PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, watty. said:

I'm on the fence with forbidden West mate.i loved zero Dawn,the gameplay,graphics and soundtrack were amazing.however aloy has to be 1 of the most insufferable cunts I've had in gaming.such an uppity,overly sarcastic, man hating bitch,which I found odd considering she was raised from a baby by rost.i fear it will be more of the same from her in the next installment I'm afraid.

not sure about the setting either.looks very tropical/Caribbean,while zero dawn had that apocalypse/urban look it.

Looking forward to god of war,even tho it looks like a dlc add on to the last one.

horizon is set on the west coast theres screenshots of the golden gate bridge and other landmarks from the game, i didnt find her a man hater but maybe i was just enjoying the gameplay too much and i got the DLC which is not bad

theres another game that was shown at launch called pragmata that looked good but like elder scrolls 6 they'll more than likely be on the PS6

13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Is it worth upgrading to a 4k TV for the PS5?

Absolutely mate,the ps5 and games were made with 4k in mind.would be a massive disservice to yourself if you didn't.can get 4k tvs relatively cheap these days.i paid 650 for a 4k 65 inch phillips ambilight,love it.

would like to get an oled TV,but the prices at the moment are crazy,talking around 3 to 4 grand for a decent 1.

9 hours ago, watty. said:

Absolutely mate,the ps5 and games were made with 4k in mind.would be a massive disservice to yourself if you didn't.can get 4k tvs relatively cheap these days.i paid 650 for a 4k 65 inch phillips ambilight,love it.

would like to get an oled TV,but the prices at the moment are crazy,talking around 3 to 4 grand for a decent 1.

Yeah same couldn't justify one of those. A 65 inch 4k hdmi 2.1 for 650 will do meĀ 

On 15/10/2021 at 16:03, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Bought Tony Hawk 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition for Ā£30 from PS Store before I left for work today, so it should be ready for me to play next time I get on PS5. Let the nostalgia trip commence :D

I got them at Christmas. Played a bit, but wasnā€™t quite living up to the memory of it to be honest. Bet most ps1 / 2 games probably donā€™t hold up.Ā 

Had the PS5 a good few months, but really struggling to get my teeth into anything. Got sucked into FIFA21, played a bit of GoT, finished Astroā€™s playroom and starter Days Gone - nothing is really doing to for me though.Ā 

Hoping we get a run of decent games coming out soon.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I got them at Christmas. Played a bit, but wasnā€™t quite living up to the memory of it to be honest. Bet most ps1 / 2 games probably donā€™t hold up.Ā 

Had the PS5 a good few months, but really struggling to get my teeth into anything. Got sucked into FIFA21, played a bit of GoT, finished Astroā€™s playroom and starter Days Gone - nothing is really doing to for me though.Ā 

when the xbox and the PS5 where revealed there was plenty if in the know people saying that sony held off releasing AAA titles at launch and soon after when they realised just how poor the xbox games where so it looks like next year we are getting a whack of good games

Ā 

i played a few old PS1/2 games and couldnt believe how bad the controls where on most of them including vice city and then there whereĀ  the camera angles that where nothing but looking at walls

thank fuck a few are getting remastered like vice city i hope they do the same with the likes of primal or the getaway they are screaming out for a remaster

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I've got PSnow cause my girlfriends mum bought it for my Christmas last year and fallout 76 is on that and it's actually a great game for killing time if you've not played that yet.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

when the xbox and the PS5 where revealed there was plenty if in the know people saying that sony held off releasing AAA titles at launch and soon after when they realised just how poor the xbox games where so it looks like next year we are getting a whack of good games

Ā 

i played a few old PS1/2 games and couldnt believe how bad the controls where on most of them including vice city and then there whereĀ  the camera angles that where nothing but looking at walls

thank fuck a few are getting remastered like vice city i hope they do the same with the likes of primal or the getaway they are screaming out for a remaster

The ps1 games were great but they are very much of their generation now and they absolutely suck nowadays especially things like the crash and Spyro remasters.Ā 

Ā 

I have zero hope for gta's.Ā 

15 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Only played THPS2 for a few hours so far. Really enjoying it.

Each to their own, but I've played a number of games now on PS5 which I've thought were excellent.

Can recommend The Pathless, Hitman 3 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. I've already played through God of War and Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4, but I have no doubts that they would be insanely good to play through on PS5.

does anyone else have a problem with if they come out of the HDMI channel the PS5 is on then go back to it the ratio has changed to a 4:3?

or does anyone know of a fix for it

ive set my Tv to the 16:9 ratio but it still goes to a 4:3 oddly enough the only temporary solution ive got is to go into the resolution on the PS5 and change it from 4k to anything else that then sets the ratio back

22 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've got PSnow cause my girlfriends mum bought it for my Christmas last year and fallout 76 is on that and it's actually a great game for killing time if you've not played that yet.Ā 

The ps1 games were great but they are very much of their generation now and they absolutely suck nowadays especially things like the crash and Spyro remasters.Ā 

Ā 

I have zero hope for gta's.Ā 

Thatā€™s a good shout. I was weirdly obsessed with Fallout 4. Played it for about a year straight.Ā 

10 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Only played THPS2 for a few hours so far. Really enjoying it.

Each to their own, but I've played a number of games now on PS5 which I've thought were excellent.

Can recommend The Pathless, Hitman 3 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. I've already played through God of War and Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4, but I have no doubts that they would be insanely good to play through on PS5.

Never played God of War. Might give it a bash.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thatā€™s a good shout. I was weirdly obsessed with Fallout 4. Played it for about a year straight.Ā 

I think Now is like a fiver a month or something as well so it's decent as well there's loads of games there too including New Vegas.Ā 

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Never played God of War. Might give it a bash.

Wha?! Youā€™re missing out big time! One of the best games Iā€™ve ever played. Soundtrack is incredible too. If you play it on PS5 with the enhanced performance mode, Iā€™ll be very surprised if youā€™re not impressed.

1 hour ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Wha?! Youā€™re missing out big time! One of the best games Iā€™ve ever played. Soundtrack is incredible too. If you play it on PS5 with the enhanced performance mode, Iā€™ll be very surprised if youā€™re not impressed.

Ragnarok is going to be top drawer.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a PS5 no problem recently from Very but my sister in law has been trying like fuck the past few weeks for my nephew's Christmas with no luck. I've been checking the blog from the Independent for her as well but struggling myself. Anybody got any ideas?