Any singer/guitarists

WBD

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Itā€™s the overly aggressive Scottish accent that does me. Everything we do has it from the video they play on the Ibrox tours to songs to the voiceover for the new kit launch.Ā 

Aye šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Should getĀ musically talented fans to record the match day songs, mind that time Rangers brought out that version of every other Saturday trying to make it sound like 500 miles from the proclaimers šŸ˜©

The new 4LHAD is a shambles anaw.

On 05/09/2019 at 13:29, Spectre said:

šŸ˜I'm not bad but probably not good enough to justify the seven I ownĀ 

Aye I've got like 6 and I have absolutely no need for all of them and no room for them šŸ˜‚ come to think of it I've bought another 2 since I came to the states so I've got 8 now and a bass and a ukulele šŸ˜‚ might have to do a clear out when I get home

5 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Fender twin reverb (60s) and a pedal board. Thatll do me and my Gibsons :)

Iā€™ve got a silver-face twin, but I prefer the Vox AC 15Ā just now. The twinĀ hisses a bit too much.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The old recordings with the accordion bands are the best by far. Obviously doesn't apply to 4LHAD. Although anything of that is better than the Bobby Parks version :lol:Ā 

Ā 

Should be played at Ibrox imo.Ā 

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Iā€™ve got a silver-face twin, but I prefer the Vox AC 15Ā just now. The twinĀ hisses a bit too much.

Mine is like brand new. Got it from a guy who has really looked after it. Everything original on it.

Ā 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Mine is like brand new. Got it from a guy who has really looked after it. Everything original on it.

Ā 

I got mine from my uncle whoā€™s also a musician. He bought it decades ago, was being sold in a second-hand shop as faulty.

He bought it for... wait for it... Ā£50

All that was wrong with it was one of the tubes had blown.Ā 

Since then itā€™s been gigged a hell of a lot by my uncle, then by me. Itā€™s needing some TLC now to get it back to its best, but I donā€™t have the time.
Ā 

Ā 

19 minutes ago, Swally said:

I got mine from my uncle whoā€™s also a musician. He bought it decades ago, was being sold in a second-hand shop as faulty.

He bought it for... wait for it... Ā£50

All that was wrong with it was one of the tubes had blown.Ā 

Since then itā€™s been gigged a hell of a lot by my uncle, then by me. Itā€™s needing some TLC now to get it back to its best, but I donā€™t have the time.
Ā 

Ā 

They are amazing things.. I got mine from a guy selling the amp and a Gibson SG (60s-70s) for a combined 1000 pounds. Both are in pristine nick... like new. Amazing.

50 quid is robbery, even if it needs repairs!!

29 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They are amazing things.. I got mine from a guy selling the amp and a Gibson SG (60s-70s) for a combined 1000 pounds. Both are in pristine nick... like new. Amazing.

50 quid is robbery, even if it needs repairs!!

Thatā€™s a greatĀ buy, Iā€™d like an SG but Iā€™d just be being greedy. I have a les Paul but I donā€™t play it a lot. The neck just feels massive, I use it for some things but I guess Iā€™m just a Fender guy at heart.

My pride and joy is a Deluxe strat (when the USA Duluxe model was the high end model and not the cheap version being sold today)

Its HSS, metallic black with pearl inlays and I use it all the time. Can get a huge amount of sounds from it. Ā Amazing guitar.

7 minutes ago, Swally said:

Thatā€™s a greatĀ buy, Iā€™d like an SG but Iā€™d just be being greedy. I have a les Paul but I donā€™t play it a lot. The neck just feels massive, I use it for some things but I guess Iā€™m just a Fender guy at heart.

My pride and joy is a Deluxe strat (when the USA Duluxe model was the high end model and not the cheap version being sold today)

Its HSS, metallic black with pearl inlays and I use it all the time. Can get a huge amount of sounds from it. Ā Amazing guitar.

Ive got 3 SGs haha. 2 Gibsons and an Epiphone :D Love Strats.. amazing sounding guitars and so easy to play!

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Ive got 3 SGs haha. 2 Gibsons and an Epiphone :D Love Strats.. amazing sounding guitars and so easy to play!

Lol 3? Why do you have that many?

My first ever guitar was a cherry sunburst epiphone. Wish I never sold it tbh, even if it was just for the memories. Good bang for buck and I thought it looked pretty cool too.

17 hours ago, Willis said:

Aye I've got like 6 and I have absolutely no need for all of them and no room for them šŸ˜‚ come to think of it I've bought another 2 since I came to the states so I've got 8 now and a bass and a ukulele šŸ˜‚ might have to do a clear out when I get home

A Ukulele? šŸ˜‚

Fuck you got that for? Does it have plastic or metal strings on it?

12 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Depends on what version you have. Got a pal who paid Ā£3k for the white one, plays like a piece of shit. The strings are really far from the fretboard.Ā  My other pal has one that cost Ā£200 and it's probably the best guitar I've ever played.Ā Ā 

My girlfriends dad is decent musically. He can play accordion, harmonica and guitar.Ā 

He gave me a shot of his Gibson acoustic then asked if I wanted to try his parters dad's old guitar.Ā 

So he comes downstairs with this:

https://equipboard.com/items/1958-hofner-president-acoustic-archtop

Thing stills plays/sounds amazing for a 60 year old guitar.Ā 

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

A Ukulele? šŸ˜‚

Fuck you got that for? Does it have plastic or metal strings on it?

Ukuleles a great wee instrument to learn, it's small and light you can just sit anywhere and play it and if they have decent strings even a cheap one can sound nice and it's quiet enough that I can play when the Mrs or the weans are asleep or take it out with me instead of lugging a guitar up the hills for a bevvy šŸ˜‚

The strings are some kind of nylon I can't remember the brand but I just asked the guy in the shop for the best ukulele string they had, that was a couple years ago and I still have the same strings on it

The one I have i originally bought for my daughter trying to teach her that since she was too small for a guitar, it's just a cheap 30 quid one with a Union jack on it but plays and sounds good enough for me but I'm planning on upgrading to a mahogany one at some point

If you can play guitar you can play ukulele pretty much, it's just different chord shapes but it's simple to learn and only 4 strings.

7 hours ago, aird said:

My girlfriends dad is decent musically. He can play accordion, harmonica and guitar.Ā 

He gave me a shot of his Gibson acoustic then asked if I wanted to try his parters dad's old guitar.Ā 

So he comes downstairs with this:

https://equipboard.com/items/1958-hofner-president-acoustic-archtop

Thing stills plays/sounds amazing for a 60 year old guitar.Ā 

I've played a $3500 Martin guitar on two occasions and part of me wishes I'd never played it cause it makes cheap guitars feel like toys, and I know I'm probably never going to be able to afford to buy oneĀ 

Archived