***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aint winning a league this season. Actually i have doubts about a cup too. This is the same dross as last season so nothing has been learned.  Gerrard is just too negative. A middle 3 with zero threat. Aribo could be dangerous but i reckon he's being told to hold the middle. Every fucking away game i switch on the game hoping we have it wrapped up by HT but always end up a fucking bag of nerves.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Morelos playing in the last third himself and Jack and Davis are playing in midfield themselves but are so far detached from Morelos they don't influence the game where it matters.  Aribo, Barker and Ojo are brutal. 

Ojo is the one guy that looks like creating something, agreed apart from that. Don't know what the fuck has happened to Aribo the last few weeks. He's gone from looking like a genius to looking like hes never seen a ball before.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Tav sleeping almost cost us, Ojo a good twenty minutes then nothing, Morelos two chances to pass and we could have scored, McGregor saving us again same old story against utter shite and now StJohnstone are getting more confident.

Gerrard has to sort this out in the second half as we are not creating enough.

Morelos is far too greedy at times but that’s what strikers are, it’s about time the ref booked them for all the rugs on him 

Still lack a player who can actually run and beat the first man, all to often they get midway inside the opposition half and then turn around and pass back or side wards. Its not as if you need to be a great tactician to know you are going to come up against packed defences every week. Barker needs to come more central to get on the ball and try to utilise his pace.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Tav sleeping almost cost us, Ojo a good twenty minutes then nothing, Morelos two chances to pass and we could have scored, McGregor saving us again same old story against utter shite and now StJohnstone are getting more confident.

Gerrard has to sort this out in the second half as we are not creating enough.

Like the rest of us, he probably wasn't expecting a 5'1" Stevie May to beat a 6'5" Helander in the air tbf.

Just now, Rusty117 said:

We aint winning a league this season. Actually i have doubts about a cup too. This is the same dross as last season so nothing has been learned.  Gerrard is just too negative. A middle 3 with zero threat. Aribo could be dangerous but i reckon he's being told to hold the middle. Every fucking away game i switch on the game hoping we have it wrapped up by HT but always end up a fucking bag of nerves.

We need a matchday thread BINGO card! :lol:

Who was it that said the other day about the end of the world comments after a poor first half?

3 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Lost count at how many times ive said it on here but our final decision making is diabolical why the fuck has it not been sorted 

Doesn't matter how much that will get drummed in. Its the individuals decision at that moment that they themselves choose. For me it's a lack of focus that causes poor choice of play. 

Archived