Funeral of Fernando

ianb1547

ON behalf of the friends and family of Fernando, Rangers and the Rangers Former Players Benevolent Club can confirm his funeral will be held at Wellington Church at 2pm tomorrow

The funeral cortège will make its way to Ibrox Stadium, for 1pm where it will stop briefly outside the stadium front door to allow fans to pay their respects from the opposite side of the road.

The procession will come down Broomloan Road and proceed along Edmiston Drive driving east before heading to the Clyde Arc bridge, and on to the Church.

The cortège will then proceed to Wellington Church for the funeral at 2pm, before a private, family service at Linn Crematorium is held.

The family would like to thank everyone who has paid their respects to Fernando over the last week, it has been a source of comfort at a very difficult time.

Please also note that family flowers only are requested at Wellington Church.

Edmiston Drive will he closed between 12pm and 1:30pm to accommodate anyone wishing to pay their respects to Fernando.

SLO says  Albion car park will be open.

Could not see this posted elsewhere.

RIP Fernando.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

👍gonna head over for it.

Hopefully mobbed and thousands paying final respects. 

Heading over myself.

I drove past the stadium yesterday and the shrine still seems to be growing. Can't imagine what it's going to look like after tomorrow.

I will be taking the trip up there myself tomorrow to say goodbye.  Just in that I can’t decide wither to wear a shirt or wear my orange football top. What’s the general consensus on that? Under normal circumstances i’d Opt for the shirt but I feel the orange top is more fitting for Fernando. I’m Probably over thinking it.

48 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

I will be taking the trip up there myself tomorrow to say goodbye.  Just in that I can’t decide wither to wear a shirt or wear my orange football top. What’s the general consensus on that? Under normal circumstances i’d Opt for the shirt but I feel the orange top is more fitting for Fernando. I’m Probably over thinking it.

Dont think it matters at all mate. Just get along 👍

No way I am gonna get away from work now . 

dont think folk realise what Rangers means to us all and although fernando isn’t my family member he is still very close to our hearts and this is an emotional day for all of us bears.

never knowing such a fighter on and of the pitch in my life. More of a man than anyone will ever be.

RIP FERNANDO SIR

LETS WIN THE LEAGUE USING YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT X

Archived