Mark Allen has left the club

Sparkle

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do you think as a result of this SG will be gone in 12 months?

If further down the line we find out it was actually on bad terms MA, then yes i do, if it was that bad the man who brought him to the club had to leave then, then am sure Gerrard would side with MA and leave next summer, all based on a bad terms scenario.

It sounds terrible but I really don't trust the board for this job...... Need a replacement ASAP, someone whos job is to keep there ear to the ground and is seperate from all the financial pish going on in the background. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye mate we most definitely need another DOF. 

Do you honestly trust our board to do that job?? 

Just now, Craiggybear said:

It sounds terrible but I really don't trust the board for this job...... Need a replacement ASAP, someone whos job is to keep there ear to the ground and is seperate from all the financial pish going on in the background. 

Catch 22 mate, we need a DOF because the board are clueless but the clueless board have to pick the new DOF. 😂

The director of football role is not something I have ever paid much attention to to be honest.

By all accounts the guy done a good job but he doesn’t win matches so let’s move on and start pumping teams starting tomorrow.

If we get another DOF in then hopefully we take our time and go for the correct person rather than rush it.

22 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

If further down the line we find out it was actually on bad terms MA, then yes i do, if it was that bad the man who brought him to the club had to leave then, then am sure Gerrard would side with MA and leave next summer, all based on a bad terms scenario.

So you're now not even commiting to saying he'll be gone in 12 months.. Ifs buts maybes and pretty much fuck all else. Thanks for clarifying.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

According to some of the more reliable FF insiders...

- King was instrumental in bringing in Gerrard, more so than Allen

- Allen is ‘no big loss’

- there was a bust up with Beale

Beale passing on Dave King's message thar Allen couldn't take in.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you're now not even commiting to saying he'll be gone in 12 months.. Ifs buts maybes and pretty much fuck all else. Thanks for clarifying.

Fuck me your hard work, next summer i beileve hes gone, 3 times now i have told you.

3 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Just guessing here, it was MA that suggested Gerrard, they do seem quite close, if it is on bad terms MA lesves then Gerrards sure not to be happy about it.

Better not to speculate.

It also gives Gerrard a free hand to bring in who HE wants. With Gerrards contacts, I doubt he needs a DOF.  Who knows, he might have hated MA and the position. We can can all go there. 

It also frees up a wage for Dempster, should that be happening.

TBH, who really gives a fuck. I'd trust Gerrard's pick of players before any other cunts.

Whether he stayed or went is something we'll look back on and see if it was right or wrong

The bigger problem with this is the fact we've had a 2 week break and then announce something less than 24 hours before a game

Our timing is fucking shocking, this obviously hasn't just come about today and we seem to have a knack of doing shit like this right before a match

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The director of football role is not something I have ever paid much attention to to be honest.

By all accounts the guy done a good job but he doesn’t win matches so let’s move on and start pumping teams starting tomorrow.

If we get another DOF in then hopefully we take our time and go for the correct person rather than rush it.

If it turns out we’ve won the league through his signings, we can say he’s done a good job.

If we don’t,  just another appointment that didn’t work out.

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

Wild stuff mate.

If this, if that. 

There is not a shred of evidence to support that Allen was pivotal in SG decision to come to the club or he’ll be that offended by the reasons he’s left.  

3 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Correct. 

Shame the board still don’t have a clue football wise. 

WTF are you on about? You want a board picking the team aye?!

Know any players who are Directors of big clubs?

That's why they bring in the hired help and the main man being the fucking manager.

Get a life ffs.

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

FFS, are you trying to turn pot stirring into an art form ffs?!

Archived