****The Official Rangers v Hamilton Match Thread****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Probably because the wrong players are rotated, morelos is on fire form wise, he should be given a chance to keep it going, tav and goldson arent playing well, they need a break to get their shit together

But morelos is dropped and the other 2 likely get another 90mins

Tav and Goldson aren't playing anywhere near as bad as a few hysterical people on here are making out tbh and they're more than good enough to play against Hamilton, they'll have 2 weeks after this game to have a break and "get their shit together".

This is exactly the type of game Defoe should be starting imo if not this game, then when should we use him? 

17 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

We’re going into an international break when he will probably play about 90 mins in 2 weeks. It’s not like playing today will wear him out. Thinking this is the easiest game we will play all season is completely the wrong approach and an attitude that causes dropped points.

I think we will win but I don’t like to see changes for the sake of it

I'd take a guess that it's for strategic reasons that Defoe is starting today. He's excellent in tight situations and we won't need anyone to hold the ball up. 

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Are we talking about Morelos? 

Defoe has scored 9 goals in 13 games - Gerrard isn't exactly replacing Morelos with Kevin Kyle here.

We are talking about the managers rotation or lack there of for certain players, despite form, fitness and over all condition.

1 minute ago, Bertent said:

We are talking about the managers rotation or lack there of for certain players, despite form, fitness and over all condition.

19 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Or possibly folk who have extracted their head from their arse and questioning the individual being rotated and the rationale behind it.

Make your mind up.

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because morelos is better, its a must win game, he's the top scorer and our best player

He is.

But, our problem is generally conceding goals, not scoring them.

Defoe will be fine.  I don’t have the same confidence in Tav or Goodson to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Finny said:

I'm a big katic fan and find the situation strange but looking forward to big edmunson looked a player whenever he's played. I'm looking for a good few of this mob today. Let's go!

its fucking strange, IMO he is our best CH and he is good at scoring too. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Make your mind up.

My mind was made up from the start. You are indeed a cock womble. 

But for avoidance of doubt, and ive typed slowly to cater for your comprehension skills, the manager was at pains to justify selections of certain individuals, you clearly are happy with that explanation and the dropping of individuals, the posts you were trying to be a smart arse about with your comment that lead to mine, were questioning why those players remain in the team, but you already knew that.

Wonder if enough players in the team will be 'at it' (to use a phrase Gerrard uses) right from the start.     One of those games where its a pish performance first half with goal chances being passed up only to have to hope that a Gerrard half time team talk somehow gees them up for the 2nd half is not what I'd want to be seeing.     Surely to fuck after the showing in midweek and with the incentive right before them to top the table today there will be enough zip, composure, class and goal scoring to get the job done today.   If they cannot be right up for a game like this in the circumstances presented to them then they never will.

Essential also to avoid being trapped into potential red card situations.

Hoping for a really good win and good performance today ……..and to top the league. 

2 minutes ago, Bertent said:

My mind was made up from the start. You are indeed a cock womble. 

But for avoidance of doubt, and ive typed slowly to cater for your comprehension skills, the manager was at pains to justify selections of certain individuals, you clearly are happy with that explanation and the dropping of individuals, the posts you were trying to be a smart arse about with your comment that lead to mine, were questioning why those players remain in the team, but you already knew 

Rude.

Archived