PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Manages to get a ps5 on that stock x for £520.00 i thought that was not bad and my daughter has been nipping my brain about wanting the ps4 in her room for ages now. She's fucking 7😂😂😂 any good recomendations on family games and also the best anyones played yet. 

4 hours ago, Finny said:

Manages to get a ps5 on that stock x for £520.00 i thought that was not bad and my daughter has been nipping my brain about wanting the ps4 in her room for ages now. She's fucking 7😂😂😂 any good recomendations on family games and also the best anyones played yet. 

2 player couch co op?? Sackboy is pretty good. Ratchet and clank as well but that's single player and u can tweak the difficulty as well. My 8 year old son played it when I was at work and completed the story. Was fucking raging.

But for a 7 year old do what I do and buy the rataliaka games when they are in the sales. Usually between 99p and 1.99 and most are similar to the old Mario games etc. Platinum most in an hour or 2 max as well if that's your thing.  Keeps my 2 youngest ones amused when they have 4 or 5 new games and they don't really look into the gfx etc 

im playing jedi the fallen order just now and it looks brilliant and its one of the best jedi games but maybe i think that because its more like a good tomb raider game i hope the creators of the tomb raider games have  played it and takes its lead for the new games as the last ones weren't that great

On 24/06/2021 at 21:34, Rowley Birkin said:

im playing jedi the fallen order just now and it looks brilliant and its one of the best jedi games but maybe i think that because its more like a good tomb raider game i hope the creators of the tomb raider games have  played it and takes its lead for the new games as the last ones weren't that great

it doesn’t quite lace rise or shadow of the tomb raiders boots tbh, but the part when you’re in the jungle is right up there with a tomb raider quality of game.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

it doesn’t quite lace rise or shadow of the tomb raiders boots tbh, but the part when you’re in the jungle is right up there with a tomb raider quality of game.

i have to disagree with you there the last couple of TR games do anything but raid tombs its all about upgrading your weapons and shooting bad guys very little in puzzles and adventuring 

the part where you are in both tombs was like playing tomb raider the way it should be

6 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i have to disagree with you there the last couple of TR games do anything but raid tombs its all about upgrading your weapons and shooting bad guys very little in puzzles and adventuring 

the part where you are in both tombs was like playing tomb raider the way it should be

went and done all challenge tombs in main game and dlc in shadow of the tomb raider if you thought it was lacking puzzles, there are plenty there, pretty fun too tbh.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

went and done all challenge tombs in main game and dlc in shadow of the tomb raider if you thought it was lacking puzzles, there are plenty there, pretty fun too tbh.

i got 100% on one game and 97%? i think on the other i just couldnt be bothered waiting on plants or wolves to respawn to get the one upgrade to make it 100%

ive played all the TR games even croft go was more TR than the last couple of square enix games

18 hours ago, CR3 said:

18 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i got 100% on one game and 97%? i think on the other i just couldnt be bothered waiting on plants or wolves to respawn to get the one upgrade to make it 100%

ive played all the TR games even croft go was more TR than the last couple of square enix games

I preferred rise of the tomb raider over shadow, felt rise had the right mix of both action and puzzle solving, whereas shadow seemed to be just puzzle after puzzle, i ran about doing tombs and stuff for hours and barely fought anyone other than animals in the wild

Fallen order is good that it has a mix of puzzles and combat

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I preferred rise of the tomb raider over shadow, felt rise had the right mix of both action and puzzle solving, whereas shadow seemed to be just puzzle after puzzle, i ran about doing tombs and stuff for hours and barely fought anyone other than animals in the wild

Fallen order is good that it has a mix of puzzles and combat

Think I was wanting fallen order to have sekiro quality combat but it’s pretty much impossible to beat fromsoftwares combat, it was definitely alright though. As for shadow of the tomb raider, it’s one of the nicest games in HDR I’ve ever seen so for what it lacked in some of those things I just gave it a pass walking about in awe at how good it looked. Just to check did you play it with all the bells and whistles ie 4k HDR on

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Think I was wanting fallen order to have sekiro quality combat but it’s pretty much impossible to beat fromsoftwares combat, it was definitely alright though. As for shadow of the tomb raider, it’s one of the nicest games in HDR I’ve ever seen so for what it lacked in some of those things I just gave it a pass walking about in awe at how good it looked. Just to check did you play it with all the bells and whistles ie 4k HDR on

Nah, don't get me wrong, shadow and rise were glorious, the weather climates, the environments etc, both were fantastic games in their own right, i just didnt like shadows lack of action, i didnt even finish it as i literally spent hours just puzzle solving carrying a full compliment of ammo etc and nothing to use it on

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah, don't get me wrong, shadow and rise were glorious, the weather climates, the environments etc, both were fantastic games in their own right, i just didnt like shadows lack of action, i didnt even finish it as i literally spent hours just puzzle solving carrying a full compliment of ammo etc and nothing to use it on

Not really a fan of shooting terrible AI for too long, too often then it would just be like a Ubisoft game😂 gets extremely boring.

20 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Not really a fan of shooting terrible AI for too long, too often then it would just be like a Ubisoft game😂 gets extremely boring.

Thats why I liked rise, it was a good blend, you'd have an action scene then a few tombs, then more action, it mixed it up a good bit

Shadow i remembered one major action scene then loads and loads of puzzles, i got bored lol

On 08/07/2021 at 19:49, Marky. said:

Finished the main story of Miles Morales. Really enjoyed it as I knew I would. Will finish the collectibles then I’ll need something new!

What did you prefer, spiderman or MM? As a game on a whole i probably preferred spideman due to its longer storyline and varied enemies, however, MM set in the winter made the landscape utterly fantastic to swing through and play in, the snow made new york look so much better i think, 

Plus i also liked how when you were swinging as miles, he looked very awkward and all over the place, gave you the feeling that he is still in training as spiderman

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What did you prefer, spiderman or MM? As a game on a whole i probably preferred spideman due to its longer storyline and varied enemies, however, MM set in the winter made the landscape utterly fantastic to swing through and play in, the snow made new york look so much better i think, 

Plus i also liked how when you were swinging as miles, he looked very awkward and all over the place, gave you the feeling that he is still in training as spiderman

It’s hard to top the original. It’s story is so well written too. Both play so similarly with obvious tweaks here and there for both characters. As you say, the individuality of Miles’ character when playing MM is superb, but it suffers from a lack of depth for me in story.

The whole story just seems to be another introduction to a different collectable, which definitely helps the game’s runtime, but am I harsh in calling it lazy too? Original did the same but has the benefit of a better, more engaging and much longer story.

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

It’s hard to top the original. It’s story is so well written too. Both play so similarly with obvious tweaks here and there for both characters. As you say, the individuality of Miles’ character when playing MM is superb, but it suffers from a lack of depth for me in story.

The whole story just seems to be another introduction to a different collectable, which definitely helps the game’s runtime, but am I harsh in calling it lazy too? Original did the same but has the benefit of a better, more engaging and much longer story.

I have a feeling that MM was originally designed as a dlc for spiderman, until it either got out of control financially or someone got greedy and seen it could be a standalone, either way it was shipped standalone to make money, fair play at least it wasnt rushed, riddled with bugs, unplayable etc, yeah i agree it lacked depth as well, 

Next one has to be a dual game, both spidermen in action, with options to control either, bigger map, new york, and the islands, add in full rykers prison and the raft, make new york bigger, add in the islands that were missed previously

Oh and how good would it be to see some other superheroes, imagine a team up mission with daredevil, or in the middle of a dangerous fight luke cage and iron fist come to help (i know they will never be in it due to sony and marvel being different, shame though) 

I have a feeling that MM was originally designed as a dlc for spiderman, until it either got out of control financially or someone got greedy and seen it could be a standalone, either way it was shipped standalone to make money, fair play at least it wasnt rushed, riddled with bugs, unplayable etc, yeah i agree it lacked depth as well, 

Next one has to be a dual game, both spidermen in action, with options to control either, bigger map, new york, and the islands, add in full rykers prison and the raft, make new york bigger, add in the islands that were missed previously

Oh and how good would it be to see some other superheroes, imagine a team up mission with daredevil, or in the middle of a dangerous fight luke cage and iron fist come to help (i know they will never be in it due to sony and marvel being different, shame though) 

I’m sure it was confirmed as much. Definitely a DLC. I wonder if Square Enid’s Avengers and (admittedly terrible looking) Guardians games will somehow link in. I assume not due to the Sony situation as you rightly say.

Next steps look clear anyway in terms of story following both post credit scenes. Looking forward to seeing where they go with that.

Absolutely love Spider-man games. It’s the perfect concept for a video game when done right. I’ve said many times on here how Spider-Man 2 is one of my favourite games ever, these two encapsulated what was so good about that game too.

20 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I’m sure it was confirmed as much. Definitely a DLC. I wonder if Square Enid’s Avengers and (admittedly terrible looking) Guardians games will somehow link in. I assume not due to the Sony situation as you rightly say.

Next steps look clear anyway in terms of story following both post credit scenes. Looking forward to seeing where they go with that.

Absolutely love Spider-man games. It’s the perfect concept for a video game when done right. I’ve said many times on here how Spider-Man 2 is one of my favourite games ever, these two encapsulated what was so good about that game too.

I never played spiderman 2, but when i seen the videos of spiderman for the ps4 i had to get it, the actual web swinging os utterly fantastic, they can put whatever they want in a spiderman game, if they dont get the web swinging right then its fucked, 

Insomniac got it spot on, along with the rest of the game, 

I never played spiderman 2, but when i seen the videos of spiderman for the ps4 i had to get it, the actual web swinging os utterly fantastic, they can put whatever they want in a spiderman game, if they dont get the web swinging right then its fucked, 

Insomniac got it spot on, along with the rest of the game, 

First time they got it right since Spider-man 2. Finally did it justice - and some!