****The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread****

Bronzy

7 hours ago, BlueMe said:

I'm sure he said disgrace and shambles - but i might have just made all this up, fuck knows.

The conspiracy theory sounds a bit one sided and bias tbh.

I'm sure he did.

Last season's showed we were hard done to. This season's close though very few contentious decisions yet in our league games. Certainly no Beaton v Hivs, Clancy v sheep, Madden v sheep type performances seen to date. Which is a good thing, I'd far rather that and we get parity than be able to demonstrate refs ref us unfairly. Only yellows per no of fouls for the scum compared to every other team sticks out like a sore thumb so far this season. And I havent just made all this up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I remember as many games like last nights one during Smith’s second spell in charge as I do games where we played great football and blew teams away. You know that period where we won 3 league titles from 4, 3 league cups, 2 Scottish cups and we got to a UEFA Cup final...

Walter’s last season we were fucking dreadful most of the time :lol: 

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You don’t win league titles grinding out results week in week out. You win leagues my playing great football and the occasional off day is when you grind out a win. 

At the moment we are grinding out week in week out with the occasional great football, it’s caught up to us once already and will again if we don’t get our finger out. 

This! 

I don't even think the football has to be great that much, but it certainly has to be a lot more convincing than we are now.

To echo your point we've played 16 halfs of domestic football and I've been convinced by 3 of them; both halfs against Hibs and the second half against St. Johnstone.

31 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

This! 

I don't even think the football has to be great that much, but it certainly has to be a lot more convincing than we are now.

To echo your point we've played 16 halfs of domestic football and I've been convinced by 3 of them; both halfs against Hibs and the second half against St. Johnstone.

We do seem to be a 45 minute team at times.

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You don’t win league titles grinding out results week in week out. You win leagues my playing great football and the occasional off day is when you grind out a win. 

At the moment we are grinding out week in week out with the occasional great football, it’s caught up to us once already and will again if we don’t get our finger out. 

:lol:

Tell that to Walter.

Rangers supporters have the shortest memories.

3 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Wasn’t the player (Aberdeen I think) carded who had an actual clash of heads with Christie at Hamden last year. Totally different narrative being placed on the flailing elbow (meant or not) from last night...

Aye I think your right mate 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Wasn’t the player (Aberdeen I think) carded who had an actual clash of heads with Christie at Hamden last year. Totally different narrative being placed on the flailing elbow (meant or not) from last night...

Yes, Dominic ball I think.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I remember as many games like last nights one during Smith’s second spell in charge as I do games where we played great football and blew teams away. You know that period where we won 3 league titles from 4, 3 league cups, 2 Scottish cups and we got to a UEFA Cup final...

We were fucking fantastic in December and May!

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you think we ever won any league under Walter by just grinding out results I think its your memory that is suspect. 

Naw mate we played turgid boring to watch football and got bogged down by the SPL dross more often than not, especially in Walter second spell, with a few bright sparks with the likes of Laudrup and Gazza and in Walters second term guys like Jelavic and Mendes. The biggest give away that you were watching a Walter Smith Rangers side was the willingness to stand up to bully boy tactics, get stuck in and then find a way to do what was need to turn no or one points into three.

Get the rose tinted goggles off mate. Used to watch Hately's video all the time and in that The Goalie even talked about how the tactic was BFG. Boot, flick, goal. Goalie boots it, Hateley's flicks it, Ally finishes it.

Just goes to show you that even with all the ability on paper it doesn't guarantee 5 star football week in and week out when 90% of the teams you play are more concentrated on stopping the game from flowing than actually playing football themselves.

If you compare bank balances then we and the manks should be blowing teams away week and week out, we're not though. Neither of us are doing that. They have the luxury of a winning mentality, much like we did in the 90's, which makes it seem like they are having an easier time of it. No amount of money spent or coaching can give our squad that mentality, that's down to them. Win at all costs isn't something a lot of football players are born with which is why a lot of very talented players come here and struggle but flourish elsewhere.

I've watched Rangers for over 25 years now and never in that time have I seen a Rangers side that played the beautiful game consistently. Wee Dick had a side that got the closest to achieving that but even they fell just short.

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Naw mate we played turgid boring to watch football and got bogged down by the SPL dross more often than not, especially in Walter second spell, with a few bright sparks with the likes of Laudrup and Gazza and in Walters second term guys like Jelavic and Mendes. The biggest give away that you were watching a Walter Smith Rangers side was the willingness to stand up to bully boy tactics, get stuck in and then find a way to do what was need to turn no or one points into three.

Get the rose tinted goggles off mate. Used to watch Hately's video all the time and in that The Goalie even talked about how the tactic was BFG. Boot, flick, goal. Goalie boots it, Hateley's flicks it, Ally finishes it.

Just goes to show you that even with all the ability on paper it doesn't guarantee 5 star football week in and week out when 90% of the teams you play are more concentrated on stopping the game from flowing than actually playing football themselves.

If you compare bank balances then we and the manks should be blowing teams away week and week out, we're not though. Neither of us are doing that. They have the luxury of a winning mentality, much like we did in the 90's, which makes it seem like they are having an easier time of it. No amount of money spent or coaching can give our squad that mentality, that's down to them. Win at all costs isn't something a lot of football players are born with which is why a lot of very talented players come here and struggle but flourish elsewhere.

I've watched Rangers for over 25 years now and never in that time have I seen a Rangers side that played the beautiful game consistently. Wee Dick had a side that got the closest to achieving that but even they fell just short.

Fucked if I’m reading all that just to disagree with it 😂😂 but well done. 👍

Archived