Did we freeze 5 weeks ago?

Thermopylae

Tactics wrong, the manager felt he never had a wide man to rattle them so changed his tactics, with Kent being available this had been fixed. Flanagan was also an issue as they sat off him and gave him time on the mall but that’s not his game, he’s perfect for a battle when it needs a fight. What we needed was a full back comfortable on the ball going forward. At that stage we didn’t have that available 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had an off day.

To be brutally honest, celtic are a half decent team and there is not much between us. Some of these games we will win, some we will lose.

What we seem to have in our favour is a manager who seems to be able to man manage very well and have a great squad harmony. I can't help but feel they will be far more likely to turn on each other when things don't go their way.

As long as we keep the pressure on by beating everyone else, then I think they could go into meltdown.

Dropping silly points will give them the confidence they need. We have to keep the pressure on.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

With timothy having such poor domestic results since their win I can't help feeling that a good few of our players still find it difficult to carry the weight of expectation at a big club that comes from being the favorite in a cunch game.

I wonder though if that result will stand out like a sore thumb by the end of the season especially if as the last 2 games at Ibrrox would suggest we are now really begin to find our feet

I think Gerrard over thought the OF, the players showed them too much respect and they come and beat us at our own game, pressed us all game. We never showed up 

but no point crying over spilled milk  it’s gone we learn, we’ve been a good team to watch since then bar a blip against YB but we were still the better team in that game imo

just tell all the tims  you know

we’re tap of the league and you’re no

:UK:

17 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Tactics wrong, the manager felt he never had a wide man to rattle them so changed his tactics, with Kent being available this had been fixed. Flanagan was also an issue as they sat off him and gave him time on the mall but that’s not his game, he’s perfect for a battle when it needs a fight. What we needed was a full back comfortable on the ball going forward. At that stage we didn’t have that available 

Jones and Ojo were available that day.  He could’ve played them either side of the striker and had a go at their full-backs.  Instead, he chose to sit in and defend at Ibrox and we paid the price for it.  Sticking Aribo out wide left was a strange one.  Defoe was completely isolated that day.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

No even any point in worrying about that day now.

We've reversed that and in some style. Gerrard won't make the same mistake again. So just enjoy going top rather than focusing on what happened over a month ago 

It was a fucking horrible lesson, but one that might prove valuable for the rest of the season

Going to swim against the current a wee bit here.

Yes Gerrard fucked it, yes the team selection and tactics were wrong and yes our players never won their individual battles.

But, until we beat those beggar bastards in a game of meaning we will carry that weight around our neck. 

We had arguably our best domestic performance against a very poor Aberdeen side and we were on a totally different planet to Hamilton yesterday. 

we still need to take one game at a time as we are prone to a brain fart like the YB game but by the time the next OF game comes round, the proof of our champions credentials will be in the performance and result of that match. 

26 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

This nails it.

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Yes Gerrard fucked it, yes the team selection and tactics were wrong and yes our players never won their individual battles.

But, until we beat those beggar bastards in a game of meaning we will carry that weight around our neck. 

We had arguably our best domestic performance against a very poor Aberdeen side and we were on a totally different planet to Hamilton yesterday. 

we still need to take one game at a time as we are prone to a brain fart like the YB game but by the time the next OF game comes round, the proof of our champions credentials will be in the performance and result of that match. 

It was done last season

Until we get to a point where the players actually think we're in with a  proper shot of winning the title then we wont see if their bottle can handle it. Beat the taigs last year, had a break then came back and bottled it against Kille.

That's the only thing that held us back last season & think it'll be the only thing that does this one.

This Hearts away game after the international break where we've been top for a few weeks is massive, win that and make those cunts chase us knowing that every point they drop is huge

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

With timothy having such poor domestic results since their win I can't help feeling that a good few of our players still find it difficult to carry the weight of expectation at a big club that comes from being the favourite in a cunch game.

I wonder though if that result will stand out like a sore thumb by the end of the season especially if as the last 2 games at Ibrox would suggest we are now really begin to find our feet

We got our tactics all wrong and even so we were not completely outplayed. Our players underperformed, but that was partly due to the tactic issue and yes they deserved their win but it could easily have ended up 0-0 or 1-1.  Have said on other threads I would be more worried if we had been set up properly, played reasonably well and had got beaten by a better team, but we weren't  I genuinely think we will win at the Girodome this year for the first time for at least 8 years. 

SG was too worried about them and should have played the top11 and let them worry about us. Popcorn teeth hardly changed his team that had just got a result away from home in Europe so played, largely, the same team and tactics so they were well schooled in roles and responsibilities. We tinkered too much and made a simple game way too complicated. 

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

As much as I love SG ,I have to agree he made some mistakes in the last OF game but I'm confident he will have learned lessons from that match and we will improve in the next OF match.

Biggest error which I stated just before kick off was Jones should have started his pace against a make shift defence should have been utilised.  Then Ojo came on as a sub before Jones. No wonder he was pissed off.  Still don't condone his reckless challenge but could understand his frustration.  But I still back S.G.100%

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Jones and Ojo were available that day.  He could’ve played them either side of the striker and had a go at their full-backs.  Instead, he chose to sit in and defend at Ibrox and we paid the price for it.  Sticking Aribo out wide left was a strange one.  Defoe was completely isolated that day.

He obviously thought rightly or wrongly they weren’t up to the task. The point I’m making is if he had Kent available he would have started with him 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Are you saying last Decembers game had no meaning?

Archived