Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Sport psychologist can’t tell 60% of ibrox to shut the fuck up 😂

:lol:

I know what you mean mate but I genuinely think Tav needs help, he has never won anything as captain and I think it is a problem and I would be looking at any way that might help.

I will add the whole team could probably be helped by a S P especially this season and the pressure they are under to stop the tarriers winning another league title. We should be leaving no stone unturned in that quest. :thumbup:  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

:lol:

I know what you mean mate but I genuinely think Tav needs help, he has never won anything as captain and I think it is a problem and I would be looking at any way that might help.

I will add the whole team could probably be helped by a S P especially this season and the pressure they are under to stop the tarriers winning another league title. We should be leaving no stone unturned in that quest. :thumbup:  

👍🏻👌🏻

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Well I just watched the gaffers' interview. " we haven't got any options to replace him." No point me going on my rant anymore. At least we still have Polster burd in the background.....

Brian from east kilbride thinks S.G. said he has 2 players fighting for each position 

39 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Well I just watched the gaffers' interview. " we haven't got any options to replace him." No point me going on my rant anymore. At least we still have Polster burd in the background.....

He mentioned injuries to Flanagan when he said about the options to replace him. 

Overall but he's sticking by tav and looking for him to play through recent form. 

Tav is pish tbh. His pace gets him out of trouble but candeias covered his arse with his workrate and thats evident for all to see now.  Got to feel a bit for him in the fact he suffers from "the managers boy" complex in that hes obviously told hes to take all the free kicks and corners and that hes to be captain every week but the longer this goes on the less likely we are to punt him for anywhere near what our over inflated valuation of him is.  Pens now need to be morelos or defoe, fuckin stupid a striker doesnt boost his tally rather than a right back 

18 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Tav is pish tbh. His pace gets him out of trouble but candeias covered his arse with his workrate and thats evident for all to see now.  Got to feel a bit for him in the fact he suffers from "the managers boy" complex in that hes obviously told hes to take all the free kicks and corners and that hes to be captain every week but the longer this goes on the less likely we are to punt him for anywhere near what our over inflated valuation of him is.  Pens now need to be morelos or defoe, fuckin stupid a striker doesnt boost his tally rather than a right back 

Candeias 🤢

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

And why do you think that is? It’s obviously because nobody in our management team think they are better players than Tav and no matter how you are going to try and spin it and say that they have never had a chance to prove otherwise, they aren’t. There’s a clear pecking order at nearly every club in world football and we aren’t any different.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve always thought that was nothing more than birthday card pish from Gerrard. Tav isn’t the first to not earn his shirt under Gerrard and he won’t be the last. He has favourites, just like every other manager in football does.

So what is it, is it that we dont have a replacement for tav good enough or that gerrard has his favourites, because one makes him look way worse

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jbj, I don’t mind you at all but that is honestly one of the daftest posts I’ve ever witnessed on here, and yes I am aware I’ve made plenty before somebody else says it.

Do you honestly think tav is a better fullback than barisic, for all the issues barisic had last season he now looks injury free and settled in a brand new country and is consistently starting at left back for croatia, and I'll admit i didnt think barisic would settle here, some players just cant do it, but it doesnt mean they are instantly worse overall

A golden spell in an attacking sense for tav doesn't make him the best fullback in scotland, he's always been a defensive liability and no amount of assists will cover that for him

Tav has done well for us in his limited capabilites, but now we are under so much pressure to win the league his mistakes are glaring and becoming costly, sometimes a club just needs a defender to defend, walter understood that when he chopped and changed between whittaker and broadfoot at right back

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Greater strength in depth for every position bar the one which looked the least problematic ( ie the occasional defensive lapses were more than countered by  assists and penalties) over the past 18 months or so.

Needs sorted in the January window if it’s the case there are no options.

EDIT: just watched the interview. ‘Many’, not ‘any’

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Just watched the interview.

Gerrard said ‘many’, not ‘any’....

’we haven’t got many options’.

There is no doubt in my mind having listened to the clip that Flanagan would be playing were he fit and available but he isn’t so it’s Tav on the team sheet for the foreseeable.

He clearly see’s Polster as a midfielder.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what is it, is it that we dont have a replacement for tav good enough or that gerrard has his favourites, because one makes him look way worse

It’s both. Gerrard has his favourites but it’s easier to have favourites when one player is head and shoulders better than the other two options at the club in that position. It’s pretty common at just every every football club in the world so it’s not like it’s an anomaly that only we are seeing.

Tav is going through a bad run of form, it’s happens. Booing him, stripping him of the captaincy, dropping him isn’t going to help. The same people coming out with this nonsense are the ones who demanded we sold barasic a month ago. Get behind the player and he might get over this bump in the road and we can enjoy 2 flowing full backs.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you honestly think tav is a better fullback than barisic, for all the issues barisic had last season he now looks injury free and settled in a brand new country and is consistently starting at left back for croatia, and I'll admit i didnt think barisic would settle here, some players just cant do it, but it doesnt mean they are instantly worse overall

A golden spell in an attacking sense for tav doesn't make him the best fullback in scotland, he's always been a defensive liability and no amount of assists will cover that for him

Tav has done well for us in his limited capabilites, but now we are under so much pressure to win the league his mistakes are glaring and becoming costly, sometimes a club just needs a defender to defend, walter understood that when he chopped and changed between whittaker and broadfoot at right back

Yes.

Has he not got more assists so far this season than the player we just paid 7 million pounds for had all of last season?

Maybe he should punch Scott Brown.

Or kick him a few times like Arfield.

Maybe then he'll get away with more.

Then again he hasn't hid like Arfield has.

13 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Tav is going through a bad run of form, it’s happens. Booing him, stripping him of the captaincy, dropping him isn’t going to help. The same people coming out with this nonsense are the ones who demanded we sold barasic a month ago. Get behind the player and he might get over this bump in the road and we can enjoy 2 flowing full backs.

Who boos him? 

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes.

I'm a huge fan of Tav's. Everything about the guy is endearing to me, he's never hidden. Even when we were getting horsed at home or away by the horrors he kept going, played shite right enough, but never hid.

However, Barisic is looking like easily a better fullback overall. Lacks Tav's ability to go past people probably but seems to have all the defensive qualities Tav doesn't have. Couple that with his ability to put in a cross, a corner or a free kick and his athleticism.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I'm a huge fan of Tav's. Everything about the guy is endearing to me, he's never hidden. Even when we were getting horsed at home or away by the horrors he kept going, played shite right enough, but never hid.

However, Barisic is looking like easily a better fullback overall. Lacks Tav's ability to go past people probably but seems to have all the defensive qualities Tav doesn't have. Couple that with his ability to put in a cross, a corner or a free kick and his athleticism.

Tavernier can do all that though and is on a bad run of form. Barisic is the opposite and probably in the form of his life.

We're fortunate to have two excellent full backs.

Tav's made a few mistakes that unfortunately got punished but so have others, Goldson, Kamara, Jack.

As a team we need to cut out the silly errors.

Tav's a great penalty taker, excellent record from the spot last season. But he's missed a few this season so time for someone else to have a go.

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Even after sleeping on it I still can’t believe that there are people who have been trying to argue that Jon Flanagan or Matt Polster should be considered as potential first choice right backs for us.

What's the point in having them if they wouldn't be better than tav this season?

Archived