Any singer/guitarists

7 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Got an Ernie Ball cutlass and love it together with my Marshall G30r  amp and small pedal board(looper,delay,fuzz,overdrive,heavy distortion and EQ) sounds great

As far as digital i've got guitar rig 10 and fucking hate it,it lags a tiny bit so you always feel like your tempo is slowing down :confused:.Fucked about with on and off for years and cant get it right.

The new guitar rig doesn't have that problem,  are you using the correct low latency drivers to cut down the delay? Sometimes the wrong drivers are defaulted and you'll always get a delay. If they are right it might be worth reducing the buffer sizes or trying ASIO4all drivers.

I have the new guitar rig, but I'm not keen on it, saw a big change when I started using Bias amp and FXs.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck off 

The poster born a blue nose plays the guitar and was saying recently that he was looking to start performing again- not sure if this is the type of thing he was looking for tbh but maybe send him a PM

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Swally said:

The new guitar rig doesn't have that problem,  are you using the correct low latency drivers to cut down the delay? Sometimes the wrong drivers are defaulted and you'll always get a delay. If they are right it might be worth reducing the buffer sizes or trying ASIO4all drivers.

I have the new guitar rig, but I'm not keen on it, saw a big change when I started using Bias amp and FXs.

Aye i've got the asio4all drivers installed and it still lags,it's only a tiny amount but it fucks with your head if you try and play with it.Got it on a good quality laptop hooked up to my surround sound for the tv (maybe that's the problem)but i've been toying with getting a high spec desk top and trying a different software cause it is something that i want to get into

Swally likes this
1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Aye i've got the asio4all drivers installed and it still lags,it's only a tiny amount but it fucks with your head if you try and play with it.Got it on a good quality laptop hooked up to my surround sound for the tv (maybe that's the problem)but i've been toying with getting a high spec desk top and trying a different software cause it is something that i want to get into

There is a delay inherent in HDMI which you wont be able rid yourself of, if that's the way you've connected it up to your laptop. You have to remember that laptops, tvs etc are not actually built for fast audio processing. 

Even with the right equipment you can still have problems because of the way computers treat audio.

If you're interested in recording, you're better getting a USB interface, the cheapest being around 20 quid, but then you'd need to bring your guitar up to line level.

It all depends on what you're  wanting to do and whether it's worth it to you.

My soundcard cost a lot more than that, but i started out with lots of different interfaces.

cascadeshrimp likes this
4 hours ago, Swally said:

Doesn't happen, I play 5  instruments. 

I'll even give you a great example of why it doesn't matter at all. 

I can touch type in english, and I wanted to learn russian and thought it would speed things up if I learned to touch type in Russian.  I also didn't want to attach a russian keyboard to my laptop or stick russian stickers to my keys.

kbd_russian.gif

I had a fear this would  fuck up my ability to touch type in English, especially when there are sometimes the same letters on the russian and english keyboards but they're in different positions. Examples being O A E H. 

This didn't happen, and although I'm still very basic regarding my russian, I can touch type in russian and it's helping me learn the language.

My brain goes into a russian typing mode, then a couple of seconds later I start touch typing in english.

Same with playing uke and guitar, you just go into a different mode when you pick up the other instrument.

You might have some teething problems but they are very short lasting.

That's quite a good way if explaining it 👍

The C chord shape is different on a guitar than a Uke but when I'm playing ukulele I never accidentally play a Guitar C shape. It feels totally different when your playing a Uke than a guitar, even if the C chord WAS the same shape for both the fact the ukulele is so much smaller the shape still would be different enough due to the size of the instrument

Swally likes this
1 hour ago, Swally said:

There is a delay inherent in HDMI which you wont be able rid yourself of, if that's the way you've connected it up to your laptop. You have to remember that laptops, tvs etc are not actually built for fast audio processing. 

Even with the right equipment you can still have problems because of the way computers treat audio.

If you're interested in recording, you're better getting a USB interface, the cheapest being around 20 quid, but then you'd need to bring your guitar up to line level.

It all depends on what you're  wanting to do and whether it's worth it to you.

My soundcard cost a lot more than that, but i started out with lots of different interfaces.

I didn't know that and it explains a lot.

I've been banging my head off the wall trying to get it to work :rofl:

Thanks mate :tu:

Swally likes this
3 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I didn't know that and it explains a lot.

I've been banging my head off the wall trying to get it to work :rofl:

Thanks mate :tu:

If you want a wee hand with anything like that just send me a PM mate, happy to help. I'm going to be selling some stuff soon because I've got too much, if I come across an interface I no longer need I'll give you a wee shout.

• 3 months later...

Anyone owned or played a Jackson Dinky?

Thinking of getting one cause they're cheap at the moment, can get one for about $200, I've been playing a lot more recently and been playing a lot more metal based stuff, so want a guitar that suits that style rather than the fender squier I'm using atm

That said I don't know anything about these guitars really, and I might just wait a bit and get something a bit more expensive

The problem I have is I fucking hate playing in guitar shops or in front of people I don't know well, I go into guitar shops and want to try out loads of guitars but then I get nervous and forget how to play every song I've ever learned 😂 

Anyone got any recommendations for a guitar for mostly metal for around 500 quid or less? And I don't want a seven string 

21 minutes ago, Willis said:

Thinking of getting one cause they're cheap at the moment, can get one for about $200, I've been playing a lot more recently and been playing a lot more metal based stuff, so want a guitar that suits that style rather than the fender squier I'm using atm

That said I don't know anything about these guitars really, and I might just wait a bit and get something a bit more expensive

The problem I have is I fucking hate playing in guitar shops or in front of people I don't know well, I go into guitar shops and want to try out loads of guitars but then I get nervous and forget how to play every song I've ever learned 😂 

Anyone got any recommendations for a guitar for mostly metal for around 500 quid or less? And I don't want a seven string 

I bought a Mustang cheap and it plays similar to my £1500 telecaster. 

Actually a while ago was considering a Kramer VT211. Apparently they are excellent bang for buck. Only costs around £120. Should check the videos on YouTube.

Willis likes this
5 hours ago, Willis said:

Not my bag but I'd be looking at ESP/Ltd for that sort of tone and price. 

If it was me though, for a notch more, but under £600, you could get in to the Player Series by Fender which in my view are the best bang for buck guitars on the market. 

The pickups on the Player series are a bit hotter than traditional Fender tones so if you got say a double humbucker Telecaster and some pedals you would get a decent range of heavy tones. It's not going to be as heavy as going down a Jackson / ESP / Kramer type route but unless you intend to just play chugging metal riffs non stop, the benefit of the Player series Fenders is you have a high quality classic guitar with the Fender logo on the headstock, it will be flexible enough to get decent tones for other genres and you would likely never feel a need to trade or sell it as your playing and collection progresses. A bonus is the necks on that series are nice and modern plus have a super comfortable satin finish on the back which is great for more casual players. 

I own a bunch of high end Fenders and Gibsons amongst other guitars and I have to say I reach for the entry level Player series Fender Strat that I have more than any other. Just ahs great tone and feel and I don't feel like I need to treat it carefully. 

11 hours ago, Willis said:

If you are looking for something around the 500 pound mark and don't  require a Floyd then the PRS SE Standard guitars are worth a look, will handle Metal easily and any other style. If you want to use it just for Metal you can even see if you can pick up one second hand and install hotter pickups.

11 hours ago, Willis said:

ESP 256 :thumbsup: Basically a Les Paul Standard copy, pick them up for £200 or so used (just under £400 new).