Did we freeze 5 weeks ago?

Thermopylae

With timothy having such poor domestic results since their win I can't help feeling that a good few of our players still find it difficult to carry the weight of expectation at a big club that comes from being the favourite in a cunch game.

I wonder though if that result will stand out like a sore thumb by the end of the season especially if as the last 2 games at Ibrox would suggest we are now really begin to find our feet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

With timothy having such poor domestic results since their win I can't help feeling that a good few of our players still find it difficult to carry the weight of expectation at a big club that comes from being the favorite in a cunch game.

I wonder though if that result will stand out like a sore thumb by the end of the season especially if as the last 2 games at Ibrrox would suggest we are now really begin to find our feet

For me it was a combination of things that day. Our guys looked a little jaded and there was no spark at all in the team. 

The other thing was the tactics. SG tried to flood the midfield to stop the mhanks which backfired as they sat in and parked the bus very similar to what St Mirren did..

Thankfully we seemed to have learned how to cope with this basic tactic by playing more ctossfield passes and player are far more willing to take a shot from outside the box. 

If we could play the tarriers 2moro even at the new camp I would gladly be emptying my betting account on a Rangers victory. 

No even any point in worrying about that day now.

We've reversed that and in some style. Gerrard won't make the same mistake again. So just enjoy going top rather than focusing on what happened over a month ago 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No even any point in worrying about that day now.

We've reversed that and in some style. Gerrard won't make the same mistake again. So just enjoy going top rather than focusing on what happened over a month ago 

Just annoying when you see timothy stumbling along now 

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

For me it was a combination of things that day. Our guys looked a little jaded and there was no spark at all in the team. 

The other thing was the tactics. SG tried to flood the midfield to stop the mhanks which backfired as they sat in and parked the bus very similar to what St Mirren did..

Thankfully we seemed to have learned how to cope with this basic tactic by playing more ctossfield passes and player are far more willing to take a shot from outside the box. 

If we could play the tarriers 2moro even at the new camp I would gladly be emptying my betting account on a Rangers victory. 

I have great hopes for the cup final ... what a way to start winning silverware again :pipe:

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

I have great hopes for the cup final ... what a way to start winning silverware again :pipe:

Whoaw tiger...... we aren't even in a cup final yet! Calm yer horses...... don't get me wrong Thermo , I expect us to reach the LCF but these things can come back and bite you on your arse...... lets take it one game at a time and just enjoy being top of the league for now mate.

20 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

With timothy having such poor domestic results since their win I can't help feeling that a good few of our players still find it difficult to carry the weight of expectation at a big club that comes from being the favorite in a cunch game.

I wonder though if that result will stand out like a sore thumb by the end of the season especially if as the last 2 games at Ibrrox would suggest we are now really begin to find our feet

Was that intentional?

The tactics were all wrong but if Goldson doesn't make that bad pass, it is a tie at worst. For the first 15-20 minutes of the second half, we destroyed them. Towards the end, gaps opened up and they had clear opportunities. We no longer fear them.

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Naw we got the tactics wrong and were just shite. We never froze

As much as I love SG ,I have to agree he made some mistakes in the last OF game but I'm confident he will have learned lessons from that match and we will improve in the next OF match.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Whoaw tiger...... we aren't even in a cup final yet! Calm yer horses...... don't get me wrong Thermo , I expect us to reach the LCF but these things can come back and bite you on your arse...... lets take it one game at a time and just enjoy being top of the league for now mate.

Memories of 98 :huh:

I predicted we would get a draw against them 5 weeks ago...and that's what I thought wud be the outcome..but yes as all yous above have rightly said we just deployed strange tactics that day. That mental block we had disappeared last season with the 6 points we took off them. So this season it was a difficult result to swallow but we've never put a foot wrong since and I thought at 130pm today why even check livis score..because I just thought celtic wud win...so am checking the score tapping the the side of my phone thinking there's some mistake Livi winning 2-0. Just didn't see that at all..our lass saying what's that grin on your face...I said I thought my phone was broke lol. Yes there will be twists n turns but I feel like gerrard has said beating killie etc is just as important as beating them. Everyone seems committed to the cause.

Our tactics and squad selection that day cost us.

We went with 5 midfielders and were looking to contain them. We didn't stick to the winning formula of pressing and attacking them relentlessly. 

Posted yesterday the lose however might turn out to be a good thing.

We've turned it right round and found our best form.  They are dropping points. 

Just need to maintain our form and press home the advantage we now have. 

Gerrard fucked it with that 4-5-1 formation.  No wingers, Aribo pushes out wide, tried to play ‘the block’.  Showed celtic far too much respect and was punished for it.  Hopefully he learns from it and it never happens again.

39 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo & Arfield. That’s what cost us! 5 predominantly central midfielders, against a piss poor defence!

Agree, we were running into each other out on the pitch and looked a bit lost.

Archived