Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Stats about Kamara claim he completed 55/56 passes, hardly shite 🧐 Helander, Barisic, Kent, Morelos and Barker were the standouts last night and I’ve praised them to the high heavens, as with McGregor and with Jack it was clearly a one off, unless he makes mistakes like that usually and I’m missing it? Course he doesn’t. Don’t be stupid. 

It’s not usual for him though, that’s the point.

Before the Young Boys and Hearts game how many times did Tavernier make mistakes directly leading to goals?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Never commented on Goldson, Davis, Jack, or Kamara so that’s false

You made quite a few posts about Tavernier being shite despite Kamara almost certainly being the worst player on the pitch last night and Jack making the mistake leading to the goal, why is that?

tenor.gif?itemid=5356849 

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5356849 

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Kamara, but he was guilty of dwelling on the ball far too often (and getting the ball took off him) and not being quick enough to pick a pass to get us up the pitch.

I find it strange how little Kamara has been focused on compared to Tavernier (I know Tavernier has made a few costly mistakes but he shouldn’t be made the whipping boy just yet), so far this season Kamara looks like half the player he was in the last six months of last season.

14 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Kamara, but he was guilty of dwelling on the ball far too often (and getting the ball took off him) and not being quick enough to pick a pass to get us up the pitch.

I find it strange how little Kamara has been focused on compared to Tavernier (I know Tavernier has made a few costly mistakes but he shouldn’t be made the whipping boy just yet), so far this season Kamara looks like half the player he was in the last six months of last season.

2000969003_OperaSnapshot_2019-10-25_105251_www.followfollow_com.thumb.png.7112ccca0892cdde25c14f1594346fce.png

Opera Snapshot_2019-10-25_105251_www.followfollow.com.png

Tavernier hasn’t been good so far this season but when people start using patter like “Tavlettes” and talking about supporters having “love heart locket way Tav's picture in it” - patter that you would expect from a 10 year old at best by the way - then you know the game is a bogey and any sort of serious conversation is out the window.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He has been fairly average relative to his performance against celtic at Ibrox in May, but thought last night he showed definite signs of improvement. Kept getting caught on his blindside because he wasn't aware of his surroundings, but his passing and general positional sense was alright I thought

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Tavernier hasn’t been good so far this season but when people start using patter like “Tavlettes” and talking about supporters having “love heart locket way Tav's picture in it” - patter that you would expect from a 10 year old at best by the way - then you know the game is a bogey.

One of the Moderators I wont say which one coined the phrase Taverfear in a match thread I am critical of players myself but I do find that a bit taig like.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Never said he didn’t make passes, did I?

How many of them weren’t just back to the centre backs or side to side?

I just pointed out the stats have to say I was surprised myself with them I'm still in a cloud of euphoria from last night and loving everyone..

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He has been fairly average relative to his performance against celtic at Ibrox in May, but thought last night he showed definite signs of improvement. Kept getting caught on his blindside because he wasn't aware of his surroundings, but his passing and general positional sense was alright I thought

Definitely better passing the ball, still hesitant to play it forward though.

You could also make a case for Tavernier showing signs of improvement as well tbf, he whipped in a corner that we hit the bar from as well as a cracking free kick that someone should have been on the end of, I also thought he also did well flicking the ball on from goal kicks.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Tavernier hasn’t been good so far this season but when people start using patter like “Tavlettes” and talking about supporters having “love heart locket way Tav's picture in it” - patter that you would expect from a 10 year old at best by the way - then you know the game is a bogey and any sort of serious conversation is out the window.

Aye, same when some laud him for making one good pass the whole game and found wanting the rest of it.

None of it detracts from what everyone sees before their eyes, good or bad.

You can't deny some do have a love affair with Tav and as much as those who decry him can be ott, it's no different when those lovers of him go ott in their defence of him when there is no defending him.

Football players at our club do get paid plenty cash from our pockets for doing something they love and lbh, I doubt any of them give one fuck what we think of them and none put bread on any of our tables, but we do on theirs, so I cannot see the big deal. Much of the hyperbole it is not meant and much used as point scoring and fuck all to do with a player.

Such is life on social media. I wouldn't take it so serious and all just want him back to form.

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

Calling someone dug shit when they’re dug shit is hatred? Does the same rules apply for Ojo. I take it you’re howling and greetin’ like this when he’s getting slated, aye? Naw? Maybe? 

Conveniently ignored my other comments, oh dear more selective nonsense. 

Ojo is also being picked on, ironically by many of those same 'pundits' who formed early 'opinions' on Morelos and Barisic to name but two.  Ojo fits non of the category of opinions aimed at him, he is young, came from a development structure and is learning the game.  Should he be learning at Ibrox, well that's another topic entirely.

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Conveniently ignored my other comments, oh dear more selective nonsense. 

Ojo is also being picked on, ironically by many of those same 'pundits' who formed early 'opinions' on Morelos and Barisic to name but two.  Ojo fits non of the category of opinions aimed at him, he is young, came from a development structure and is learning the game.  Should he be learning at Ibrox, well that's another topic entirely.

Do does calling someone who’s dug shit dug shit class as ‘hatred’ aye or not? 

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Parkhead away, Hibs away, so at least twice this year. 

Can’t comment on Parkhead away as I genuinely can’t remember it, Hibs away is a ridiculous example though as he should have had a stonewall free kick and then Candeias made an absolute arse of covering for him.

Even if you think both were his fault, it’d be extremely difficult to get another fullback that contributes to our attacking play like he does while also doing well defensively. We could get a defensive RB, but then Barisic would be the only player really creating anything.

I get that Tavernier’s a flawed player, I won’t deny that defensively he can often be suspect and he’s clearly low on confidence, but there’s no point abusing him as it’s not going to suddenly make him better. When he’s on form he can be brilliant to watch going forward, and it’s worth remembering that Barisic was absolutely despised by a large amount of people on here just 6 or 7 months ago. He exemplifies the reason I dislike excessively slagging off our players, they may end up making you look like a prick.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Do does calling someone who’s dug shit dug shit class as ‘hatred’ aye or not? 

Would necessarily depend on the context and how the comment was articulated, so if I may paraphrase King Kenny that'd be a "mibees aye and mibees naw.' 

Oh and neither Tavernier nor Ojo and "dug shit" only a person with a poor knowledge of football  would claim otherwise.   

Archived