PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

5 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I'd have more luck trying to get Lucy Pinder to suck my cock than I'm having getting a ps5. 

I understand. Frustrating as hell trying to get one, but don’t give up.

What worked for me after about 2 weeks of trying to get one from various retailers was getting a disc edition through the Amazon Smile website as soon as they had a drop on there. Think most people were trying on the main Amazon website, while Amazon Smile was a breeze for me. Add the edition you want to your Wishlist and click the link through your wish list.

If you have Twitter and/or Discord then follow/join “PS5 Stock UK” too. They are pretty much on the ball to notify as soon as sites drop stock 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

I understand. Frustrating as hell trying to get one, but don’t give up.

What worked for me after about 2 weeks of trying to get one from various retailers was getting a disc edition through the Amazon Smile website as soon as they had a drop on there. Think most people were trying on the main Amazon website, while Amazon Smile was a breeze for me. Add the edition you want to your Wishlist and click the link through your wish list.

If you have Twitter and/or Discord then follow/join “PS5 Stock UK” too. They are pretty much on the ball to notify as soon as sites drop stock 👍🏼

I've got twitter and follow them but it hasn't worked yet I will keep trying. 

My girlfriend and our friends are all trying for me as well so I have plenty of chances. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Complete joke

I mean it's not. Alot of the factories in China etc were shut down during covid.

It's also worth noting Sony and Microsoft don't manufacture the Chips themselves, it's done by a company called AMD.

AMD do alot more than produce chips for games consoles... With a huge demand for all sorts of electronic hardware over the last year due to home working etc, they have to balance the needs of competing demands. If you think it's tough getting a ps5/series x try and buy a top tier graphics card for a pc right now. (Which are used for far more than gaming)

The materials used to manufacture chips are also finite. There's a vast number of different manufacturers beyond AMD(most don't even make console/pc parts) competing for these components right now... Which are being used for a variety of different industries that are far more important than gaming.

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah fuck it, will probably just grab a xbox if I find one soon. 

It's technically harder to get a Series X than a PS5 right now.

PS5's are dropping more frequently... Albeit they are still selling out almost instantly so it doesn't really feel like it.

Either way, the chips inside the PS5 are the same ones that are used inside the series x. So.. as above both Sony and Microsoft are currently struggling.

6 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It's technically harder to get a Series X than a PS5 right now.

PS5's are dropping more frequently... Albeit they are still selling out almost instantly so it doesn't really feel like it.

Either way, the chips inside the PS5 are the same ones that are used inside the series x. So.. as above both Sony and Microsoft are currently struggling.

Found it easier for a series X tbh. Got my brother one back in November from one of the drops Argos and had one in my basket for a Game one a few months back but shat it as I really wanted a PS5. 

It's a piss take how they have worked the drops as its a complete lottery. Was easy to get each generation on release date. 

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Found it easier for a series X tbh. Got my brother one back in November from one of the drops Argos and had one in my basket for a Game one a few months back but shat it as I really wanted a PS5. 

It's a piss take how they have worked the drops as its a complete lottery. Was easy to get each generation on release date. 

Aye I'm talking about right now though. The ps5 was initially harder to get for sure.

I still periodically follow the stock alerts and the ps5 is currently in stock more frequently than the series x.

As you said getting either really comes down to luck of the draw. Unfortunately the retailers aren't really arsed about who the console goes to... They got their money regardless.

Sony and Microsoft are doing everything they can to get consoles out there though. Truthfully I don't see this settling down until well into next year. Demand for technology is still unprecedented.

On 11/04/2021 at 15:32, Iakona said:

Aye I'm talking about right now though. The ps5 was initially harder to get for sure.

I still periodically follow the stock alerts and the ps5 is currently in stock more frequently than the series x.

As you said getting either really comes down to luck of the draw. Unfortunately the retailers aren't really arsed about who the console goes to... They got their money regardless.

Sony and Microsoft are doing everything they can to get consoles out there though. Truthfully I don't see this settling down until well into next year. Demand for technology is still unprecedented.

Its not the demand from consumers for the hardware, its the demand from manufacturers of the hardware. Theres a massive silicone shortage right now. The market is so mental currently that my 3 year old AMD 580 8gb is worth twice second hand right now than what it cost brand new 3 years ago. My mate sold his vega for double what he paid for it :lol:

26 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Its not the demand from consumers for the hardware, its the demand from manufacturers of the hardware. Theres a massive silicone shortage right now. The market is so mental currently that my 3 year old AMD 580 8gb is worth twice second hand right now than what it cost brand new 3 years ago. My mate sold his vega for double what he paid for it :lol:

I addressed that in the post further up when I said materials are finite and there's a lot of different industries competing for them.

But the shortage has absolutely intensified demand and even when production finally ramps up, there's a massive backlog of consumers and opportunists waiting to pounce because of the frenzy that has been generated. I mean loads of businesses have struggled over the last year to get office spec kits for home working - my partners work gave her a 6 year old piece of shit laptop cause that's all they could get. Lenovo shipped something like 87m laptops last year and they forecasted they could be pushing 300m in 2021. So even if supply picks up to somewhere near normal levels.. demands still going to be far too mental. (even when restrictions lift demand for home working is still going to be insane)

My 1660s that I paid £198 for was selling for £400 on eBay last week. 

On 13/04/2021 at 00:16, Iakona said:

I addressed that in the post further up when I said materials are finite and there's a lot of different industries competing for them.

But the shortage has absolutely intensified demand and even when production finally ramps up, there's a massive backlog of consumers and opportunists waiting to pounce because of the frenzy that has been generated. I mean loads of businesses have struggled over the last year to get office spec kits for home working - my partners work gave her a 6 year old piece of shit laptop cause that's all they could get. Lenovo shipped something like 87m laptops last year and they forecasted they could be pushing 300m in 2021. So even if supply picks up to somewhere near normal levels.. demands still going to be far too mental. (even when restrictions lift demand for home working is still going to be insane)

My 1660s that I paid £198 for was selling for £400 on eBay last week. 

Yeah the silicone shortage has caused chaos. Couldn't have happened at a worse time either. 4 new consoles. Think a few phone companies released new phones and then all the new gpus all in the space of 12-18 months.

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Finally getting stuck into Ghost of Tsushima. Looks gorgeous and buttery smooth 60fps. Glad I held off so I could play it on the ps5.

Wish you didn’t use the word buttery but I am gutted I can’t play it atm.