PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

15 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I got them at Christmas. Played a bit, but wasn’t quite living up to the memory of it to be honest. Bet most ps1 / 2 games probably don’t hold up. 

Had the PS5 a good few months, but really struggling to get my teeth into anything. Got sucked into FIFA21, played a bit of GoT, finished Astro’s playroom and starter Days Gone - nothing is really doing to for me though. 

Hoping we get a run of decent games coming out soon.

Only played THPS2 for a few hours so far. Really enjoying it.

Each to their own, but I've played a number of games now on PS5 which I've thought were excellent.

Can recommend The Pathless, Hitman 3 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. I've already played through God of War and Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4, but I have no doubts that they would be insanely good to play through on PS5.

does anyone else have a problem with if they come out of the HDMI channel the PS5 is on then go back to it the ratio has changed to a 4:3?

or does anyone know of a fix for it

ive set my Tv to the 16:9 ratio but it still goes to a 4:3 oddly enough the only temporary solution ive got is to go into the resolution on the PS5 and change it from 4k to anything else that then sets the ratio back

22 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've got PSnow cause my girlfriends mum bought it for my Christmas last year and fallout 76 is on that and it's actually a great game for killing time if you've not played that yet. 

The ps1 games were great but they are very much of their generation now and they absolutely suck nowadays especially things like the crash and Spyro remasters. 

I have zero hope for gta's. 

That’s a good shout. I was weirdly obsessed with Fallout 4. Played it for about a year straight. 

10 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Only played THPS2 for a few hours so far. Really enjoying it.

Each to their own, but I've played a number of games now on PS5 which I've thought were excellent.

Can recommend The Pathless, Hitman 3 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. I've already played through God of War and Final Fantasy 7 remake on PS4, but I have no doubts that they would be insanely good to play through on PS5.

Never played God of War. Might give it a bash.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s a good shout. I was weirdly obsessed with Fallout 4. Played it for about a year straight. 

I think Now is like a fiver a month or something as well so it's decent as well there's loads of games there too including New Vegas. 

graeme_4 likes this

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Never played God of War. Might give it a bash.

Wha?! You’re missing out big time! One of the best games I’ve ever played. Soundtrack is incredible too. If you play it on PS5 with the enhanced performance mode, I’ll be very surprised if you’re not impressed.

graeme_4 and BridgeIsBlue like this

1 hour ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Wha?! You’re missing out big time! One of the best games I’ve ever played. Soundtrack is incredible too. If you play it on PS5 with the enhanced performance mode, I’ll be very surprised if you’re not impressed.

Ragnarok is going to be top drawer. 

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a PS5 no problem recently from Very but my sister in law has been trying like fuck the past few weeks for my nephew's Christmas with no luck. I've been checking the blog from the Independent for her as well but struggling myself. Anybody got any ideas?

38 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I managed to get a PS5 no problem recently from Very but my sister in law has been trying like fuck the past few weeks for my nephew's Christmas with no luck. I've been checking the blog from the Independent for her as well but struggling myself. Anybody got any ideas?

Mate Argos and Amazon had a stock over last few days.

Argos was today 

Jamie0202 likes this

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate Argos and Amazon had a stock over last few days.

Argos was today 

Aye looks like there's no shortcuts and she'll just have to keep persevering. Game had a drop today apparently but was sold out in 45 minutes.

RFC55 likes this

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye looks like there's no shortcuts and she'll just have to keep persevering. Game had a drop today apparently but was sold out in 45 minutes.

45 Minutes is way better than it used to be.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Download the hotstock app from the Google playstore and set up alerts. It's not a guarantee and you still need to be rapid/lucky, but it increases your chances considerably. 

I managed to get a series x within 36 hours of installing it. 

A side tip is to have accounts created and automatically signed in for all the main retailers(argos, very, amazon,game etc).. Having a payment card pre-saved to the account can also help.

You wouldn't think so, but the 15-30 seconds this saves can make all the difference for getting through the checkout successfully.

RFC55, Jamie0202, CR3 and 1 other like this

On 29/10/2021 at 01:30, Iakona said:

Download the hotstock app from the Google playstore and set up alerts. It's not a guarantee and you still need to be rapid/lucky, but it increases your chances considerably. 

I managed to get a series x within 36 hours of installing it. 

A side tip is to have accounts created and automatically signed in for all the main retailers(argos, very, amazon,game etc).. Having a payment card pre-saved to the account can also help.

You wouldn't think so, but the 15-30 seconds this saves can make all the difference for getting through the checkout successfully.

Cheers for this advice mate. Downloaded the app last Friday and got alerts regarding stock on Sunday evening from Shopto, which I thought was an odd time for a PS5 drop. Didn't fancy my chances either when I was over 12,000th in the queue but after about an hour it put me through to the site and I managed to get a PS5 as part of a bundle. DPD have just delivered it now so my nephew is going to be well chuffed at Christmas. Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Cheers for this advice mate. Downloaded the app last Friday and got alerts regarding stock on Sunday evening from Shopto, which I thought was an odd time for a PS5 drop. Didn't fancy my chances either when I was over 12,000th in the queue but after about an hour it put me through to the site and I managed to get a PS5 as part of a bundle. DPD have just delivered it now so my nephew is going to be well chuffed at Christmas. Thanks again. 

No bother bud, its a super handy wee app. Did you pay the 4.99 or just get one using the free alerts? 

Either way you'll be the favourite unlce this year! 

33 minutes ago, Iakona said:

No bother bud, its a super handy wee app. Did you pay the 4.99 or just get one using the free alerts? 

Either way you'll be the favourite unlce this year! 

Nah I just stuck with the free alerts. I noticed that if you pay you get priority over them but not sure how long the delay in the free alerts is compared to the paid ones. If I didn't get any joy after a week or so I might have considered it but got one now so app deleted 😂

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Finally got a ps5 on very this morning, stock informer sent notifications out, managed to blag one of the last ones, ps5, controller, new cod, and headset for 609 quid, delivered in 2 weeks, well buzzin

Brilliant mate,you're in for a treat.going from 30fps to 60fps is a game changer man.

Jimbeamjunior likes this