Mark Allen has left the club

Sparkle

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foundations have been excavated and poured , the bricks are now up to dpc level, the groundwork is now completed so if we are to replace him the job is much easier now than when he was first employed, a good head start for the new person.

Good luck to him. He seems to have done a pretty decent job during a period of high turnover of players. We seem to be in a better place on the park and in terms of recruitment.  He also played a significant role in bringing in Gerrard.

That said I'm sure we'll survive without him and i'm sure he can be replaced if we continue down that route.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes they have but backing a donkey is still backing a donkey. 

Without a DOF I honestly fear for the future. 

Horse for courses.  A good coach may like someone else to pick players. Another one may want control of recruits to achieve a goal they have. Isn't good scouting the only thing required by both models?

The statement reads like he's moving on elsewhere but maybe that's how they want it to read.

Regardless, I think we are structurally far better off than before he arrived, and that obviously remains in place. Not sure how much hand he had in our signings but that record isn't the best.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

She is a lot better at running the business side of a football club than that muppet we have at the moment. 

Shes not a director of fitba though is she??

Unless as shes no a tarrier then get Robertson...anybody...everybody part from prods to fk...

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Horse for courses.  A good coach may like someone else to pick players. Another one may want control of recruits to achieve a goal they have. Isn't good scouting the only thing required by both models?

We are going off on the same old debate about DOF picking the signings and the manager has no say. 

Which didn’t happen at Rangers and won’t going forward. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

According to some of the more reliable FF insiders...

- King was instrumental in bringing in Gerrard, more so than Allen

- Allen is ‘no big loss’

- there was a bust up with Beale

I honestly don't know the full truth, and part of me doesn't care. Maybe i'm being naive, maybe i've missed it. However, by and large most people acknowledged Allen played a role in bringing in Gerrard and was doing a decent job.

Now he's gone suddenly the narrative changes. It happens quite often.

I could be wrong, it's not even important. I'm certainly neither pro or against Allen. I doubt he's perfect and certainly if there is truth in the Beale bust up, then obviously that wouldn't have been wise. Fuck knows though. You never really get the full truth in these cases.

Archived