Keeping Morelos.

LegendofCoop

I'm the 1st to admit that after his sending off at the tattiedome I was sick and wanted rid of him....his ability was never in question but the overall package at the time was suspect....I had a good few debates that night with a couple of the older posters who were adamant he should stay @Courtyard Bear being one, happy to admit I was hurting and wrong to want rid as we need him big time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A phenomenal player and suits our system very well.  We'll do well to keep a hold of him beyond next summer.

The thing that gets me is that he is not the finished product either. There's always room for improvement. If he can be a bit less selfish in front of goal (when others are in better positions) and continue with the good behaviour he'll be able to storm the top level.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I hate all this “I can’t believe people were wanting us to sell him for *insert figure here* patter that people come out with.

Players improve and in some cases they regress. Fans perceived value of them will change as that happens. That’s how football works.

A year ago Morelos wasn’t the 20-25 million pound player that people  said he was but he’s improved his game, his discipline, his scoring record  and he’s scored goals in Europe..all things which have led to his value increasing to the point where he is easily worth that now.

Somebody came out with the same spiel about Jack the other day with no consideration given to the fact that 18 months ago he was nothing more than a decent midfielder who a lot of people though would be easily replaced but guess what, he’s improved since then so his value has increased.

👍

Top post mate ...... covers all the "logical' areas that decide the time and place of the value of a player financially and playing wise ..... this type of analysis will not catch on  .... will it?..... :p:

:UK:

Gerrard said there weren't any concrete bids for any of our top players in the summer  so he was never leaving,  if he keeps out of trouble which he's shown he can and keeps scoring then pretty sure we'll be getting bids next summer.

56 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

If he could get some regular games (and goals) for Colombia then his value will really take off.

Can't be arsed checking but other's in that team in his age group are worth plenty - the board need to play hardball as hes our main main and wont be easy to replace.

The international aspect is massive and will add millions if he gets a chance and takes it.

Also said on another thread that we should be making a business decision to put him on penalties. Adding 10 to 15 goals will make him a 40 to 50 goal striker. People pay big money for that

Don’t understand why supporters thought we were willing  to accept bids for him at £xxxx amount  etc.  Dunno where they got the info from or whether they just make up shit 

Never heard this once from the club except the usual “everyone has a price “ stuff. 

He might go in the summer but who knows. One thing is for sure he’s worth ten times more kicking a ball about on the grass for us than any fee, that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

He’s absolutely a level above everyone else that we have. His cross-field pass today from one wing to the other just totally underlined it.  Was something we never see players having the confidence or belief to do. Sheer class.

Did similar vs Feyenoord - beat two men and swung a perfect pass cross half the field to Ryan Jack 

Remember the people who said get rid and bring Stevie May 

Absolutely knew he would come good in the end. Gerrard didn't give up and saw what he would be worth to Rangers this season. He was already worth plenty with his goal tally. Just needed his emotions checked. Job done.

He's here for the season and hopefully further. Love him to bits. 

Archived