***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

That’s an absolute myth, Goldson is a good defender but an absolute liability on the ball and don’t even get me started on those long diagonals to no one he plays constantly 

Would love to see Helander and Katic play together but based on last season we’ll be lucky if we see Katic again until the end of the season 

Would actually place Goldson 4th choice of the 4 CB’s we have. 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Agreed, it's going he exact same as last year and we paid the price for it. Never seen Katic back to form again until the end of the season

Nothing at all wrong with playing Helandar, actually happy to see him getting a game especially after spending so much on him & hopefully he does well.

Its Goldson being a mainstay in the team that's the issue for me, hes made more mistakes that Katic & personally don't think hes as good a player but regardless he'll get picked baring injury

This.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye the one ball over the top that he actually got right. 

Obviously forgot the moment when he did the exact same thing he did in the OF then started shouting at the midfielder he played the hospital pass to like it was his fault

Clearly not learning with this dwelling on the ball nonsense, it will cost us again 

Meanwhile a guy who’s been an absolute rock for us from the word go this season and one of the few threats we have from set pieces gets dropped because of one seemingly bad game where we still didn’t concede from open play and won. Goldson cost us our biggest game of the league season so far with that moment of madness and everyone blamed Katic for not being able to dig him out after his defensive partner absolutely sold the jerseys 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Obviously forgot the moment when he did the exact same thing he did in the OF then started shouting at the midfielder he played the hospital pass to like it was his fault

Clearly not learning with this dwelling on the ball nonsense, it will cost us again 

Meanwhile a guy who’s been an absolute rock for us from the word go this season and one of the few threats we have from set pieces gets dropped because of one seemingly bad game where we still didn’t concede from open play and won. Goldson cost us our biggest game of the league season so far with that moment of madness and everyone blamed Katic for not being able to dig him out after his defensive partner absolutely sold the jerseys 

Nobody blames Katic for not digging him out, they blame Katic and Jack for horrible defending. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Goldson wasn’t great against Livingston an his mistake against celtic was ridiculous but it’s starting to feel like he’s a bit of a whipping boy. He’s nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. 

Yet nobody that's seemingly katic daft is bringing up any his mistakes, of which some were fucking awful.

I like him but as I say it was 50/50 as to who was dropped out of them and I think SG may just have picked correctly. But if I was in the katic camp on here I'd be maybe wondering as to why he's not even on the bench and maybe questioning what's happened than greeting about it on here.

Id never change a back 4 if I was manager, well 5 including the goalie and it was shown by Walter that it's the way to build success but something has gone on behind the scenes for him to drop out completely

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Yet nobody that's seemingly katic daft is bringing up any his mistakes, of which some were fucking awful.

No ones saying Katic is perfect but watch the Legia game at home again and try tell me that he’s the one that deserves to be dropped 

Just now, GA1972 said:

No ones saying Katic is perfect but watch the Legia game at home again and try tell me that he’s the one that deserves to be dropped 

He didn't for that game as I've said countless times. Him and goldson were pathetic last two league games, it's as simple as that 

Archived