Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That seems like he may have personal issues on the go as I said early in the season he had the look of the world being on his shoulders 

If it is personal issues then even more he needs time off to deal with them, we did it with katic, 

Playing a consistently poor player based on previous seasons might start having an effect on others morale as well, they might wonder why they are bursting their arses in training, playing well etc when others dont have to

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not sure if I’m the only one but Defoe despite the goal deserves a bollocking for his performance today. Abysmal off the ball and looked like he couldn’t be fucked. At least Tav kept going today.

I know it was probably frustrating for him with us playing long balls into him when he was being marked by someone a good foot taller than him and physically a lot stronger, but I didn’t see any fight or desire. 

I must have been at a different game. 

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not sure if I’m the only one but Defoe despite the goal deserves a bollocking for his performance today. Abysmal off the ball and looked like he couldn’t be fucked. At least Tav kept going today.

I know it was probably frustrating for him with us playing long balls into him when he was being marked by someone a good foot taller than him and physically a lot stronger, but I didn’t see any fight or desire. 

His worst game since joining imo despite the goal. Even then I thought he fouled the guy on the halfway line, would need to see it back

56 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can't agree mate. That penalty was indicative of his shit play and attitude for the last four months.

The league kicked off not even three months ago. So stop lying 🤥  to make a point (unless you’re including his fantastic contribution in the qualifiers?)

so I’d say his dip in form has been a few games.  Nothing more

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Barisic and Tavernier take our corners.  Kent can take them too (from either side) if need be.  Beyond that I doubt we have better corner kick takers.

Barisic and Tavernier should be on every free-kick since so many goals come as a result of them.

Also, Tavernier is a great crosser of the ball.  It’s not just a case of firing it in anywhere and the law of averages are working in his favour.  

I doubt anyone will argue that he can whip in a great ball, he's had more than enough practise lol, but its more to do with how he plays when he's not in they crossing positions, his decision making at times is amateur (look at the goals he's given away recently) he's hesitant, he's slow when he's made a decision, indecisive, all things that are making him play bad the now

Just now, TMB said:

Barisic and Tavernier take our corners.  Kent can take them too (from either side) if need be.  Beyond that I doubt we have better corner kick takers.

Barisic and Tavernier should be on every free-kick since so many goals come as a result of them.

Also, Tavernier is a great crosser of the ball.  It’s not just a case of firing it in anywhere and the law of averages are working in his favour.  

I'm in agreement with you mate, was a sarcastic post. The folk who don't rate him and want Polster playing in his place seem to think any cunt playing at right back will offer more than Tav does.

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Maybe I couldn’t hear it when his name got announced but was he getting booed today? Booed at all when he touched the ball? 

Pretty sure he got booed late in 1st half when he was attacking down the right.

Disgraceful  behavoiur imo from a minority of our support.

Tav will be just as desperate as we all are to win games and ultimately  prizes, fans booing doesnt help a bit. Fair play to him, and not for the first time he continued to be brave on the ball and made himself available for crosses etc

20 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Maybe I couldn’t hear it when his name got announced but was he getting booed today? Booed at all when he touched the ball? 

He did after the penalty miss in first half. That seemed to stop after the break 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His worst game since joining imo despite the goal. Even then I thought he fouled the guy on the halfway line, would need to see it back

He was having no joy with a monster of a defender on his back. I’d of subbed him for the more physical buffalo at half time. 

he was poor for a reason 

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was getting booed by Motherwell fans. It was just after he won the penalty.

I know that. I just find these ‘support our captain’ posts completely pathetic considering he’s only getting stick he genuinely deserves. 

5 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Tav will be just as desperate as we all are to win games and ultimately  prizes, fans booing doesnt help a bit. Fair play to him, and not for the first time he continued to be brave on the ball and made himself available for crosses etc

Motherwell fans from what I could gather because they thought he dived for the Penalty. 

10 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Motherwell fans.

Never got booed by any of us.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm in agreement with you mate, was a sarcastic post. The folk who don't rate him and want Polster playing in his place seem to think any cunt playing at right back will offer more than Tav does.

Tav. Needs a break,  his form and confidence has gone. He seems to be guaranteed a start no matter what. I think Flannigan should take his place v Ross County ,the rotation  seems to exclude Tav. and Goldson for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

I honestly don’t know what more he needs to do wrong for someone to get a run in the team

He’s offering zero at the moment, at least he finally found someone from that corner 

:lol: 

He’s put 2 late winners on a plate for the attackers this season & once again tops our assists charts & that’s him playing a few levels behind what he’s capable of. 

The games in Berne & Tynecastle were brutal individual errors & he needs to step away from the penalties but otherwise nobody will convince me we’d be better replacing him with Flanagan 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

:lol: 

He’s put 2 late winners on a plate for the attackers this season & once again tops our assists charts & that’s him playing a few levels behind what he’s capable of. 

The games in Berne & Tynecastle were brutal individual errors & he needs to step away from the penalties but otherwise nobody will convince me we’d be better replacing him with Flanagan 

If you can’t drop an under performer how do you expect him to stop under performing 

For what it’s worth I think Flanagan is miles better at RB than left back and looked alright when he played there at the end of last season 

Archived