties form down there 

I understand that but I still think Hastie could be a better player than many think, but of course I could also be wrong.

Docherty plays in an area where we are strong in numbers and he will struggle to get much game time. To be honest I am not sure if Hastie and Docherty would not have contributed as much as Aribo and Ojo in the game on Sat. 

I should add I hope both Aribo and Ojo play well on Thursday night (if they are in the team), I like the lads but their play has been really poor in some of our recent games IMO.

Docherty will never make it as a midfielder in a Gerrard team. He doesn't have the touch or passing range. He's a cracking athlete, powerful runner, likes a tackle. He should either move to a club where his talents are suited in midfield or retrain as a right wing back. He has the attributes to play there. Tin hat on and all that shite 

41 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'm just not willing to write off a young guy who has just turned 20 as being "dug shite".  Hastie has a great goal return since turning pro, he can play either wing, he could be one of our brightest young prospects.  I don't get the negativity on here at times.

He's no Haris Vuckic that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's no Haris Vuckic that's for sure.

Hastie should be judged on his own merits.  He could be another Ryan Fraser for all we know.  Most on this thread haven’t even seen him but are ready to write him off as “dug shite”.  

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

League 1 sides in England are just as good as the hammer throwers that make up the bottom 6 in our league.

If Hastie carries on and has a good loan year then there might be a role for him next season.

Some of them are a fair bit better than 80% of the teams in our league.

I know, why don't we sign some young players that show real potential, develop them properly instead of chucking them in the first team every week and expecting them to be the new Ronaldo, farm them out on loan and keep a keen eye on their development and introduce them to the first team in a season or two when they are bigger, stronger and fitter and hopefully more acomplished.  Then, they can be called all the names under the sun and be declared utter dug shite by our own fans on social media just to give them that added boost of confidence.

Or if they aren't good enough, sell them on for a profit to a lower league English Club which has more money than all our league clubs put together and our supporters can spout off about how they knew they we're never good enough.

I think it might take off.

:headwall:

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd imagine most folk have gut idea of how it'll pan out. Not particularly educated a guess or fair, but it's only natural.

Out of interest, how many times you seen him in the flesh? 

wrong forum though some of our Taig lurkers may have

5 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

:lol:

How is that laughable.  When Ryan Fraser broke through at Aberdeen he played about 1000mins of league football (same as Hastie last season) and scored 1 goal with 6 assists.  Fraser then went to a league 1 club and worked his way up the divisions.

I actually think Hastie and Fraser have similar styles of play.  It’s exciting as a fan to have this lad here and I look forward to watching him develop.  Let’s not forget, Hastie’s agent was trying to get him a move down South but Hastie fought to sign for Rangers.  He wanted to be our player.  

Just now, TMB said:

How is that laughable.  When Ryan Fraser broke through at Aberdeen he played about 1000mins of league football (same as Hastie last season) and scored 1 goal with 6 assists.  Fraser then went to a league 1 club and worked his way up the divisions.

I actually think Hastie and Fraser have similar styles of play.  It’s exciting as a fan to have this lad here and I look forward to watching him develop.  Let’s not forget, Hastie’s agent was trying to get him a move down South but Hastie fought to sign for Rangers.  He wanted to be our player.  

I just found it funny that you said he should be judged on his own merits but then your next sentence was "he could be the next..." That's all.

I think he could turn out to be a player for us. Clearly I don't rate him as highly as you do but there's potential there. I don't think loaning him out this season was a bad move though regardless of how well he does for Rotherham. He would have struggled for game time with us this season.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I just found it funny that you said he should be judged on his own merits but then your next sentence was "he could be the next..." That's all.

I think he could turn out to be a player for us. Clearly I don't rate him as highly as you do but there's potential there. I don't think loaning him out this season was a bad move though regardless of how well he does for Rotherham. He would have struggled for game time with us this season.

We should judge him on his own merits.  He could be shite, or quality.  We don’t know.  It’s too early but the signs are very promising don’t you agree?  

I think due to Ojo his game time would’ve been limited.  I don’t agree with it in all honesty.  Ojo probably has something in his contract whereby he has to play.  Even if that’s not the case, I don’t see why we’re developing someone else’s plays when we have our own.

On 17/09/2019 at 21:30, CoatbridgeBear said:

Hastie>Ojo

On 17/09/2019 at 21:58, bluenoz said:

Something tells me you may be eating your words these last few days in about 48hrs time.

On 17/09/2019 at 22:20, CoatbridgeBear said:

What ye suggesting ?

On 17/09/2019 at 22:38, bluenoz said:

That he might score on Thursday. He is more than capable of doing that. Anyway, this is a Hastie thread. You mentioned Ojo in the Murphy one as well.

👀

• 1 month later...

Archived