Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

4 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

I really don't see how being captain allowed him to mistime that header against Hearts or miss the interception against Young Boys.

His general performances haven't been what they were last year so far and it is down to too many games in my opinion. He's played over 120 games in the last 2 1/2 years and has had no competition. Combine potentially to much football with nobody pushing him then we get what we have got so far.

Say there are no outgoings in January then my first signing would be a right back who can be trusted or with potential to takes Tav's place when he needs a rest and to push him when he isn't playing well.

We have two other right backs at the club, if one of them cannot be trusted to play right back in games like home vs hamilton etc then why the fuck did we sign them and why the fuck are they still here

Pointless buying another right back when we have 3 already but gerrard wont drop his favourite

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/10/2019 at 16:31, Bears r us said:

I have no doubt you are right, but I don't care about other managers to be honest, all I care about is winning 55 and if Stevie fucks it up because he has favourites that play when they are in poor form and it stops us winning games then he is being rather stupid IMO.  

:tu::tu::tu:

One word ....... THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

🇬🇧

On 21/10/2019 at 11:31, Bears r us said:

I have no doubt you are right, but I don't care about other managers to be honest, all I care about is winning 55 and if Stevie fucks it up because he has favourites that play when they are in poor form and it stops us winning games then he is being rather stupid IMO.  

Spot on mate. Tav we know hasn’t been good enough defensively in the past, but fucking hell it’s way worse now. Stevie needs to show a ruthless streak here. 

44 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Spot on mate. Tav we know hasn’t been good enough defensively in the past, but fucking hell it’s way worse now. Stevie needs to show a ruthless streak here. 

The thing is I like Tav, but he seems to be poor this season and is not playing himself into form either.

I know the options to replace him are not great but the number of goals he has lost us now in two games from three is not really acceptable. I have always thought he should never have been made captain and because he is makes it more difficult to drop/rest him.

I would love to have to eat my words and see him prove us wrong, just not sure if he will though and that is the concern. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

The thing is I like Tav, but he seems to be poor this season and is not playing himself into form either.

I know the options to replace him are not great but the number of goals he has lost us now in two games from three is not really acceptable. I have always thought he should never have been made captain and because he is makes it more difficult to drop/rest him.

I would love to have to eat my words and see him prove us wrong, just not sure if he will though and that is the concern. 

We will never know if the alternatives are great or not as they never get a start to replace him.

If Gerrard aspires to be the manager he wants to be, then he really needs to do his job for the sake of all concerned.

The cameos I've seen Polster in, he appears capable and given game time will only improve imo.

Our large squad with the promises of rotation is now just seen as hollow rhetoric. It does no good for Gerrard and those players challenging for a place, when they watch howlers being made with no consequence.

Pretty disappointed in Gerrard in this and makes him look weak and fork tongued.

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You rarely see big and important players being dropped for squad players at big clubs even when they are having a poor run of form.

Especially your captain, when the other choices are somebody that's not looked great and somebody that's played about 120 competitive minutes and been here near enough a year.

53 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You rarely see big and important players being dropped for squad players at big clubs even when they are having a poor run of form.

Especially when the backup is a player who has played about 3 games of football in 18 months and another who’s injured.

Only way that Tav gets dropped is if Stevie G does something mental like play 3-4-3 against Porto. He’s shown he’s not that kind of manager 

Ross McCrorie returned to a right back position for Portsmouth last time out and it says he's started there three times for the Scotland under 21's. 

Kenny Jackett has pinpointed the ‘athleticism’ of Ross McCrorie adding a missing spark to Pompey’s right-back performances.

19 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Ross McCrorie returned to a right back position for Portsmouth last time out and it says he's started there three times for the Scotland under 21's. 

Kenny Jackett has pinpointed the ‘athleticism’ of Ross McCrorie adding a missing spark to Pompey’s right-back performances.

McCrorie is hardly playing never mind adding spark .

Tavernier had 20+ assists last season.  He has 7 assists for the season.  Yes, he’s prone to the odd defensive error but what he gives us going forward more than makes up for it IMO.

This 4-3-3 formation we play needs attacking full-backs.  Barisic and Tavernier are key players for us.

I agree that Tavernier needs dropped at times.  He plays just about every single game for us.  He’s not at his best right now.  Another attacking RB to offer some competition would be good.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier had 20+ assists last season.  He has 7 assists for the season.  Yes, he’s prone to the odd defensive error but what he gives us going forward more than makes up for it IMO.

This 4-3-3 formation we play needs attacking full-backs.  Barisic and Tavernier are key players for us.

I agree that Tavernier needs dropped at times.  He plays just about every single game for us.  He’s not at his best right now.  Another attacking RB to offer some competition would be good.

He has been responsible for our last 3 goals conceded costing us 5 points.  He has to be held accountable for that but he won't. 

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He has been responsible for our last 3 goals conceded costing us 5 points.  He has to be held accountable for that but he won't. 

He could just as easily fire two brilliant crosses in to the box that result in the goals that win us the game tomorrow night.  This is just who he is.  

during last seasons Europa campaign he was one of the most highly ranked players during the group stages.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

He could just as easily fire two brilliant crosses in to the box that result in the goals that win us the game tomorrow night.  This is just who he is.  

during last seasons Europa campaign he was one of the most highly ranked players during the group stages.  

Fingers crossed he does. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Missed Jack coming over covering for him against Hearts  dont know why he tried to clear a ball that Goldson could have got quite easily.

Archived