***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Hoping for a result tonight and feeling quite confident of one as we've been playing well on both fronts. Finish work at 5.30 so gonna be a mad dash home to get a stream up! 

I'm similar. Finish work at 5pm and have a 32 mile drive home via M1 northbound. So hopefully have me in time for kick off.

Even worse is the fact the wife is having a wee birthday party for us and the kids. Steak is on the menu so I'm going to be cooking and listening/watching at the same time. 

Fancy us to get at least a point. But have a sneaky feeling we are suited to catching teams in Europe and as long as we are tight at the back then a win is not beyond us. 

----------------mcgregor---------------

Tav------goldson--helander----barasic 

---------jack------Davis---kamara-------

Arfield----------morelos----------ojo 

What I think the team will be, not what I think it should be. Reckon helander will play after a couple games out, after impressing v feyenoord. Seems to be the starting 3 in midfield. Ojo for his pace down the left. 

1-2 Alfredo and tav 

34 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm similar. Finish work at 5pm and have a 32 mile drive home via M1 northbound. So hopefully have me in time for kick off.

Even worse is the fact the wife is having a wee birthday party for us and the kids. Steak is on the menu so I'm going to be cooking and listening/watching at the same time. 

Fancy us to get at least a point. But have a sneaky feeling we are suited to catching teams in Europe and as long as we are tight at the back then a win is not beyond us. 

Kick off time is defintley a bit of a pain! Especially when you haven't got BT and need to thumble about trying to find a dodgy stream 😂 hopefully all goes well and you don't burn the steak trying to multi task pal! Given myself the night off from the gym so couple of steak burgers for myself and hopefully a win for us, a draw wouldn't be the worst result depending on how the game goes. Think we will be in a really good position to progress with a win. Would be brilliant to see us get into the knock out stages. 

A positive to take from the plastic park is that we are slightly more accustomed to is as 3 teams in our league have it. Porto or Feyenoord don't play on it like we do so we don't have to adjust to it as much as they may when they play YB at away. 

40 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Gerrard would. It's his mentality.

"We are coming here to try to win the game and do everything we can to do that, but it is important that we take something away from this fixture and try to build on the three points we started with."

Seems he would settle for something less than a win. He's right too, look for the win but a draw would still be a positive result away from home against the group's 2nd seeded team.

31 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

A positive to take from the plastic park is that we are slightly more accustomed to is as 3 teams in our league have it. Porto or Feyenoord don't play on it like we do so we don't have to adjust to it as much as they may when they play YB at away. 

Rangers train on a plastic pitch at the Hummel Training Centre.  Ideally the game would be played on grass but I don’t think the surface is something our players are strangers to.

Think this might be a tougher game than we think, hoping the players don't see it that way but I still think we can come away with a good result.

2-1 to the famous

Shagger

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic

Jack, Davis, Kamara

Ojo, Arfield

Buffalo 

Archived