***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BlueMe said:

Helander deserves to keep his place imo but what's happening with Katic? 

Is he injured?

I believe he was left out the other night for 'tactical' reasons. If hes not injured it's a strange one. Maybe Helander has performed better in training, who knows....

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

No Katic again and doesn't even make the bench

Exact same as last season where hes been randomly dropped, will kill his confidence and take the rest of the season to get him back to form

If missing two games ruins his season, he's probably not good enough to play for Rangers.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

No Katic again and doesn't even make the bench

Exact same as last season where hes been randomly dropped, will kill his confidence and take the rest of the season to get him back to form

I think something has happened behind the scenes regarding Katic because a few weeks ago Gerrard couldn't speak highly enough about him and if it was just because a slight drop in form I'd still expect him to make the bench.

Relax Gerrard probably thinks Katic needs a rest..........

so I guess we’ll see him again in about 6 months time!.

Lets be honest Gerrard has been looking for an opportunity to drop Katic since the start of the season. It doesn’t matter that overall he’s been the best CB this season Goldson is his favourite who can do no wrong.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Gerrard may think it’s worth pushing the players through. We’ve got Livi-Aberdeen-YoungBoys-Hamilton then it’s another week off (14 days before Hearts). 

He's said it's a huge week, 6 points and chance to get to a semi final, he'll not be rotating squad much as games are too important.

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

I think something has happened behind the scenes regarding Katic because a few weeks ago Gerrard couldn't speak highly enough about him and if it was just because a slight drop in form I'd still expect him to make the bench.

Last season he declared his love for katic... literally. Then dropped him about 3 weeks later.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Definetley think something has happened but was the same last season where he was dropped for Villareal with stories going around but nothing was ever really spoken about

3 minutes ago, DontMindMe said:

If missing two games ruins his season, he's probably not good enough to play for Rangers.

Starting a season well for 2 seasons in a row only to get dropped for no apparent reason 

Whilst you see another defender playing arguably worse and making more mistakes 

That's enough to piss anybody off.

Goldson is gerrards favourite and that's being made clear again this season, guy wont be dropped unless hes injured 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fucking nauseating with it.

I like him but he's raw as fuck and for all the rage there's been about goldson katic has been as bad if not worse.

I like him as well mate, superb in the air but apart from that I don’t think he’s particularly great. Unreal against Legia though.

People like Katic more for some reason imo, it’s the same reason some people hated Worrall all because they had a hard on for Katic

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He deserved dropped after his last performance imo, but should be making the bench at least tbh.

Might have a knock or something tbf, but if not it’s weird.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I like him as well mate, superb in the air but apart from that I don’t think he’s particularly great. Unreal against Legia though.

People like Katic more for some reason imo, it’s the same reason some people hated Worrall all because they had a hard on for Katic

Might have a knock or something tbf, but if not it’s weird.

I think he was better than worral in an overall sense but worral only seemed so bad because he made some huge mistakes. He wasn't that bad most of the time just had huge brain farts like trying Cruyff turns on a plastic pitch one on one with a killie player.

Katic isn't a bad player but again these match threads make me wish I could go every week. Everything gets magnified 1000 times on here.

Thursdays pre match was excruciating, thanks fuck I'm at the next three games 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry mate but totally disagree. Katic has easily been better this season.

The games just before he was dropped either of them could've been dropped

But the strop people go in over it is quite embarrassing

I expect throughout the season Helander will prove to be a stronger and better CD for us than any of the other three, but I'm a bit surprised Katic didn't make the bench again.  

We can pretty much rely on most of the team doing their job well these days.  That's how I see it anyway, so my wish for today is that the likes of Aribo, Barker, Ojo and Barasic show us they should be automatic first picks going forward.

Archived