Over reaction (1 game)

billythebear1986

Did we get this upset when we got beat at Livingston last season? Or the two killie games? It obviously hurts but even during our nine in a row era we lost games! During Walters second stint we lost games. The game didn’t pan out to plan but it’s just one game which flattered them immensely. It’s all ifs and buts if we hadn’t made the mistake they probably wouldn’t have scored. The second goal was because we were chasing the equaliser. This is the same players that just got us to the europa league again.  I think we are throwing in the towel too early with the announcement of Kent today we can dust ourselves and get back behind the team. Gerrard is a promising manager but is still learning. He will make mistakes and we will lose games but so will they. Anyway onwards and upwards  

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

To be fair there have already been a few threads saying this same thing.

Can we not make a thread about Ryan Kent? Now that I would love to see

he's not coming till the sale of Morelos is confirmed.

After the feeling you had leaving Ibrox on Thursday, to turn upto see that on Sunday, then there is no wonder why the reaction has been what it is.

First time in a longtime we were favourites, and i seriously thought we could keep a clean sheet and score a few.

19 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Its almost like people can't grasp the fact it's not the 3 points people are raging about, its the absolutely inept performance which has got people's backs up and rightly so.

Spot on mate we can forgive the dropping of points. It's the manner of how we dropped them that is irking everyone me included.

35 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

If we had won 2-0 we would have multiple threads celebrating 55 and the demise of celtic.

We lost, put it to bed and lets not over react.   

Over reaction on RM --- never happens  -- most well balanced forum on the whole world wide web 

The high of qualifying for Europe days before made the fall back down that much worse. It wasn’t necessarily the result, but how it happened. 

Players weren’t up for it. Manager wasn’t up for it. Disappointing all around. 

Hopefully this provides a lesson and reminder for future games. 

They drew 6 and lost 5 last year with a better squad.  Although Sunday was a major disappointment if we follow it with great league form going into the next of we still stand a good chance off the league. Up until that game we’ve looked absolutely solid and I think that’s where the disappointment comes from more than anything. The goals came from two mistakes and our tactics were all wrong. They didn’t come and outplay us at all. It’s make or break time now for Gerrard.  Although he’s a rookie manager still he did decide to take the job on, and the tactics in some big game haven’t hit the mark. But there isn’t a man I feel more confident in taking us forward and the feel good factor brought back by him is notable. Time to turn into silverware.

9 hours ago, dave7867 said:

when 6+ plus players dont turn up thats the problem.

Yep, that only served to magnify the curious selection as the formation was pretty much the same as every other game we have played this season.

Had the players turned up we’d probably be praising Gerrard as a genius.

We’ve had two league matches under Gerrard where we’ve had the chance to put serious pressure on them - Kilmarnock and celtic. On both occasions he changed things and we lost. While players haven’t performed, we just about all knew the team and formation was wrong on Sunday before the match even started.

While it is only three points, and we still have a decent chance of winning the league, it’s a case of what could have been, and what should have been.

We should have been three clear - at the top for the first time in years, puting then under pressure they haven’t seen in years, and pressure they may not be able to handle. Instead......

I was fucking raging in January, I was fucking raging on Sunday, and still am.