Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Tav needs the help of a Sports Psychologist IMO because it is obvious his confidence has gone and maybe being captain is also playing on his mind in such an important season. 

Sport psychologist can’t tell 60% of ibrox to shut the fuck up 😂

The people who say Tavernier got us two points today refuse to see he cost us 5 points in recent games.  When I played the game, a winger took all the corners and  when we scored with headers in the box nothing was mentioned, it was their job to cross he ball.  It's not rocket science as a football player to hit a ball into the penalty box. Except to the internet stat loyal which makes Tavernier good. Any dream he has ever had of playing in the PL has been lost in the last four months.

Manager has proven he has the ability to get players through various issues, Katic, Morelos, Barisic yet the RM experts don't seem to have confidence he can get Tave thru the current slump.    Seems from the comment "James needs me at the moment" that both manager and captain are working together. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The people who say Tavernier got us two points today refuse to see he cost us 5 points in recent games. When I played the game, a winger took all the corners and  when we scored with headers in the box nothing was mentioned, it was their job to cross he ball.  It's not rocket science as a football player to hit a ball into the penalty box. Except to the internet stat loyal which makes Tavernier good. Any dream he has ever had of playing in the PL has been lost in the last four months.

I haven’t seen one person try to say that he wasn’t at fault against Young Boys or Hearts so you are speaking absolute shite here.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Manager has proven he has the ability to get players through various issues, Katic, Morelos, Barisic yet the RM experts don't seem to have confidence he can get Tave thru the current slump.    Seems from the comment "James needs me at the moment" that both manager and captain are working together. 

Katic & Barisic and Morelos (discipline) got dropped thru their issues and are now better for it. Perhaps sitting for a few games would do Tav the same.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Katic & Barisic and Morelos (discipline) got dropped thru their issues and are now better for it. Perhaps sitting for a few games would do Tav the same.

The manager dealt with all three issues -- he can deal with Tav based on his own football knowledge / experience. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Katic has been dropped for fuck all and still Is 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I haven’t seen one person try to say that he wasn’t at fault against Young Boys or Hearts so you are speaking absolute shite here.

isn't that enough reason to be dropped? Or perhaps his pass ratio today was atrocious? Or do we just love the fact that we scored on his corner that could have been taken by most?

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

isn't that enough reason to be dropped? Or perhaps his pass ratio today was atrocious? Or do we just love the fact that we scored on his corner that could have been taken by most?

For me no because like I’ve said about ten times now I don’t think either of the alternatives makes us a better team.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its a serious question, we have 3 possible right backs and one of them has played 99% of the games no matter his form, 

And why do you think that is? It’s obviously because nobody in our management team think they are better players than Tav and no matter how you are going to try and spin it and say that they have never had a chance to prove otherwise, they aren’t. There’s a clear pecking order at nearly every club in world football and we aren’t any different.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

For me no because like I’ve said about ten times now I don’t think either of the alternatives makes us a better team.

The problem I have with that is based on what? Flanagan played for Liverpool at right back who we have never saw in that position and Polster is someone you have no basis to make an assumption on ( neither do I ) ?

Archived