Jump to content

Europa Squad


GersInCanada

Recommended Posts

Jones, Docherty and Polster the notable absentees there?

Jones with a mixture of injury and punishment perhaps, though probably just injury being the reason. Barker must not be out for too long if included in the squad.

Strong squad on paper now. Time to step up and play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Aye but it means he'll likely play Thursday/Sunday at least 3 times.

Two out of the three games after the first three EL games are at Ibrox against poor opposition, wouldn’t be surprised to see Barker get a chance in those matches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Two out of the three games after the first three EL games are at Ibrox against poor opposition, wouldn’t be surprised to see Barker get a chance in those matches.

There’s no poor opposition in our group and certainly nobody we should be playing Barker against ffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marky. said:

Jones, Docherty and Polster the notable absentees there?

Jones with a mixture of injury and punishment perhaps, though probably just injury being the reason. Barker must not be out for too long if included in the squad.

Strong squad on paper now. Time to step up and play.

Punishment would be a fucking stupid reason not to include jones.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not following the reasoning behind this list.   Why no Polster or Docherty (or Jones for that matter unless the injury really is going to keep him out of the European games), but it includes Flanagan who I'd understood was also injured again and undergone an op.     There looks to be a lot of 15-17 year olds included who are never ever in their wildest imagination going to see any first team football this season never mind in European games.     It seems to be an odd list to have published.   And I thought Zak Rudden is now at Plymouth so how can he be listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Punishment would be a fucking stupid reason not to include jones.

 

Manager said he’s got a lot to do to get back into the team. Granted the first is to get fit, but Flanagan and Barker made it despite injuries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Manager said he’s got a lot to do to get back into the team. Granted the first is to get fit, but Flanagan and Barker made it despite injuries.

Gerrard would be a very silly man if he damaged the teams prospects because he had the hump with a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Punishment would be a fucking stupid reason not to include jones.

 

 

Surely you man manage Jones and help him learn from the mistake rather than continue to punish him?

As a player Gerrard came on overly hyped up and got himself sent off within a minute in a Man Utd Liverpool game even though he was vastly experienced and he had probably played in 30-40 of those games by that point. It happens.

The boy made a daft mistake that will cost him a couple of months of his career, he will have had had the hairdryer and probably a fine but that should be the end of it.

Anything else would be bad management from Gerrard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

He must have seriously fucked Gerrard off 

For him to not bite the bullet and at least try to make him part of the squad now that he hasn’t left Zidane/Bale style his attitude must be absolutely shocking. I did think there were flashes of a player from him as well at times so for us just to have completely given up on him he must’ve done/said something pretty serious 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'm not following the reasoning behind this list.   Why no Polster or Docherty (or Jones for that matter unless the injury really is going to keep him out of the European games), but it includes Flanagan who I'd understood was also injured again and undergone an op.     There looks to be a lot of 15-17 year olds included who are never ever in their wildest imagination going to see any first team football this season never mind in European games.     It seems to be an odd list to have published.   And I thought Zak Rudden is now at Plymouth so how can he be listed.

This might explain it https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/amp/newsid=2568290.html

The youngsters will all be classed as B squad.

We might not have 25 places available for the A squad if we don't have enough home grown players, maybe Jones has missed out as he's not expected to be fit until the last game or two

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 09 December 2023 15:00 Until 17:00
      0  
      Rangers v Dundee
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...