Keeping Morelos.

LegendofCoop

Best bit of transfer 'business' we did this summer imo. Whether there were any concrete bids or not I don't know, but the wee man is irreplaceable. 

I'm as happy for him as I am for us too. He clearly loves to be loved, and he gets that and more here. He's at a massive club, playing a decent standard of domestic football and is now getting regular European football too, and shining. 

Had he left either in January or the summer, I would have feared for his development.....especially had he gone to the EPL. I also think SG and the team have done wonders for his discipline....he seems to be channelling his anger into determination and it's paying dividends.  

I think it's vital for both him, and us, that he's staying this season. Hopefully he continues to bang in the goals and keep his improved temperament to continue his development, then we can see what happens come the end of the season. Especially if he has a winners medal come May! 

image.thumb.png.d2bc8b92832fffc7007d4b7586a41690.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it absolutely mental that half this board were happy for us to accept less than £15 Million for him, I even seen some suggesting £10-12 Million would be enough.

I wouldn’t sell him for less than £25 Million now people need to get it into their heads that the market value is always increasing and that we can’t keep talking our players value down, look are Tierney if they can get £25 Million for a crooked Left back we should be getting at least that for our star striker.

Hopefully we don’t receive any acceptable bids in January and we get a full season out of him.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I still find it absolutely mental that half this board were happy for us to accept less than £15 Million for him, I even seen some suggesting £10-12 Million would be enough.

I wouldn’t sell him for less than £25 Million now people need to get it into their heads that the market value is always increasing and that we can’t keep talking our players value down, look are Tierney if they can get £25 Million for a crooked Left back we should be getting at least that for our star striker.

Hopefully we don’t receive any acceptable bids in January and we get a full season out of him.

Cunts were wanting shot of him for 3mil the season before :lol: Genuinely would be gutted if we lost him for 10 times that.

We can't even contemplate losing Alfie in January if we want our hands on the league. Defoe is still great but no way we can rely on the little man to get us single handedly over the winning line. Morelos must stay until summer.

I hate all this “I can’t believe people were wanting us to sell him for *insert figure here* patter that people come out with.

Players improve and in some cases they regress. Fans perceived value of them will change as that happens. That’s how football works.

A year ago Morelos wasn’t the 20-25 million pound player that people  said he was but he’s improved his game, his discipline, his scoring record  and he’s scored goals in Europe..all things which have led to his value increasing to the point where he is easily worth that now.

Somebody came out with the same spiel about Jack the other day with no consideration given to the fact that 18 months ago he was nothing more than a decent midfielder who a lot of people though would be easily replaced but guess what, he’s improved since then so his value has increased.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

In the summer he was worth £20m and that's what the second post was alluding to.

The majority of people who I can recall disagreeing with the value at that point were people who were still pissed off with him for getting sent off against them.

Poor man's Edouard. 

(If I was Gerrard I'd mibee be working on him for this season and the next and doing some back room handshake deal with Liverpool................., not that that would happening in football of course)

If not expect a flurry of interest from Villa, Everton and Brighton come January. 

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

Theres been no bids for him since Gerrards been here so how was he going to leave?

Yeah, strange that, while the press continue to report £10,000,000, £20,000,000 and £30,000,000 bids, and  interest from the elite EPL and European  clubs, for various cellic players all the time. 

He’s an outstanding player but it’s his team ethic now that i love.

The tracking back to left back today to stop them counter attacking an winning us a shy. The dropping deeper to dictate the game.

I think him and Defoe could play together now as Morelos has matured and they seem to be bringing best out of each other.

Hamilton at Ibrox in a couple of weeks i’d start both.

Archived