What Should Be the Line-Up for Coming Games?

BearInTheToon

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

It's all about opinions mate so, fair play.Ā  But I really think 352 is totally unnecessary in our league.Ā  It means an extra body at the back when most teams play just one up front.Ā  And for the more physical, faster teams, they'd pinned our wingbacks back and double up on them at times.Ā  I think we just need to get better at playing/find the perfect combination of players to play 433 which for me is a better option than even 4231, which can leave the midfield being overrun when even average teams pack that area.

Aye i think the 3 is unnecessary for our home gamesĀ aswell,Ā but away n in europe it would work n give tav a license to stay up the park a bit. But tbh we have 3 at the back if flanagan plays left back.Ā 

3 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Our squad and players are so suited to a 352. But for some reason it doesnt work or we just havent gave it time cause we dont have it.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Mcgregor

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Goldson Katic Helander

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Davis

Ā  Ā  TavernierĀ  Ā JackĀ  Ā AriboĀ  Ā  KentĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  MorelosĀ  Defoe

Ā 

Subs. Fods, edmundson, kamara, barisic, ArfieldĀ  Ojo

Ā 

Get this so far in the bin šŸ„“

7 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

This should be the team but Helander will play ahead of George.

Everyone going way over the top on Aribo. Heā€™s had a quiet few games in middle of the park but was hung out to dry out left on Sunday. The boy is a player and will be a mainstay in that midfield.

Boy's played a lot of games in a short period.Ā  Mentally draining as well.Ā  For me the international break just what he, and Arfield, need.

We need to go back to the 4-3-3. Ā I would give Helander an opportunity at the back next to Katic. Ā Goldson made a big mistake against celtic and the big Swede deserves a chance to prove himself now.

Davis, Aribo, and Jack seem to be our strongest midfield three. Ā Although I would like to see us drop the holding midfielder and give King a go in a number 10 role. Ā 

Kent and Morelos as part of the front three is a given. Ā Itā€™s up to Ojo and Arfield to fight it out for that RW position.

Goldson dropped and arfield moved into a middle 3 with aribo and jack/davis. Ojo on right which is clearly is best position. Im fed up with us having zero threat from the middle of our park.Ā  Gerrard shows way too much caution vs some teams. They smelly tramps show fuck all vs anyone.Ā 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rotating our CF's is not going to work. We need to stick to one, at least for three or four games. I think we know which one that is. If we are winning comfortable then I wouldn't mind seeing how it works with both of them.

Agree we should stick with the player who's scored the most goals in the league this season, we all know who that is.

15 minutes ago, Rusty117 said:

Goldson dropped and arfield moved into a middle 3 with aribo and jack/davis. Ojo on right which is clearly is best position. Im fed up with us having zero threat from the middle of our park.Ā  Gerrard shows way too much caution vs some teams. They smelly tramps show fuck all vs anyone.Ā 

I honestly cant see Goldson and Katic getting split up.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Rotating our CF's is not going to work. We need to stick to one, at least for three or four games. I think we know which one that is. If we are winning comfortable then I wouldn't mind seeing how it works with both of them.

Couldn't agree more, I honestly can't believe there is even an argument about this. We should play our best player every single game.

Morelos has to start - not really anything else to discuss.Ā 

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyļ»æArse said:

As it stands, for our next game which is Livingston at home a week on Sat, I'd go:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  McGregorĀ 

TavĀ  Edmundson Katic Barisic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Jack Davis

Ojo.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Arfield.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Kent

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Morelos

Widemen stretching play both forward and wide, Arfield playing closer to Morelos. Jack and Davis rotating positions and roles as they have been but not in any way both holding. Full backs both offering attacking support.

There's goals in that team.

This but id be inclined to drop tav for flanagan for a couple of games, make him buck up his ideas as he's been average at best this seasonĀ 

McGregorĀ 

TavĀ Katic Edmundson Flanagan

Jack Davis Aribo

Arfield MorelosĀ Kent

With the little action Iā€™ve seen of him, Edmundsonā€™s distribution from the back looks better than what we have. Big weakness of ours. Helander looks lightweight considering his size.Ā Flanagan is the best of a bad bunch. PeopleĀ saying Barisic would offer more getting to the bye-lineĀ clearly havenā€™tĀ watched him recently.Ā 

Plenty creativity in that midfield with Kamara pushing for a start too. Canā€™t give up on the wee man yet.

Arfield looks rusty but after a couple of games rest (for OfuckingJo)Ā bring him back for his experience, weight of passĀ and footballing brain. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent is an obvious starter but him and Morelos canā€™t do it all by themselves.

Aribo and Arfield need to start producing inĀ the games that matter.

Not entirely sure about Ojo tbh.

Agreed. Arfield looks shattered and needs rested for at least aĀ couple of weeks. Aribo needs to Ā work harder at getting involved althoughĀ Ā there were a couple of promising moments from him on Sunday.

Ojo is a worry for me. More Ejaria than Kent IMO.

Also surprised how much we miss Candeias.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I'd actually play Morelos for this game but not in the formation we played Defoe as he never got the ball, tactics were all wrong not the personnel.

Smile, you have made negative comments about our most valued asset for two years. I read your comments only recently on the other thread. You embarrass yourself with your disdain for Morelos. And please don't try to grovel and defend him now,Ā Ā there is two years of evidence to the contrary.Ā