IF We don't win the league this season , do we still back Stevie Gerrard next season to win the league?

TopCat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all desperately want the league of course, but realistically I think it'll boil down to "progress" for the board and ultimately that means silverware of some kind. 

European qualification, a strong League campaign and a cup or hopefully 2 would be enough for them I'd guess. 

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I say we back him 100% no matter what this season. He has shown he can and will improve as a manager so I say we back him all the way no matter how this season pans out.

What do you guys think?

:sarcasm:

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'll back him as long as we keep improving. 

Your statement about backing him no matter how it pans out is ridiculous :lol:

Given the improvement in our side since he arrived I'm quite surprised at this remark. Surely he has done enough already to deserve our backing next season? imo at any rate.

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Given the improvement in our side since he arrived I'm quite surprised at this remark. Surely he has done enough already to deserve our backing next season? imo at any rate.

Not if it were all to go to shit and we finish in 4th place in the league or something daft.

Obviously don't expect this, but football is a fickle sport!

Heard the media narrative a few times ‘whoever loses the league will be sacked’. 

Thats the case for TLB. Not Gerrard. 

He doesn't HAVE to win the league this season. If we improve on last year, then why wouldn’t he get a go again.

Gerrard’s not perfect, but he has my backing until we stop progressing.  

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if we finish third and win no cups you would back him. 

I don't expect us to finish behind 2nd place but even so I would still back him given his performance in the job till this moment in time.The guy is different class ....... and we wouldn't find/attract better imo.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would go as far as to say if we don’t even get close to them but finish 2nd with no cups then serious questions have to be asked about his future. 

All the wee starstruck laddies will be greeting into their coco pops at this.

He's undoubtedly improved as manager from the one we appointed and the team and style of play has improved dramatically. He is still prone to the odd baffling choice of starting eleven and deployed tactics. Needs to work on his ability to read when the game is crying out for a sub.  The team selection and tactics for the recent old firm game were strange and disappointing.  Last night's first half performance really was a culmination of what we've been working on for the past eighteen months. The high press, pressing in numbers with intensity. The short brisk passing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that starting eleven were all available for the old firm game. Name that team for the old firm game and the result is different. Feyenoord couldn't live up with us first half and we should have been out of sight by half time. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I don't expect us to finish behind 2nd place but even so I would still back him given his performance in the job till this moment in time.The guy is different class ....... and we wouldn't find/attract better imo.

What would he have actually done if we win nothing this year?? Are we supposed to be happy finishing a comfortable second is that the new benchmark for Rangers  

How do you know we wouldn’t attract better?? 

Just now, Sket said:

All the wee starstruck laddies will be greeting into their coco pops at this.

Think some folk are more Stevie G fans than Rangers fans these days, legend or not Gerrard has been backed and if he doesn’t deliver trophies soon then the question needs to be asked.

Archived