Ricksen passed away

Escobar

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm a bit fucking choked by this. We all new it was coming but it doesn't make it any easier. I can but only imagine what his young family are going through at their loss.

This man was a legend both on and off the park. There are no words to adequately describe his courage in fighting this illness. He chose to stay in the public eye and done everything to raise awareness of this killer disease and raise much needed funds for research. He has been an example to us all.

It touched us all and we all got to know him that bit more which makes it all more personal.

In his passing I do hope that the club go that extra mile to celebrate his life and give the fans the same opportunity, family willing of course. A befitting memorial to all that he was and what he will continue to be in inspiring others.

RIP Fernando. Thanks for all the memories. For being the gladiator you were in the football arena and in your battle with with disease.  

Says a lot of what we really thought of him that we ever held it against him for being in that Zenit side,