PlayStation 5

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Until you see the pre-order price for some of the games.

£69.99 for Demon Souls

https://www.game.co.uk/en/demon-s-souls-2623949

If that's Sony's intention, i'd be staying well clear of the digital console

Game are rip off bastards always have been, sooner they go under the better. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hopefully it is GAME being GAME.... but I reckon the RRP may go up this gen. There's been quite a lot of talk recently within the industry about an overdue price hike due to the increased development costs. Amazon are apparently putting their stuff up for pre-order at 9am, so it will be interesting to see how they price it.

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Seem Smyths are 69.99 too.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-games/demon’s-souls-ps5/p/191454

A quick google shows Sony confirmed their first party pricing in a press release earlier.

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – £51.99 / US$49.99 / ¥5,900 / €59.99  (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – £59.99 / US$59.99 / ¥6,900 / €69.99 ( (RRP)

37 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Until you see the pre-order price for some of the games.

£69.99 for Demon Souls

https://www.game.co.uk/en/demon-s-souls-2623949

If that's Sony's intention, i'd be staying well clear of the digital console

Tbh I only play about 3 or 4 games so I'm no bothered. 

25 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Seem Smyths are 69.99 too.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-games/demon’s-souls-ps5/p/191454

A quick google shows Sony confirmed their first party pricing in a press release earlier.

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – £51.99 / US$49.99 / ¥5,900 / €59.99  (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – £69.99 / US$69.99 / ¥7,900 / €79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – £59.99 / US$59.99 / ¥6,900 / €69.99 ( (RRP)

ShinySelfassuredDevilfish-size_restricted.gif.45f0d5490f0192e9e25e34e5b92d6f24.gif

I know a lot of people on here will disagree and think I'm a bit of a boring bastard, but I've always purposefully been a few years out from the cutting edge in gaming.

I understand why people want to have the newest things etc, but I don't see the point in paying 50/60/70£ for something I can have for 10/15£ a couple of years later.

I will admit that although I've had Xbox's and PSs I was a PC gamer first so I'm not as well up as most, but it just seems a waste of money for me.

If £70 is true, I could buy 4 or 5 really good games for the PS4 with that cash, for me it's a no brainer.

For example, I've just bought a sealed copy of Resident Evil 7, just over £10. Been wanting to get the game for ages, now I can.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

I know a lot of people on here will disagree and think I'm a bit of a boring bastard, but I've always purposefully been a few years out from the cutting edge in gaming.

I understand why people want to have the newest things etc, but I don't see the point in paying 50/60/70£ for something I can have for 10/15£ a couple of years later.

I will admit that although I've had Xbox's and PSs I was a PC gamer first so I'm not as well up as most, but it just seems a waste of money for me.

If £70 is true, I could buy 4 or 5 really good games for the PS4 with that cash, for me it's a no brainer.

For example, I've just bought a sealed copy of Resident Evil 7, just over £10. Been wanting to get the game for ages, now I can.

A lot of it is to be socially up-to-date tbh

If all my pals are in on The Last of Us and play/complete it then chatting away about it in person or in the whatsapp group etc then I'm on it 3 years later, it's not quite the same IMO 

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Agreed , only game I consider buying on launch are Battlefield titles, even a year behind with Fifa these days. Always wait until I can pick something up for under £20.

Missed out on Pre-Orders oops.

I ask this all the time, but I really need to upgrade my telly first. The old 2009 LG just won't suffice for the PS5 I don't think.

Any more news or suggestions on the TVs set to get the best out of the next gen consoles?

51 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Missed out on Pre-Orders oops.

I ask this all the time, but I really need to upgrade my telly first. The old 2009 LG just won't suffice for the PS5 I don't think.

Any more news or suggestions on the TVs set to get the best out of the next gen consoles?

AO still have some

Simply Games and The Game Collection will be doing theirs later today. Argos aren't doing pre-orders until Friday. So you still have plenty of chances to get one.

Can't help on the TV side of things. Haven't used one for gaming since 2012!

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/technology/televisions-and-accessories/televisions/c:30106/resolution:4k-ultra-hd/

As long as it has HDR you're good to go, preferably LG or Samsung as they're the best brands of TV from my experience. 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

A lot of it is to be socially up-to-date tbh

If all my pals are in on The Last of Us and play/complete it then chatting away about it in person or in the whatsapp group etc then I'm on it 3 years later, it's not quite the same IMO 

Good point, it's been a long time since I've played along with anyone else, think the last time was Halo a good few years ago. I'm more interested in just relaxing with a RPG and getting lost in that world than competing against others. A lot of my mates just don't play games any more tbh.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/technology/televisions-and-accessories/televisions/c:30106/resolution:4k-ultra-hd/

As long as it has HDR you're good to go, preferably LG or Samsung as they're the best brands of TV from my experience. 

Thanks mate, forgot about a (decent enough but not life-changing) 8% discount I get on Argos, might actually be a good shout. Think I get the same off Currys too.