Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

Just now, bluenoz said:

because he has done it once just like I forgave Tav after his mistake against celtic last year.  But then YB's and then Hearts.......

Simple. Polster.

Polster looked out his depth against east fife at right back 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He played RB once at the end of the season and we lost 2-1. He’s a decent defender but offers absolutely nothing in an attacking sense. 

Dropping Tav literally nullifies are most potent attacking threat - it’s nuts & I’m not sure right now I see anybody in the side capable of bridging that gap 

Do you not see the problem with your last paragraph, our system is 3 central mids, two wide forwards, and yet we are seemingly reliant on our right back being the most potent attacking threat, 

Why not try something completely out there, something unheard of, we get the defenders to defend and the midfielders to be the potent attacking threat, i know its completely unheard of but maybe worth a shout 🙄

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Ryan jack cost the goal on Thursday I’ve not heard a word about it that’s the difference 

Ryan jack gave the ball away and the porto boy fucked it right into the top bin from an angle that barely anyone would consider shooting from, another 99 times jack could play that slack pass and we dont concede, the goals tav has gave away have been way worse 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ryan jack gave the ball away and the porto boy fucked it right into the top bin from an angle that barely anyone would consider shooting from, another 99 times jack could play that slack pass and we dont concede, the goals tav has gave away have been way worse 

Tav lost the ball for young boys first that resulted in a cross Helender went for with the wrong foot and miss judged the ball for the second that Greegs should have saved , could be here all day going down that route , Jack cost the goal end of 

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If my aunty had balls she would be uncle and all that.

We won 2-1 today  and he set up the winner. That’s isn’t “stat loyal” anything, that is me watching the game that played out in front of me and stating two indisputable facts.

I’ve said countless times that he isn’t in good form but I’m not mental enough to think that dropping him for Matt Polster or John Flanagan is going to improve us as a team because it isn’t.:lol:

And how do you know it wont improve us as a team? Maybe if flanagan plays right back the midfield actually go about their business of trying to create chances themselves 

By your logic we should never replace anyone of our strongest 11 because it wouldn't improve us

The internet statistic boys like to rule rather than watching a game analytically. if you take every free kick and most corners like Tav does,  chances are your stats will increase. There will be no mention of Ryan Kent's flick to Barisic in the stat card on Thursday. Why doesn't someone post his pass/ratio  the way we saw Kamara's the other day? Because it would be abysmal.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Tav lost the ball for young boys first that resulted in a cross Helender went for with the wrong foot and miss judged the ball for the second that Greegs should have saved , could be here all day going down that route , Jack cost the goal end of 

Okay so jack cost us one goal, his performances this season have given him that leeway to recover from that, 

Tav's leeway is running out if not already gone, 

He’s the best full back in the league, still. 

Never hid today after a good performance on Thursday. He’s slowly getting back to his best which is what we need. 

He needs to be taken off penalties and set pieces though, Barisic should be hitting the majority of our free kicks and maybe pens as well

15 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Ryan jack cost the goal on Thursday I’ve not heard a word about it that’s the difference 

Nearly every goal in football stems from a mistake somewhere along the line from the opposition, be it a slack pass/missed tackle/poor marking/goalie error or whatever, Tavernier on song is pretty much irreplaceable at the minute his confidence is shot to pieces, I have half an inkling there might have been some transfer moves made for him which never topped out and fucked his head, this is my opinion only.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s the best full back in the league, still. 

Never hid today after a good performance on Thursday. He’s slowly getting back to his best which is what we need. 

He needs to be taken off penalties and set pieces though, Barisic should be hitting the majority of our free kicks and maybe pens as well

When staunch watching Rangers supporters like yourself say to me he is the best full back in the league ( we have a better one on the left side ), then either I have lost my mind or I know nothing about football.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Okay so jack cost us one goal, his performances this season have given him that leeway to recover from that, 

Tav's leeway is running out if not already gone, 

Tav's main problem is he fucks it up in the big games, it could be bad luck or it might just be he hasn't got what it takes in the bigger games. It's OK to fuck up in games where we win but when you are doing it in the big games it becomes more noticeable and you get questioned more.

I'm not a Tav fan and I have never seen the big deal but he needs to start looking at going back to the basics first. I was at the Hibs game we won 6-1 and he must have tried a long through ball to Alfie 4 or 5 times with them just going to the Hibs defender everytime, he doesn't have the passing of Pirlo and needs to start doing the easy stuff first.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

When staunch watching Rangers supporters like yourself say to me he is the best full back in the league ( we have a better one on the left side ), then either I have lost my mind or I know nothing about football.

I love Barisic, backed him from day one but to say he’s better than Tav cause he’s had an excellent 8 weeks is mental stuff haha. 

You quite literally know nothing about football if you think Tav isn’t the best full back in the league. 

@rangersdaklaxon

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And how do you know it wont improve us as a team? Maybe if flanagan plays right back the midfield actually go about their business of trying to create chances themselves 

By your logic we should never replace anyone of our strongest 11 because it wouldn't improve us

That’s not my logic at all though. If we were to sign an obviously stronger player than Tavernier then yes, replace him, but at as things stand the transfer window is shut and the alternatives we have are Flanagan or Polster, neither of whom are stronger than him and neither of whom will make us better as a team.

Do you really think Gerrard is going to rip up all of our system and our patterns of play so he can drop his captain and play a reserve right back who would get a nose bleed at the half way line instead?  There isn’t a manager anywhere who would do that unless his hand was forced through suspension or injury.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I love Barisic, backed him from day one but to say he’s better than Tav cause he’s had an excellent 8 weeks is mental stuff haha. 

You quite literally know nothing about football if you think Tav isn’t the best full back in the league. 

@rangersdaklaxon

Tav has had his moments in the past. A great athlete who never gets injured. Those are great attribute but you have blinkers on if you think he has played good football since July.

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That’s not my logic at all though. If we were to sign an obviously stronger player than Tavernier then yes, replace him, but at as things stand the transfer window is shut and the alternatives we have are Flanagan or Polster, neither of whom are stronger than him and neither of whom will make us better as a team.

Do you really think Gerrard is going to rip up all of our system and our patterns of play so he can drop his captain and play a reserve right back who would get a nose bleed at the half way line instead?  There isn’t a manager anywhere who would do that unless his hand was forced through suspension or injury.

How do you know they arent stronger than tav, they have never had a proper chance to replace him, 

31 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

@rangersdaklaxon

One is an international starting full back, the other played for 9 clubs (7 loan deals) by the time he was 23

If tav is a better fullback than barisic then southgate must be a cunt of a manager for not picking a right back whos better than the left back for the world cup runners up

Archived