PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

38 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I managed to get a PS5 no problem recently from Very but my sister in law has been trying like fuck the past few weeks for my nephew's Christmas with no luck. I've been checking the blog from the Independent for her as well but struggling myself. Anybody got any ideas?

Mate Argos and Amazon had a stock over last few days.

Argos was today 

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I managed to get a PS5 no problem recently from Very but my sister in law has been trying like fuck the past few weeks for my nephew's Christmas with no luck. I've been checking the blog from the Independent for her as well but struggling myself. Anybody got any ideas?

Download the hotstock app from the Google playstore and set up alerts. It's not a guarantee and you still need to be rapid/lucky, but it increases your chances considerably. 

I managed to get a series x within 36 hours of installing it. 

A side tip is to have accounts created and automatically signed in for all the main retailers(argos, very, amazon,game etc).. Having a payment card pre-saved to the account can also help.

You wouldn't think so, but the 15-30 seconds this saves can make all the difference for getting through the checkout successfully.

On 29/10/2021 at 01:30, Iakona said:

Download the hotstock app from the Google playstore and set up alerts. It's not a guarantee and you still need to be rapid/lucky, but it increases your chances considerably. 

I managed to get a series x within 36 hours of installing it. 

A side tip is to have accounts created and automatically signed in for all the main retailers(argos, very, amazon,game etc).. Having a payment card pre-saved to the account can also help.

You wouldn't think so, but the 15-30 seconds this saves can make all the difference for getting through the checkout successfully.

Cheers for this advice mate. Downloaded the app last Friday and got alerts regarding stock on Sunday evening from Shopto, which I thought was an odd time for a PS5 drop. Didn't fancy my chances either when I was over 12,000th in the queue but after about an hour it put me through to the site and I managed to get a PS5 as part of a bundle. DPD have just delivered it now so my nephew is going to be well chuffed at Christmas. Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Cheers for this advice mate. Downloaded the app last Friday and got alerts regarding stock on Sunday evening from Shopto, which I thought was an odd time for a PS5 drop. Didn't fancy my chances either when I was over 12,000th in the queue but after about an hour it put me through to the site and I managed to get a PS5 as part of a bundle. DPD have just delivered it now so my nephew is going to be well chuffed at Christmas. Thanks again. 

No bother bud, its a super handy wee app. Did you pay the 4.99 or just get one using the free alerts? 

Either way you'll be the favourite unlce this year! 

33 minutes ago, Iakona said:

No bother bud, its a super handy wee app. Did you pay the 4.99 or just get one using the free alerts? 

Either way you'll be the favourite unlce this year! 

Nah I just stuck with the free alerts. I noticed that if you pay you get priority over them but not sure how long the delay in the free alerts is compared to the paid ones. If I didn't get any joy after a week or so I might have considered it but got one now so app deleted 😂

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Finally got a ps5 on very this morning, stock informer sent notifications out, managed to blag one of the last ones, ps5, controller, new cod, and headset for 609 quid, delivered in 2 weeks, well buzzin

Brilliant mate,you're in for a treat.going from 30fps to 60fps is a game changer man.

Just had an email from Playstation stating you can now order PS5 directly from them if you're a PS Plus subscriber.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/hardware/ps5

Edit: Showing as Out of Stock...must've gone quickly or there was never any to buy in the first place xD

Is anyone looking for a PS5? I’ve just got the email from Currys as a VIP and have a code to go in and purchase a bundle.

I’ve already got one though. No use to me.

Anyone been struggling and fancy the code?

@The Godfather were you still going to wait or did you get one? Anyone else maybe I’ve not picked up in looking for one?

43 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Is anyone looking for a PS5? I’ve just got the email from Currys as a VIP and have a code to go in and purchase a bundle.

I’ve already got one though. No use to me.

Anyone been struggling and fancy the code?

@The Godfather were you still going to wait or did you get one? Anyone else maybe I’ve not picked up in looking for one?

He got one mate,but hats off to you for doing that mate,I'm sure there'll defo be a few on here that are looking for 1.

9 minutes ago, watty. said:

He got one mate,but hats off to you for doing that mate,I'm sure there'll defo be a few on here that are looking for 1.

No worries thanks mate I haven’t caught up clearly!

More than happy to help, no use to me and someone could make their kids (or themselves) very happy this Christmas!

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Stock informer has been indicating drops nearly everyday now for a week, defo sign up for that if anyone is looking for one 

Mine came today, just setting it up and transferring the ps4 data the now, got it a week early which was nice surprise 

Mate you don't need to transfer ps4 data will take hours.all your saves should be in the cloud if your on ps plus,I didn't and all my saves,friends etc were there when I signed in with my account details.

10 minutes ago, watty. said:

Mate you don't need to transfer ps4 data will take hours.all your saves should be in the cloud if your on ps plus,I didn't and all my saves,friends etc were there when I signed in with my account details.

Ah well I've started it anyway, got stuff to do today and didn't expect it to arrive so will just bite the bullet and let it run while i do manly chores around house etc (anything good on netflix 😂😂