Greg Stewart

G.E.C.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

An enigma inside a riddle wrapped up in a mystery.

Plays the way Gerrard likes and he’s now definitely ahead of Docherty and Halliday behind Davis, Jack, Arfield and Kamara.

A thinking man’s footballer.

Sums up that whole post.

I will reiterate again,  being from kilmarnock any of the boys that went to games were gutted at losing Stewart...he made them tick....today we saw how effective his touch and control is in tight areas....the guy will win us games we would have struggled in last season...today being 1 of them

7 hours ago, smartypants said:

Combined well with Arfield 

Kept getting mixed up with the 2 of them as they were playing quite similar at times as well as combining, great performance from Stewart, I would think about starting him on Thursday after today's performance.

10 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

See that chance that just went over the bar when Arfield laid the ball off.. if that went in it would be goal of the season 

Everyone just stopped around the two of them during that but of play, was like a training session. 

I liked the fact he seemed to change positions with Arfield, Morelos and Ojo depending on what was happening.

He looks to be an intelligent player who I feel a lot more confident in having as our 3rd choice striker than our previous options.

As said before many of us have forgotten that jones/Kent sidelined presently will return at some point but these players like Stewart have stepped up to the mark when called upon and done well. Gerrard going to have a good headache shortly.

Archived