Italian football pundit suspended over racist comments

.Williamson.

A pundit on Italian TV was immediately suspended following racist comments he made on-air regarding Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

TopCalcio24's Luciano Passirani was suspended shortly after making a comment directed at Lukaku on Sunday.

Speaking on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show, Passirani started off by saying, "I don't see any other player in Italy now like Lukaku. [...] I really like him," before adding, "the only way to stop him is to say, Here are ten bananas that you can eat."

Lukaku was targeted with monkey chants by Cagliari fans this month.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Italian football is fucked. Inter's ultra group were defending the Cagliari fans last month as well saying that monkey chants towards a black player aren't racist.

Mental.

Nearly as crazy as supporters defending child abusers!

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Italian football is fucked. Inter's ultra group were defending the Cagliari fans last month as well saying that monkey chants towards a black player aren't racist.

Mental.

Always been like that.

Read the Irriducibili’s influence on the Thuram transfer story when Lazio were in for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gentlemanultra.com/2017/03/17/lilian-thuram-and-lazios-irriducibili-a-meeting-that-defined-calcio/amp/

11 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Always been like that.

Read the Irriducibili’s influence on the Thuram transfer story when Lazio were in for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gentlemanultra.com/2017/03/17/lilian-thuram-and-lazios-irriducibili-a-meeting-that-defined-calcio/amp/

That's fucking nuts :lol:

59 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

When you think of the stuff we get punished for and Uefa let the Italians and the Russians away with shit like this year after year its fuckin farcical........

UEFA can’t do fuckall unless it happens in one of their tournaments.

52 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Always been like that.

Madness. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Boring eh

Tedious as fuck mate. Some folk on this forum are obsessed with it.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

One of the maddest things I’ve read :lol: 

You have to wonder what went through Lukaku's head when he's read that statement. His own fans actually defending a rival teams fans for directing monkey chants at him. Bizarre.

12 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Wild, but I do love Italian football, and Lazio in particular.

Used to love watching it when I was a wee guy but not so much nowadays. Back in the days of Football Italia on channel 4 when it was the best league in the world imo