Jorg Albertz....

beararse

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I honestly don't think i've seen another player like Albertz.

Of course there are better players but his style is so unique. How many midfielders have you seen with that left foot hammer ability, and to do it so consistently as well! A player who when he is within 40 yards of goal there is a buzz around the stadium. Struggling to think of anyone who is similar to him?

Gerrard (albeit right footed)?

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

He could fairly rifle a baw so he could, his goal at ibrox against scum is one of my all time favourites, hardest hit iv ever seen on a football pitch, and a great footballer too, imagine having him now.

Also knocked lambert's teeth out, what a man. 

It was hard mate, but still not as hard as this bad boy imo. 😁

6 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

It was hard mate, but still not as hard as this bad boy imo. 😁

Davie's goal was outstanding and it was one that crossed my mind when making my earlier comment but I wasn't there that day, so would still have to go for the hammer. 

37 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Davie's goal was outstanding and it was one that crossed my mind when making my earlier comment but I wasn't there that day, so would still have to go for the hammer. 

Yeah, fair enough mate. I was lucky enough to have been at both, so always hard to choose. 👍

As someone said earlier he was almost truly unique as a player. only similar player I can think of was Juninho (the real one from Lyon) 

Anytime Juninho crossed the half way line and the opposition gave him space you were concerned for them and like Albertz his free kicks were out of this world. Really struggle to think of any players who carried a similar threat to those 2 from distance.

At the same time we were blessed with the best version of Van Bronckhorst who also had a very decent long range ping and free kick on him when playing in our midfield

A bunch of us went to his debut match when he signed for Clyde. Ended up scoring a free kick :lol: 

There was also a bonkers pre-season game Rangers played at Broadwood just after we brought Miller back (the first time). Clyde had Albertz, Numan, and Laudrup playing; and we won1-0 after a shot from distance skelpted Novo on the arse and went in :lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

He scored 58 league goals in 156 games a goal every 2.6 games from midfield.....you don't get many of them nowadays for 4million quid

Anyone know his overall record as wiki only gives league appearances and goals?

Under club stats, should have them all. 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

He scored 58 league goals in 156 games a goal every 2.6 games from midfield.....you don't get many of them nowadays for 4million quid

Anyone know his overall record as wiki only gives league appearances and goals?

Pretty sure his overall was 88 goals exactly or around the 80 mark at least, I had these wee Rangers trump cards growing up that's what I remember it from hahah