PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

Whatever you do.. do not put the PS5 in any compact spaces within your TV unit. It's one sweaty boy... Thermals are super hot and the cooling measures in place aren't super effective. On the upside your heating bills may drop.

Not expecting anyone to watch the below as it's pretty dull and techy, but the short in skinny is that you need to keep this bad boy in a well ventilated area.

53 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Whatever you do.. do not put the PS5 in any compact spaces within your TV unit. It's one sweaty boy... Thermals are super hot and the cooling measures in place aren't super effective. On the upside your heating bills may drop.

Not expecting anyone to watch the below as it's pretty dull and techy, but the short in skinny is that you need to keep this bad boy in a well ventilated area

Not as if that horrendous looking thing is going to fit nicely into any neat compartment in a TV unit anyway tbh. Would happily play demon souls on one right now though, but you’d have to agree the design is pretty daft.

55 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Not as if that horrendous looking thing is going to fit nicely into any neat compartment in a TV unit anyway tbh. Would happily play demon souls on one right now though, but you’d have to agree the design is pretty daft.

When horizontal it's like 0.2 inches taller and 2.5 inches longer than the fat PS3. It's big, but it's not as bad as some people make out. It will fit in most TV units unless you have tiny cubby holes that are only designed to hold cable/sat boxes.

I actually don't hate the design.. not overly a fan of the white but when my warranty expires that'll be getting recoloured(the white panels are easily removed)

I'm still more concerned about the thermal temps out the box. I dread to think 5 years from now when most peoples consoles will be filled with either dust, smokers gunk and pet hair...

4 hours ago, Iakona said:

Though I've just spotted cex are paying 650 cash for ps5's... Not a scalper by any means but 200 quid profit sounds quite nice.

Intentions are to keep it.. but I don't feel so bad at profiteering from cex.

Surely that's not the base ps5, theres no way cex would take a loss on stuff like this

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely that's not the base ps5, theres no way cex would take a loss on stuff like this

Yup. They are selling it for £815.00 - 10 or so in stock right now.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=sps5825gbw001&categoryName=playstation5-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-5-console-825gb-white-boxed

Seems they aren't above scalping themselves.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I picked up Cold War and my sister got me Miles Morales for my birthday next week, looking forward to playing the Spiderman game but likely won't have the time until the Christmas holidays. 

Spidey is fucking tremendous, get it played lol 

ok so i bit the bullet and with all the hype around it, managed to secure a ps5 from GAME. no idea when it will be shipped though. was quite funny, you had to queue online to order and i was following twitter to see if they had sold out. loads of folk had left the queue as it appeared it had. i jumped up 900 places in the queue in about 5 mins with people obviously leaving as it had sold out. however bundles hadn't! Almost grabbed some shitty merch (T shirt and Cap) for 479 but the extra controller bundle came in at 509 which worked out at £50 for the second pad, which will actually be useful. order confirmed and everything.

am i right in thinking theres free upgrades to PS5 with a lot of games? My OH is getting me a copy of FIFA 21 (PS4) which I think you just chuck the disc in and it downloads the PS5 version for you. Beats paying 60 quid for a PS5 disc.

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

am i right in thinking theres free upgrades to PS5 with a lot of games? My OH is getting me a copy of FIFA 21 (PS4) which I think you just chuck the disc in and it downloads the PS5 version for you. Beats paying 60 quid for a PS5 disc.

Not a huge amount but FIFA is one of them. 

Some of the ubisoft games are supposed to, but the upgrade facility is kinda broken for them.

6 hours ago, Iakona said:

Some of the ubisoft games are supposed to, but the upgrade facility is kinda broken for them.

That still the case? I had to create an account in Turkey the day I got the PS5 to get Valhalla upgraded. Something to do with them not unlocking the regions.

2 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

That still the case? I had to create an account in Turkey the day I got the PS5 to get Valhalla upgraded. Something to do with them not unlocking the regions.

Aye, last I heard they were working on a fix, but couldn't say when it'll be released.

I ended up just buying the ps5 version to be safe.