IF We don't win the league this season , do we still back Stevie Gerrard next season to win the league?

TopCat

42 minutes ago, Robb said:

We have a decent squad.  When they want to play. 

Frustrating when when you go to a game and they play superb, then the next week we are dire and scraping out a win. 

Very bizarre and annoying. 

Every chance you will see it tomorrow. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gerrard, and our team in general, are struggling with what many managers and players have struggled with before. That is the completely different games that are played in Domestic football versus European football. 

I have argued often that Scottish football is a different challenge from English and European football. To the point it’s almost a different sport. It’s generally not quite as good but it’s just as hard to master. 

This difference has always been there but it has become worse over the last two decades or so  

I am now of the view that we almost need a domestic set of players and a European set of players. Players that go out on in the league and battle like fuck and win the war of attrition.  

This is almost completely embodied within Barisic in today’s team but it used to be the same with Hemdani of old. Players who just look different level when playing European style opposition but just look like cloggers when playing the rough and tumble, 100 mile an hour stuff in Scotland. 

Gerrard must find a way to master the domestic competition of he is going to last here because while we all love the Euro adventures the league is mandatory. 

I don’t think it should be overlooked either that if we were to win it this year it is an incredible achievement. 

I expect to win it and always will. But that expectation is remarkable and it is the fuel that has taken a team that started in the bottom of the league structure to the brink of leading the pack again over 7-8 years.

The sheer logistics of making that happen, I would argue, could not be achieved by any other football club anywhere and it’s primarily because of the fans. 

Archived