Mark Allen has left the club

Sparkle

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Not really sure she's qualified as a DoF? I thought she was Chief Exec, unless we are planning on getting rid of Robertson too...

The poster didn't mean as a dof. He was meaning as it was rumoured she was coming in 

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

The foundations have been excavated and poured , the bricks are now up to dpc level, the groundwork is now completed so if we are to replace him the job is much easier now than when he was first employed, a good head start for the new person.

I found the first part of your post really annoying to read 

Regardless of the he signed muppets posts on here Mark Allen was obviously really well thought of at the club and by the manager himself, it’s part of football that people move on to explore other options- maybe he’s an offer too close to home and too good to refuse, maybe his wife gave him an ultimatum, could be a number of things.

taking all things into account I think he has laid some solid foundations for the next director of football to take the club even further.  FWIW I doubt this will have a bearing on stevie staying or not. Results will decide that one. It’s not like he’s part of a warburton/mcparland partnership.

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

According to some of the more reliable FF insiders...

- King was instrumental in bringing in Gerrard, more so than Allen

- Allen is ‘no big loss’

- there was a bust up with Beale

I don’t know if I think Beale is making a difference or not 

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Your opening point was that if he left it would be Gerrards last season here. Thats pretty out there. On being asked why you believed this it was you who mentioned bad terms by way of possible explanation to your initial statement. Again based on nothing.

So yes everyone can have opinions but yours is right to the negative with zero substance. Saying "if" about the bad terms part doesn't negate you saying the manager will leave soon if MA goes.

You want me to butter my opinons up a bit for you? Its no more out there than anyone elses opinons.

Yes bad terms could be a reason, but so could good terms, i never went one way or the other though, as you said.

HAVING been instrumental in successfully revamping the football department, Rangers Football Club can announce that Director of Football Mark Allen has informed them he is to leave the club.

Mark has decided that now is the right time for him to move on for family reasons and in order to explore other options, and leaves with the clubs best wishes.

Rangers fully respects Mark’s decision and wishes to place on record its thanks to Mark for his hard work and diligence since joining the Club in the summer of 2017. In that short time he has helped move Rangers into a significantly stronger and more challenging position.

During his tenure, Mark has made a hugely positive impact in bringing in a higher quality of first-team player and he has led the renovation and improvement of the Hummel Training Centre, making it fit for a club the size of Rangers.

Managing Director Stewart Robertson commented: “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Mark for his work in recent seasons. We are disappointed to lose him but we appreciate the impact he made during his time in Scotland and he leaves Rangers in a better place than when he first arrived. Losing a man of his calibre is a blow but the practices he put in place at the club will stand us in good stead for the future. We wish Mark well in his future career.”

Mark Allen said: “It has been a privilege to work for Rangers, one of the biggest clubs in football with such a phenomenal fan base, and I’ve loved every minute. Bringing Steven Gerrard to the club will always be a special point in my career and I would like to thank him, his excellent staff, the players and all the staff at Rangers for their support throughout my tenure. My greatest wish is for Rangers to start winning trophies again and I wish them all the very best for the future”

Steven Gerrard said: “I would like to place on record my sincere gratitude to Mark for the incredible support he has shown to me and all of my staff since I came to the club 16 months ago. Mark’s success here is evident for all to see and we would all like to wish him well moving forward.”

Archived